• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Southampton v Liverpool (EPL 5/4/2019 8pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 57’]

• Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 57’]

• Keita [GOAL 35’, off 87’]

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Salah [GOAL 80’]

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • Firmino

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Mane

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Milner [on 57’]

• Henderson [on 57’, GOAL 85’]

Votes: 85 50.3%
  • Lovren [on 87’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Well, due to circumstances I had to miss the match on Friday AND forgot to record it so had to watch a laggy web version as my wife slept off her 9hr jet lag next to me. Needless to say, was hard to contain my excitement at Mo’s strike and especially for Henderson.

Did anyone else notice he did about four celebrations in 10 seconds?

“can you hear me” > knee slide > shout at the traveling Kop > ROAR

Mate...walk if you have to.

Watching this team in the flesh is a privilege.
Or swim. Three weeks until I am there. Bucket list tick off the list. Counting the days...

I haven't seen this during the game, that's Bobby doing Bobby thingslol

That’s absolutely brilliant and made me love him a little bit more.

I still don't understand how Keita fall in the box wasn't a foul but towards the end Robertson's tackle is a foul?
A yellow card, let alone a foul. Incredulous. He played well, still hasn’t sync’d up with the other mids and tends to not show for a pass at times but thought he did a job for us including a clutch goal.

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
This is for anybody who believes in omens.
The last time a horse won back to back Grand Nationals, Red Rum 1977. Liverpool won the double of the league and European Cup. We won the league by one point from runners up...... Manchester City!!
Not true.

Red Rum won his third Grand National in 1977. He landed consecutive runnings in 1973 and 1974.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
A bit late to the party but i have 3 points to say

2. For the Hendo haters out there, go f yourselves and while there have some humble pie
Why dont you quote the posts showing hate for Henderson, you know, just to back up your ridiculous statement.

I'd guess most parties down your way are fairly decent until late on.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
WOAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I loved Hendo's celebrations - I was mirroring them minus the physical actions!!! I, like the majority of our fans am far from sure whether our tickers' will last until the end of the season!!! I love this fucking club!!!

IN KLOPP WE TRUST!!!

TOP OF THE TABLE!!!
WOAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
The same reason Keita didn't get a pen against Leicester and Kompany didn't get sent off at the Emptyhad.
Ffs can you keep this shit in the conspiracy thread. I asked the mods to take me out that crap for a reason

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Im sorry to put this in a match thread but I'm hoping for some help
I just realized during the match that the date of the chelsea game next weekend has changed from saturday to sunday
I need to scramble and rearrange my flights and hotel and everything
there are no more flights from dublin into Liverpool on the 13th
Im thinking of flying into manchester and then going to liverpool - would that work? whats the best way to get from manchester to liverpool?
thanks for any help
Mick
Am sure others have already replied but check out www.thetrainline.com would be very surprised if it took more than 1hr or bit over. Other option is to fly into Leeds or Birmingham which might mean a bit longer train journey but good options for alternative airports. Last option check ferries between Dublin and Liverpool

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Am sure others have already replied but check out www.thetrainline.com would be very surprised if it took more than 1hr or bit over. Other option is to fly into Leeds or Birmingham which might mean a bit longer train journey but good options for alternative airports. Last option check ferries between Dublin and Liverpool
Train from MIA to LIV is about 70 mins, 18-25 quid return. Dead simple. The train station is attached to the airport.

Can't get a ferry from Dublin to Liverpool as a foot passenger.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Ffs can you keep this shit in the conspiracy thread. I asked the mods to take me out that crap for a reason
First, it isnt a conspiracy thread, it is designed to discuss biases, and has improved in quality with your self imposed exile.
Secondly, the thread isnt crap, it is a vehicle for discussion, as any forum should be.
Thirdly, I think @jaffod answered a question posed about the Keita penalty incident. The answer was contextualised. Maybe cognisance of that should be recognised before another attempt to denigrate what you obviously dont agree with.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
What's this Jones fellas record like?
Should we sign him permanently, or send him out on loan for a season?
Pretty good so far, all runs must come to an end, im hoping his does sometime in 2020 in a dead rubber tie but if he keeps this run going till the end of the season he deserves at least a one year deal for next year. Have to say i feel sorry for nobluff, had a great run then was dumped in favour of a newbie with a swearing affliction :)

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Pretty good so far, all runs must come to an end, im hoping his does sometime in 2020 in a dead rubber tie but if he keeps this run going till the end of the season he deserves at least a one year deal for next year. Have to say i feel sorry for nobluff, had a great run then was dumped in favour of a newbie with a swearing affliction :)
It's done,just needs the mods to clear it.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
First, it isnt a conspiracy thread, it is designed to discuss biases, and has improved in quality with your self imposed exile.
Secondly, the thread isnt crap, it is a vehicle for discussion, as any forum should be.
Thirdly, I think @jaffod answered a question posed about the Keita penalty incident. The answer was contextualised. Maybe cognisance of that should be recognised before another attempt to denigrate what you obviously dont agree with.
- the thread title has conspiracy as the first word and from what I've read it's pretty embarrassing tbh. Just because you have a few like minded people doesn't all of a sudden make it enlightening
- jaffod believes there is a big conspiracy against us by the fa and uefa as well. Has stated that numerous times on here over the years. Moaning about ref not giving keita the pen as like its a conspiracy but conveniently ignored that salah was offside in the build up to keita's equaliser

But as I said, I'm done with this paranoia of yours so please kindly keep it to the conspiracy thread that the mods kindly made for you so as to contain it and so it wouldn't infect the rest of the forum

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Wow, we have a new moderator.

If it bothers you that much, why not just report it instead of inflaming it?

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Wow, we have a new moderator.

If it bothers you that much, why not just report it instead of inflaming it?
Tbh Im not into reporting people. I asked the mods to take me out of that thread because it was just the same shit over and over. The reason it was started in the first place was to stop it popping up all over other threads. If he wants to go on about his beliefs that everyone is out to knoble us then fine just keep then in the conspiracy thread

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Tbh Im not into reporting people. I asked the mods to take me out of that thread because it was just the same shit over and over. The reason it was started in the first place was to stop it popping up all over other threads. If he wants to go on about his beliefs that everyone is out to knoble us then fine just keep then in the conspiracy thread
The post you answered was in context of the discussion on the Keita penalty claim.
You were the one who acted smart arsed and pointed to a thread that you tried baiting in, until you got nowhere and exiled yourself.
Discussion happens in all threads on different aspects, and the question on penalties is relevant.
You denying this is akin to a criticism of a player in a match thread being directed to their player thread. Surely discussion should not be confined to some linear structure?

And the notion that we have to equate the Salah offside to the Keita denied penalty is actually ludicrous. Its nonsense to suggest evening out of decisions, as it doesnt work like that.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
The post you answered was in context of the discussion on the Keita penalty claim.
You were the one who acted smart arsed and pointed to a thread that you tried baiting in, until you got nowhere and exiled yourself.
Discussion happens in all threads on different aspects, and the question on penalties is relevant.
You denying this is akin to a criticism of a player in a match thread being directed to their player thread. Surely discussion should not be confined to some linear structure?

And the notion that we have to equate the Salah offside to the Keita denied penalty is actually ludicrous. Its nonsense to suggest evening out of decisions, as it doesnt work like that.
Let's leave it at that in here and you can go back to to your conspiracy thread

Limiescouse

@Semmy

Zinny has made a point of this several times, but we really do have a side of really likeable players at the moment. Bobby is always just cool as hell, but never in a rub your face in it way like some people might have thought Henry was. Mo laughed off his goal drought on friday instead making fun of Hendo saying that not scoring in years is a real drought.

Last edited:

Limiescouse

I do wonder why Keita didn't get the penalty call,very dodgy that......
Graham Le Seaux was hysterical over it. On first view utterly convinced it was a dive and Keita should be booked. While he was explaining his position, we were then shown the other angle that clearly shows the CB takes him knee high causing Keita to then clip his other leg and go over. He somehow then manages to admit he was wrong and still claim it should have been a booking because Keita was looking for it.

Last edited:

jaschwilli

I was away from internet this week-end, I have just returned and got to a short highlight video without knowing the result. Imagine that video jumping from Nabys equalizer to a 79th minute corner for southhampton - thats shock and awe and these 10 seconds did cost me a few years of my heart beating. Lord!

and off topic:
I understand, that this site wants me to turn off the ad blockers, and I can get along with ads for stairway lifts or asian datings but please please no ads for Arsenal tickets please

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I was away from internet this week-end, I have just returned and got to a short highlight video without knowing the result. Imagine that video jumping from Nabys equalizer to a 79th minute corner for southhampton - thats shock and awe and these 10 seconds did cost me a few years of my heart beating. Lord!

and off topic:
I understand, that this site wants me to turn off the ad blockers, and I can get along with ads for stairway lifts or asian datings but please please no ads for Arsenal tickets please
That has more to do with your browsing history, so you have some explaining to do

jaschwilli

so it means the other add ons like "track me not", the deletion of all cookies every day and the tin foil hat do their work? At least stairway lifts and Arsenal fit together. Two years ago we had an arsenal fan from Pakistan living in a flat in our house, sharing the same account for the internet. Gosh, google does not forget.