• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Southampton v Liverpool (EPL 5/4/2019 8pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 57’]

• Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 57’]

• Keita [GOAL 35’, off 87’]

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Salah [GOAL 80’]

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • Firmino

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Mane

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Milner [on 57’]

• Henderson [on 57’, GOAL 85’]

Votes: 85 50.3%
  • Lovren [on 87’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Southampton were pretty much all over us until Henderson and Milner came in. Great gritty win for us tonight. 5 more games. The frustration is that even if we win every game, we still might lose the title. But I am going to keep enjoying the ride until the end where we either end up as Champions or end up 2nd again. Either way, I am gonna cry myself to sleep.

macca1970

Not a good start, with Saints much more hungry in the opening 20 mins. Better final 20 mins of the half, and a first goal for Naby for the equalizer.

Second half, with Saints still 5 at back and direct balls, making it difficult. The Div was ready to come on, but an excellent break away goal by Mo meant that he was not needed. Mo kept his head, knew exactly what he was doing.

Jordan came on to bring some urgency. He was playing a more advanced role, and contributed straight away. Gini been poor lately, and Henderson showed how to play the role. He covered and made those runs forward, getting his breakaway goal (great play by Bobby for the assist.

Big win.

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
Jesus H Christ on a Bike... We are going to do this the hard way all the way to the end.. Anyone with a weak disposition must look away now..

Captain Fantastic, released further forward and a massive massive difference maker tonight. Gave the team the fight and bite sorely missing. Assist and a goal!

On we go.. 5 to go till.. Hold on tight..

P.s. 50 goals in how many games for Salah slipping under the radar.. Legend in the making.

RodM

I'm almost used to us grinding out results but I still hate it. Big win. Was impressed with Matip throughout the game and Mo's goal was sublime. Went with Hendo for MotM. Absolutely transformed us.

I've puzzled for a while as to what our best midfield is and have come to the conclusion that it is whatever is on the bench.

Alright Now

This is stuff of champions performance. This one's entirely on Klopp, realized where were lacking and brought in the perfect changes. They got nothing from their left once Milly was on, and Hendo changed the midfield dynamism completely! Clear MoTM IMO. Fcking hell this was Hendo of 13-14! So good when allowed the freedom!

Salah back scoring again, let the floodgates open now. A goal from counter attack, from their counter.. how many we used to score those! What a night.. we aren't fading away! No fcking away.. watch your fcking backs you plastic shits.. Come on!!! :celebrating:
Hendo’s celebration once again worth the price of admission. What a captain.

Nur der BvB09

Patience and beleave in our gameplan and Quality are bringing us throughout the whole Season and we still doubt ourselves!
This Team is good enough to recover from setbacks and haveshowed it time and again .
Enjoy the cardial journey till the end.
Up the REDS and stay there!YNWA
P.S. Take a BOW as Always our away FANS!

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
It's 6:00 am here and I can't think of a better way to start the day!

MoM has to be Hendo. He changed the game as soon as he came on and of course an assist and a very rare Hendo goal.

On we go! Doesn't matter about the performance overall. All that matters now is win, win, win. Three points every time.

macca1970

Henderson showing he can still play a more forward role if needed. He was pressing and covering good in that role too. Allows him to get in the box.

Shows his detractors that he has more up if sleeve if needed.

sms1986

Posted at 22:0122:01
Post update
Jordan Henderson has now scored at least one goal in each of the last 10 Premier League seasons.
Daniel Sturridge, Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey are the only other players to have done so.
I would have done that as a quiz question but to be honest I don't think there's any chance anyone would have guessed those three.