• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Salzburg v Liverpool (UCL 10/12/19 5.55pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Lovren [off 53’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 39 25.2%
  • Robertson

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Henderson

Votes: 31 20.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Keita [GOAL 57’, off 87’]

Votes: 95 61.3%
  • Salah [GOAL 58’]

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Firmino [off 75’]

• Mane

Votes: 44 28.4%
  • Gomez [on 53’]

• Milner [on 75’]

• Origi [on 87’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Won’t be watch this one live. Not at bloody 6pm. Can a mod please update with the subs.

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Please don’t post until full time.

won it at-a-turk stadium

TIA Regular Simpsons quoter
Positives:
Handled it well. Took the early pressure from Salzburg and then I thought we adapted the game to our own tempo

We created the best chances throughout the match than Salzburg in better positions to score. It could have been more than 2-0

Clean sheet

Naby Keita

Negatives:

No, Lovren down!
(Hopefully its not serious)

Incognito

The Normal One
What a time to get that matured 'seeing the game off' performance we were so good at last season. So that's CL finals sorted because we don't lose two legged ties :p But, that's it till Feb and can focus on PL now. Madrid it will be despite finishing on top, won't it?

This was like facing the naive version of us or Dortmund under Klopp. An exciting side, but couldn't handle the experience and manage the 90 mins the way it should be. Tired legs gave away in the second half but they are very exciting side nonetheless.

Many good performances but Alisson's first half performance deserves mention because it kept us in the game. Keita gets my sentimental vote of the day for being so awesome and critics he gets despite that. Very nice performance from him though and hope these couple of games are start of something special. Might not have played had Fab not been injured so right time to come in for him. Him and Salah scoring after each missing one was poetic.

Van Dijk solid as always. Special mention to Gomez who came on in such a pacy game and didn't look lost.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
great match.... impressed with the red bulls young team and manager. they're fun to watch and attack well which made this one of the most enjoyable matches of the season for me to watch today

world class salah and mane ..

fab injury is a blessing in disguise for Keita to come to form.. Keita is an amazing player..... I'm glad to see him hit form.

and Alisson a great double save to start this match off... world class

sligh negative on Lovren going off... hopefully a quick recovery

see ya in the knockout round boys!

gr_sounder

Whew, what a game.
Fun fun if you didn't have a requirement for a win for a team you support .... neutrals would have loved it.

Anyway, excellent display by Liverpool against a good Salzburg team.
Honestly while we may not have run away with it, this was a good opponent and the Liverpool tactics and players were all good on teh day. I've no complaints against anyone so full credit to that. Seems that the club is now hitting their stride.

And full marks to Salzburg's players and managers. They gave it a go and went for the win they needed.... and went about it in the way they had to, but came up short against a team that was honestly just better and didn't have a bad day. I will hope they can win the Europa.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Very professional second half, lost our head with sloppy passing in the first. After we went up by 2 we looked so in control.

Give credit to Alisson who was the model professional in that first half. Knew it wouldn't be easy as they will be a fight for anyone in the Europa league so pleased we actually kept a clean sheet

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Mo could have had 4 or 5 goals, missed the easy ones and clipped the toughest chance away.
I thought Gini, Naby and Hendo were superb with Naby really stepping up to the plate again. He was in fantastic positions for a couple of easy chances and neither Bobby nor Mo squared it for him so that all looks promising for us.