Post Match: Shrewsbury v Liverpool (FAC 26/1/20 5pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 81 84.4%
  • Williams

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Matip [off 79’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Larouci

• Fabinho

• Chirivella

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • Jones [GOAL 15’]

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Elliot [off 71’]

• Minamino [off 85’]

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Origi

• Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 71’]

• Salah [on 79’]

• Firmino [85’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wilkored08

Btw if I am not mistaken, during Arsenal’s heydays, Wenger used to regularly blood his kids in the cup competitions. I don’t remember hearing a lot of hissy fits then.
Do I read more into this....other clubs pointing the finger at JK...should , could ,would and not allowed....trying to get a reaction....(have the points deducted brigade had their two penneth.) All rings of trying to unnerve us and trying to let the shitty boys in by the back door....LIV v SHREW....let some of the mature head on shoulders players play and those that need game time, plus the young un's ...and JK can speak to them via conference phone.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Ideally the senior players who played at Shrewsbury would volunteer to play in the replay telling Klopp “Boss we would like to atone for our non-performance the other day and play the replay and we can sacrifice 2 days of our break.”
That should solve all the issues ... I think.
Or he could drop them to the reserves himself!

Richard88

Apart from some defensive lapses and weak goalkeeping I thought the youth side did very well against Villa and deserved at least a goal or two for their efforts. Add the likes of Williams, Larouci, and Jones to that team and we should give them a good game, especially at Anfield. The way I see it the lineup picks itself apart from in midfield and CF.

------------------ Kelleher ------------------
Williams --- Hoever --- Vd Berg -- Larouci
----------------- Chirivella ------------------
----------- CM ------------- CM ------------
--- Elliott ---------- CF ---------- Jones ----

Whatever the selection, Klopp is going to be thoroughly vindicated when the u23's knock Shrewsbury out.

Wilkored08

Apart from some defensive lapses and weak goalkeeping I thought the youth side did very well against Villa and deserved at least a goal or two for their efforts. Add the likes of Williams, Larouci, and Jones to that team and we should give them a good game, especially at Anfield. The way I see it the lineup picks itself apart from in midfield and CF.

------------------ Kelleher ------------------
Williams --- Hoever --- Vd Berg -- Larouci
----------------- Chirivella ------------------
----------- CM ------------- CM ------------
--- Elliott ---------- CF ---------- Jones ----

Whatever the selection, Klopp is going to be thoroughly vindicated when the u23's knock Shrewsbury out.
Bigger ground, bigger crowd...let's see.

Richard88

Bigger ground, bigger crowd...let's see.
That goes for Shewsbury players too... most of whom will never have played in front of a crowd that size, let alone at Anfield. In the home game they really fed off the energy of the home crowd, particularly after getting a rather fortuitous penalty, but they won't have the benefit of that at Anfield.

Furthermore Shrewbury won't have a bobbly pitch this time around (which is something that always tends to favour the less technical lower-league sides).

They won't get the benefit of no VAR either, which will make more of a difference for them given that they are likelier to be playing on the counter-attack and therefore needing to benefit from close offside calls. Afterall, neither of their two goals in the 2-2 game would have stood had the game been at Anfield (with VAR), as the penalty was outside the box, and there was a clear offside in the lead-up to their 2nd.

GaryC

That goes for Shewsbury players too... most of whom will never have played in front of a crowd that size, let alone at Anfield. In the home game they really fed off the energy of the home crowd, particularly after getting a rather fortuitous penalty, but they won't have the benefit of that at Anfield.

Furthermore Shrewbury won't have a bobbly pitch this time around (which is something that always tends to favour the less technical lower-league sides).

They won't get the benefit of no VAR either, which will make more of a difference for them given that they are likelier to be playing on the counter-attack and therefore needing to benefit from close offside calls. Afterall, neither of their two goals in the 2-2 game would have stood had the game been at Anfield (with VAR), as the penalty was outside the box, and there was a clear offside in the lead-up to their 2nd.
You mean there was no VAR at Shrewsbury but there will be VAR at Anfield? Wow strange rules.

Gazmaninaus

I don’t think the disappointment of the result has anything to do with the youngsters it sits fairly on the shoulders of the big name players. Watching Origi run around the park. I seriously wondered if he would have been included in the opposition if he was on loan. If we send the kids out good luck to them. However if we send the same team out they better bloody lift.