• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Southampton v Liverpool (EPL 5/4/2019 8pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 57’]

• Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 57’]

• Keita [GOAL 35’, off 87’]

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Salah [GOAL 80’]

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • Firmino

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Mane

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Milner [on 57’]

• Henderson [on 57’, GOAL 85’]

Votes: 85 50.3%
  • Lovren [on 87’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Flying Pig

Im sorry to put this in a match thread but I'm hoping for some help
I just realized during the match that the date of the chelsea game next weekend has changed from saturday to sunday
I need to scramble and rearrange my flights and hotel and everything
there are no more flights from dublin into Liverpool on the 13th
Im thinking of flying into manchester and then going to liverpool - would that work? whats the best way to get from manchester to liverpool?
thanks for any help
Mick

LS12Red

Wow....Im not one to moan about refs but he was appalling... blatant penalty not given, incredible time wasting shit housery not punished until late on and just poor decisions all game. Glad to see the smirk wiped off their players faces especially Redmond. The absolute joy of hearing Tyler absolutely gutted when Mo slotted that beauty. I'm so glad we did that lot hopefully they do down next season. Great subs by Jurgen and 3 more points in the bag. GET IN !!

sms1986

22:25
'We will always be dangerous'
Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk told BBC Sport: "I do enjoy it, obviously I do not like conceding but we showed character and came here for the three points.
"We kept going in the second half and they did not have a sniff apart from a couple of set pieces that is credit to us.
"We are trying to break teams down, they play a 5-4-1 formation against us and when we lose the ball they are trying to counter-attack us.
"We have to be patient, there will be opportunities to go through them and no team can keep going for 90 minutes. With the quality we have, we will always be dangerous."

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Im sorry to put this in a match thread but I'm hoping for some help
I just realized during the match that the date of the chelsea game next weekend has changed from saturday to sunday
I need to scramble and rearrange my flights and hotel and everything
there are no more flights from dublin into Liverpool on the 13th
Im thinking of flying into manchester and then going to liverpool - would that work? whats the best way to get from manchester to liverpool?
thanks for any help
Mick
Fly to Birmingham. 26euro on the Sunday morning or 100 on the Saturday afternoon. Flights are still there. Train station in the airport all the way to lime Street usually about 30 quid

Werder4life

Did anyone see Klopp during the game? He was unusually calm, almost as if he has seen the future.
He was the same when BvB was in the run for the first title under him , if I recall correctly - avoided further upsetting clashes with the officials like the plague (never bodes well in coming matches at the end of season)

Toro

Florida Red
I swear to God this is absolutely true.

Throughout my life, when I’ve watched a sporting event of some kind, I’ve gotten these weird premonitions about sports that almost always turn out to be true. But I don’t know if I’ve ever had one about Liverpool. Or if I did, I couldn’t remember the last one.

So today, I couldn’t watch most of the match and instead had to follow it on my phone. When ESPN flashed 1-0, I immediately saw a FT score of 1-3. I rushed home when I could, turned on the TV, and the first thing I saw was Salah’s goal.

I kid you not.

Wait! I just had another premonition. It appears we are going to beat Chelsea 12-0!

Cologne-Liverpool

He was the same when BvB was in the run for the first title under him , if I recall correctly - avoided further upsetting clashes with the officials like the plague (never bodes well in coming matches at the end of season)
Yeah, I think it's also about projecting it to the team. They're nervous/tense enough as it is, very few things come easy atm. The work/fight spirit is there, so no need to go ballistic in the coaching zone

sms1986

22:34
Post update
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah to Sky Sports: "[It was] special to get goal number 50 – after nine games. Not at all [did he consider passing for his goal]. As a striker you need to score. I made my decision to shoot."

Noo Noo

All I can suggest is that you watch it again. We had no midfield for a whole half of football. It was imbarrassing, sad and frustrating. It asked the question of whether LFC wanted to win the championship. Thankfully Henderson came on and answered that for us.
I don't have to watch it again. Did you honestly think that Klopp knew beforehand that a midfield worth over £100m was going to play so abjectly? That starting line, on paper was plenty good enough to win and dominate that game.

No. He picked a good team. The three in the middle did not play well. Neither did anyone really and TAA was also really poor.

So Klopp changed it for the better.

MrBrightside

Shouting at the wife...………. "NO MO, NO MO, NO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" then sets off like a loan around the house, headbutts the fridge and my boy goes 'Daddy you're scaring me'. Get the fuck in! This club just keeps on giving! Now let's go batter Porto and the Chavs please.
I don't post v often as I prefer to listen rather than speak but f##k me this post made me belly laugh, well done sir. Post of the season for me

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
@Scott Jones OP
@AussieLad on the mark
Klopp showing off his game management
Hendo showing us which way is up

Never doubt the above again.
If you send me £10 I'll even tell you next week's lotto numbers.

Note: arrival of said numbers may arrive anywhere up to 24hrs after said draw lol

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
This team. Fucking hell. Every game from now to the end of the season will be like this. The pressure these lads are playing under is incredible. It's bad enough just watching. Fuck knows what it must be like to play in it.

I am made up for Henderson. His good games are quickly forgotten and he was given plenty of stick on Sunday. Tonight was the Henderson of 13/14. Immense performance from him. The Salah goal could be season defining. Not just because it won us the points tonight but the surge of confidence Mo will now have will help him score plenty more. We have really missed his goals these last few weeks but with him firing again anything is possible.

The substitutions changed the game. Now maybe we can appreciate what the experience and calm heads of Milner and Henderson bring to this team because before their arrival we had zero control in the middle of the pitch. Calmest of the lot was Klopp. He made the right decisions at the right time.

We're going to have to win them all, aren't we? After tonight I really believe that we can.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Picked Hendo as my MotM and happy to see he's winning the vote by a country mile. I'm happy for him because he took some stick after the Spuds match. Also made up for Naby Keita, that goal was a long time coming, Great, too, to see Mo on the score sheet and what a wonderful goal it was. Hoping that will kickstart his goal scoring for our remaining matches because it could very well come down to goal difference at the end.

The big one for our season is on the horizon with Chelski visiting Anfield, and this time we want no slip ups. We take them and we take them good.