Post match: Southampton v Liverpool (EPL 5/4/2019 8pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 57’]

• Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 57’]

• Keita [GOAL 35’, off 87’]

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Salah [GOAL 80’]

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • Firmino

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Mane

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Milner [on 57’]

• Henderson [on 57’, GOAL 85’]

Votes: 85 50.3%
  • Lovren [on 87’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jim bouki

Was critical of hendo in the pre match thread stating when is the last time he changed the tempo of the game when the game is on the line. Happy to eat humble pie and made to look the fool that was a true captains performance!! his energy and dynamism helped lift the team to victory! happy for the lad to get his goal you could see what it meant to him! Also well done to naby scoring his first goal for the club. May it lead to many more! This team is making a habit of late goals! Great mix of determination and unbelievable fitness levels. Those sunny training trips (marbella) starting to pay dividends!!!

Dimitriy

Sorry guys, I have to repost the following again ! :wave:
...The way I see it, we need to surpass the next (now it's one more)three. But, if we turn up and play, we are fucked...
  • Burnley H ("check")
  • Fulham A....we have to win (we won) that one !!!
  • Totnam H...fuck yeah,
  • Soton A..."we went there, and did it"
  • Chelski H
  • Cardif A
  • Huddersfield H
  • Newcastle A
  • Wolves H
  • ...Karma gave us Everton, again... And Hazzard can fuck off lol

yiannos33

Believe
A bit of a scare early on but they couldn’t keep up in the last 20 minutes. All they could do is waist time.
Hendo and Milner was a good sub from our boss. Ref was shite again. Back on top!
Salah back to scoring. Kop the best traveling fans.

The Flying Pig

Henderson is a much understimated player. Not flash, but real drive and will to win.
A team player.
We always look better with him in the team.
He should be in the team with Fabinho. The midfield we ended the game with should be given a run. Henderson, Fabhino and Keita.

Flobs

FADA
i don't think so. They just didn't play very well. No one could have foreseen that, not even Klopp
All I can suggest is that you watch it again. We had no midfield for a whole half of football. It was imbarrassing, sad and frustrating. It asked the question of whether LFC wanted to win the championship. Thankfully Henderson came on and answered that for us.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I thought our first goal had been ruled out. I heard a whistle after the goal and then Martin Tyler said something about the ball being behind the line. I thought he meant it'd gone out before the cross. Then Sadio and Naby's celebration seemed underwhelming. It was only when the players started to set up for the restart that I realised it had stood.

Barry O'Connor

Im sorry to put this in a match thread but I'm hoping for some help
I just realized during the match that the date of the chelsea game next weekend has changed from saturday to sunday
I need to scramble and rearrange my flights and hotel and everything
there are no more flights from dublin into Liverpool on the 13th
Im thinking of flying into manchester and then going to liverpool - would that work? whats the best way to get from manchester to liverpool?
thanks for any help
Mick
I'm flying from Knock on the Saturday. Still seats on that flight.

sms1986

22:21
'Wow, what a goal'
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to BBC Sport: "I knew it would be difficult. Southampton have been well organised. We scored two wonderful goals.
"The season is intense for everyone. You have an opportunity to make really good changes – Milner and Henderson helped. They were aggressive in a really important way. You could see them pushing the boys.
"Southampton had to suffer in the second half because of the first-half tempo. Difficult away game, 3-1 is a perfect result.
"What a goal [from Salah]. He couldn’t pass because Firmino couldn't get into the right position. The defender could not concentrate on Mo. Wow, what a goal. A good moment. Naby Keita's first goal for the club in a crucial moment."

sms1986

Posted at 22:2322:23
Inevitable turnaround at 1-0?
Liverpool have won 16 points from losing positions this season, the most in the division.
Southampton have now lost 23 points from leading positions, more than anyone else.

yiannos33

Believe
"With tonights win, Liverpool FC will finish the season above Chelsea and Manchester United, and has guaranteed their place in next years champions league (self.LiverpoolFC)
submitted a minute ago by Zeerover-
As the table stands currently Liverpool sit top with 82, while Chelsea and United can only reach 81 and 79 points respectively.
We have already surpassed the points total of the 01/02 season, which saw us finish on 80 points and claim second place. We are only 2 points from equaling the points total from 13/14 with 5 games to go, and need just another 4 points to equal our best PL season (08/09 86 points 2nd place).
On the other hand United have managed to climb from sixth to sixth since firing Mourinho and replacing him with their new wonderboy."
Let’s hope United get the maximum 79points

sms1986

@[B]OptaJoe[/B]
FollowFollow @OptaJoe
More
3 – Mohamed Salah has become just the second player in Premier League history to score in each of his first three matches on a Friday, after Thierry Henry who scored in all four of his such matches in the competition. Freaky. #SOULIV

@[B]LynchStandard[/B]
FollowFollow @LynchStandard
More
Klopp on Keita scoring: “The boys were really happy for him in the dressing room, he had multiple hugs. The boys decided not to celebrate it like crazy because there was still a job to do!”