• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Southampton v Liverpool (EPL 5/4/2019 8pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 57’]

• Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Wijnaldum [off 57’]

• Keita [GOAL 35’, off 87’]

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Salah [GOAL 80’]

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • Firmino

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Mane

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Milner [on 57’]

• Henderson [on 57’, GOAL 85’]

Votes: 85 50.3%
  • Lovren [on 87’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
Im sorry to put this in a match thread but I'm hoping for some help
I just realized during the match that the date of the chelsea game next weekend has changed from saturday to sunday
I need to scramble and rearrange my flights and hotel and everything
there are no more flights from dublin into Liverpool on the 13th
Im thinking of flying into manchester and then going to liverpool - would that work? whats the best way to get from manchester to liverpool?
thanks for any help
Mick
Honestly its a peice off piss. Off the plane, walk to a train ( one every 15 min or something ) you'll be in Lime street in an hour to an an hour 30.
Just make sure we beat the fuckers.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I just realized during the match that the date of the chelsea game next weekend has changed from saturday to sunday
Im thinking of flying into manchester and then going to liverpool - would that work? whats the best way to get from manchester to liverpool?
thanks for any help
Mick
There is this:
http://www.poferries.com/eu/dublin-liverpool

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
For a while I didn't think much of it, I thought it was coincidence. Winning matches and scoring goals in the last 10 minutes.
This is not the Liverpool way. We score 4 in the first half, the other side scores 3 in the second, and we shit ourselves for the last 10 minutes. This is the Liverpool way.

Klopp out !!!

Werder4life

Salt Lake Manchester lol

Epic meltdowns on Red Caf and Blue Moon - especially the latter holds some next level pathetic bedwetters. ManC - England's Bayern Munich - made from everything money can buy and swamped by glory hunting teen supporters by the looks of it. I really like ManC to bottel it by a "slip" in one of the upcoming maches - since these can't get enough of peddling that old trope. ;-)

FGred

It was an awesome win Bobby my MOTM by a long chalk but I was ecstatic for Hendo after the stick he has taken from our own supporters and his celebration after the goal wow well deserved. Keita will be great for us next season and Mo Salah what a goal! This was the away game I was most worried about and when they scored first my fears were justified but I did not count on this resilient team of ours. 2 more away fixtures to worry about but I will savour a relaxing and hopefully boozy weekend. COYR and Thanks to those magnificent away Fans YNWA

7th Earl

thanks for any help
Mick
I'll pick you up on the way up from London if I have to! Just bloody get here pal!!

**terms and conditions apply**

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Am I the only one who thought was never in doubt?

Always though Southampton would hit a brick wall, they managed an intense first fifteen, and then another spell just after half time, but apart from that they looked fucked.

Jah_Pool

I've given Henderson some well deserved stick over the years and a lot of stick this season, but I gave him the man of the match today. He totally changed the game against the Saints. Maybe the midfield three is Fabinho, Naby/Gini and Henderson; when Henderson plays the box-to-box role with his energy. I wish we could bottle what Henderson did today and give it to him to drink every time he plays. I wish he would realize that every minute he has the ball at his feet, it's a chance for him to influence the game. Well done today Hugo, long may it continue. We go again.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Am I the only one who thought was never in doubt?

Always though Southampton would hit a brick wall, they managed an intense first fifteen, and then another spell just after half time, but apart from that they looked fucked.
Definitely,i was just pretending to be really pathetically anxious,i'm really good at pretending to be really pathetically anxious,i always admit i was just pretending after the game.

TheSweetSilverSong

What a massive win, coming from 1-0 down to turn the game around! Was vital that we went level to half time break.
And then we needed to change the game, nullify their counter and control midfield better, and Klopp was spot on with his subs, changed the game. It was simply coming, you could feel it. The belief within the team is tremendous!
And so important to get two goals from midfield, especially from two players that can benefit the most from scoring, Keita opening his account, and Hendo playing further forward and being rewarded for it with a MOTM performance and a goal and an assist.
Needless to say, extremely crucial for Salah to get such a goal that besides perfect execution, it needed steel nerves and perfect decision making and timing. Broke the record now and scored again, that forced own goal vs Spurs last week worked wonders, and now a proper goal, to hopefully go on to score a few more in these last 5 games and in the CL.

Top again, with 15 more points to play for (18 for City to play for), that's a lot. I'll say again, a lot of people expect both teams to keep winning, but I can't help but look at winning streaks again. City are currently on 8 - the longest they had this season (7 was their previous longest this season). To win their remaining 6 would take them to 14!!! They never had a run-in of 14 wins till now. So if they do win all 6 games, it will take something really really special from them to do so, and well done to them if they manage that. Even last season's City didn't have such a run-in (they did have a 18 game winning run last season, but it was not at this stage, rather much earlier in the season, and also, they were far better than this year too, nigh invincible, cruising their way to the title without any pressure from anyone).
We are currently on 4 back to back wins. We'd reach 9 if we win our remaining 5 games! Also looks like a massive feat to achieve, although 9 games in a row is actually something we already did this year - but not the easiest thing to do.
So I expect both teams to still drop points. The issue is how many. We need City to drop points in more games than we do.

But anyway, a small break from the worries of the EPL for now, to focus on Porto, and then a very crucial game, another final vs Chelsea for the EPL, let's just win that!

Over the moon with the win tonight!!!!

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
My 3 favorite moments:

1. When Bobby joined Hendo's celebration he almost hit him with his Kung Fu kick
2. Me and 110 other forumites hiding under desks and other furniture while celebrating when Keita scored
3. The travelling Kop exploding when Mo scored (followed by me taking a just-in-case baby aspirin)

Last edited:

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Bloody hell man!!! :indifferent:This team is going to kill us before May.

I honestly thought, we are going come out of the 90 minutes with a draw. I felt so despondent. I thought we blew it, we have no chance now. I left the house, walked to the off-licence shop and stood outside for 5 minutes contemplating whether to go in, but the Local Sainsbury's next door won me over. Then, went home and made a cuppa tea and took deep breaths, then came on the threads to catch up of what happened, dreading the worst. I felt relieved rather than celebratory as if the lads had come out of emergency surgery.

On a positive note.:)
So happy for Keita to get his first goal, bless him. We were brutal to him in the In-match thread before he scored. Hopefully, he will be more confident in the next match.

Mo managed to shake off his goal drought, so pleased he got his 50th goal. This is a huge confidence booster for him. His mindset will be much better for the next game and will shut the critics up for a while.

Henderson, wow!! What can I say, he divides opinion, but tonight he was our 'Knight in shining armour'. He galvanised the whole team on the pitch, along with his deputy Milner and asserted control and calmness in a difficult situation, he made them all believe, we can do this, we fight till the end. I was so proud that Hendo got that 3rd goal. He made sure the game was over. Jordan you are my hero tonight.

Our travelling Kop were marvellous, they helped push the lads over the line with their support.

You know, I love our Jurgen to bits, but sometimes I thought he was abit mad with his team selection and substituions, but I now realise he is a 'mad genius'. Our gaffer has had the last laugh on us. What do we know. :)

Anyhow, I am sorry for being a wuss and running away and not facing reality, but when you have been so near and hopes have been dashed in seconds, it is scary going through of "what happens if our player gets hurt or a bad decision goes against us" etc again.

We won and got the 3 points, I am so grateful. It was a hard match against a tough and worthy opposition. We still have 5 gruelling matches to go. Keeping the faith is a struggle. We will get through this.
:well done: