• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Spurs v Liverpool (EPL 11/1/20 5.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 65 48.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 24 17.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Henderson

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 52 38.5%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain (off 61’)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Salah (off 90+1’)

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Firmino [GOAL 36’]

Votes: 58 43.0%
  • Mane (off 81’]

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Lallana (on 61’)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Origi (on 81’]

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Shaqiri (on 90+1’)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Joe Gomez x

Alisson MOTM. Brilliant sweeping up. Brilliant handling also special show out to Gini who is boss.
Massive win for us, poor performance I think but a wins a win. Don’t win titles on good performances but no 3 points. Need to step it up next game though.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Sloppy performance from the reds but a great win nonetheless.

Too many poor passes today in dangerous areas. Our crossing and long ball game was completely off as well. That said, we played some lovely combinations in and around their box and really should have scored more.

Superb goal from Bobby. Thought Van Dijk played very well. Trent defended well. Alisson's handling was imperious. Lallana was excellent from the bench again.

I'd be gutted if I was a Spurs' fan looking at how negatively Mourinho set them up, that's a tactic that might snatch them a point here and there but it's never going to be enough to compete with the likes of us long term.

Magnus

This was an interesting game. We are the best team by far in the first half, even so, after the second half I sit here with the thoughts that we won this only because of the funny incompetence of the Tottenham strikers. Their chances to score 2-4 goals were enormous.

Even so, in a long season, you will have games like this. My vote for MotM is Allison, he kept those balls safely in his fatherly hands. At least 2 would have resorted in likely Tottenham goals had he dropped the ball. Nervy as hell, but even so, a fun game to watch !

Now, I dont think anyone can stop us. When we even beat Tottenham away with Lady Luck on our side, there are not enough teams left to stop this imperial march to the title ! :)