• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Sheff Utd v Liverpool (EPL 28/9/19 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 50 38.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Robertson

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • Henderson

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Salah

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Firmino

• Mane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red over the water

I’ll go back and read what others thought.

Three points, job done. Pressure on Man City now. Come on Everton, get a famous, DVD-worthy, draw. Or win it and bring out a box set, I don’t mind!

Credit to Sheffield Utd. Fought hard, had a couple of looks at goal. We matched their endeavor, which was good, but we were off in the final third. Mane missed two, Mo missed one, and then there were a couple of half chances where it didn’t click either. It happens, but we need to improve.

Unlucky to their goalie. 99/100 he saves it, but that was the one.

Three points, table looks good, we are finding ways to win, and keep on winning, when we are not playing that well. The law of averages would suggest we will start to drop points if the performance level doesn’t improve. Then again, the law of averages suggests the performance level will improve and there’s more to come from this team! It’s a great time to be a red.

Onwards and upwards.

Incognito

The Normal One
That's not how it works.

VAR checks everything so the refs do not request a review...they just get told a review is under way.
Yeah, you are right. I was referring to the geniuses operating the technology and was under the impression that the are associated to the refs in certain way (Are they the refs themselves ? or not in which case I might be somewhere wrong) . Hence, my assumption that they wouldn't want to point the 'clear and obvious' errors especially the penalty ones their fellow refs keep on doing regularly.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
good away win against a tough team. Not many teams will take 3pts at Sheffield Utd this season.

I think we deserved to win, when Origi came on we seemed o move to a 4-2-3-1, and it worked. The commentator said theses are the games you have to win to win the league, and I agree. I though sheff were very good but sometimes too hard in the tackle. Finally VARS proved yet agian that it is run by three chimpansees ! everyone saw the contact, and yet it wasnt a penalty. THAT is how it was before VARS, and now VARS can tell you if your shoelack needs doing up, but it cant see a clear penalty !

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Goes without saying!
I'm already dreaming about it! :LOL: :p

My biggest challenge now is to convince her to support liverpool, she has no interest in football!
No worries, we will get the TIA ladies to take her on a Reds night out! When she sees Alisson amd VVD she might change her mind. :love:

Last edited:

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Can we win all our 38 games?!
I know its sounds crazy, but with a bit of luck and no injuries, we can attempt it.
I dunno, we are bound to drop points, at some point in the season, maybe later the season. It is impossible to win all games with the stiff competition we have on a weekly basis, plus Champions League and F.A Cup in between, coupled with those stupid International friendlies. We need to draw less matches and Man City need to drop a few more points.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
City not convincing as they were last season, reckon they can drop points if a team has a go at then.
Calvert lewis had wasted 2 good chances.
5 point lead still, and city have thin margins.

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
Just so glad we won - somehow. What is wrong with Mane? Twice today he should have put us ahead. Mo - well, he can't do anything right at the moment. Bob was invisible. Just thank goodness we got the result without either of those 3 on their game. Virgil was outstanding -£275 million - at the very least he must be worth. Massive 3 points. Need to start playing better though.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
We certainly weren't at the races today making it ridiculously hard for ourselves against what can only be described as a workmanlike team in Sheffield United. The chances we squandered when it looked harder to miss than score made the final quarter of the match a very chancy affair. A 1-0 lead is not something that a win can be relied upon of achieving, and yet we did finally win and show how resilient a side we have become. The stats at the end of the game showed the only thing the Blades bested us at was they won more corners. Thankfully, it was another win and three more points to our total.

Watching the run up to the game on BT Sport I thought I was watching Sheffield United's own TV channel. It was virtually all about the Blades and very little about us. And when it came to the match commentary I got the distinct impression that they (including Steve McManaman) were hoping for an upset and to praise the giant killers of the Champions League winners. Nuts to them.

Alright Now

Just so glad we won - somehow. What is wrong with Mane? Twice today he should have put us ahead. Mo - well, he can't do anything right at the moment. Bob was invisible. Just thank goodness we got the result without either of those 3 on their game. Virgil was outstanding -£275 million - at the very least he must be worth. Massive 3 points. Need to start playing better though.
Same thing that’s wrong with Sterling, Gundogan, and Aguero today. They’re all human.