POST MATCH: Spurs v Liverpool (EPL 22/10/17 4pm)

Man of the match

• Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Matip

• Lovren [off 30']

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Moreno

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Can [off 82']

• Milner

• Coutinho

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 23']

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • Firmino [off 75']

• Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 30']

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Sturridge [on 75']

• Grujic [on 82']

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Who will buy Lovren and pay his fat 100k week contract? That's what I want to know.What were we thinking about giving him an improved long-term contract.Damn, that's annoying.

Surely to God there must be several available better players plying their trade in the Bundesliga that Klopp and his team are aware of?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Hendo, Milner and Can were horrid today.
Agreed, while I am no fan of Wijnaldum, but those three cannot feature together. One of them has to sit out for Wijnaldum, and Can would play better with Milner and Wijnaldum if he sits back as defensive mid. Too static if we play with those 3 together.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Hendo, Milner and Can were horrid today. Matip and Lovren simply not good today. They were exposed time after time by the midfield.

Upgrades needed.....

Not all soon and gloom, but upgrades are needed.
I sort of knew that midfield was going to be a disaster, just did not think it would be overrun that badly.

We need some sort of horse blinkers for Wijnaldum so that he thinks he is playing every game at Anfield.

ianrush

TIA Squad Member
what we are witnessing is a manager out of ideas. kloppo doesn't know how to fix our porous defense. :-(

indianaredman96

now you're gonna believe us
on the bright side .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................fuck i got nothing

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Excellent point from Henry. On the third goal the ball is going well wide. All Mignolet has to do is tell Matip to leave it and it sails out. Not a fucking peep.

Get Ward in now. Like with Gomez over Lovren, you might get mistakes, but at least these lads might learn from them.

If I was Ward, I'm knocking on Klopp's door on Tuesday morning demanding to know exactly what I need to do to get a fucking start above these clowns.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
Hendo, Milner and Can were horrid today. Matip and Lovren simply not good today. They were exposed time after time by the midfield.

Upgrades needed.....

Not all soon and gloom, but upgrades are needed.
yeah people want to bash Gini in the midfield at times but what they never see is he that he is our biggest engine and most pacey midfielder box to box.. without him.. spurs blew right past our midfield all game today.

Maria

Ok, any ideas where we go from here and patch up our defence till January?

kwala

TIA Regular
Not buying a better keeper or defenders will cost Klopp his job inside the next year. You just can't coach brains into morons. Klopp needs to be a bit more of a cunt like Mourinho or Pep. Just bin the shite off. No fucking room for more loyalty to our back line. They have had 2, 3 or 4 seasons and are still shit. Thinking he can polish shite will see Klopp getting sacked. I

Fullmetal

Jedi Knight
Ist goal: Lovren, Matip, Mignolet and Gomez(Keeping Kane onside)
2nd goal: Lovren, Mignolet (Ball went under his arm)
3rd goal: Mignolet, Can
4th goal: Mignolet

Notice a pattern...other than the defence being shit

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
Agreed, while I am no fan of Wijnaldum, but those three cannot feature together. One of them has to sit out for Wijnaldum, and Can would play better with Milner and Wijnaldum if he sits back as defensive mid. Too static if we play with those 3 together.
Another mistake by Klopp, he had to play Milner after his good display, Henderson should have been sacrificed not Gini.
well, he is learning. It may take few years but he is getting good lessons

mikodelniko13

we keep talking about next year and next year we talk about the next year , this year we had a unique chance champion league football we had opportunity to go and buy 4-6 players spend big and move forward instead we bought a player who is playing in germany , not one centre back , no DM , and no striker and now what wait til[ mane and lallana are back then what will we stop conceding goals ?? we still need to score 3-4 to win a match
top 4 this year is mission impossible

NYRhockey

Disappointing result mainly thanks to Lovren but if we don’t fuck up on that 3rd goal I really think we would have at least come back for a point.

I’ve liked Lovren and thought sometimes got a rough deal from fans and media but today was embarrassing and his time here is probably over. For any coach to take his cb out at 30m is a huge sign.

That said, the clown show is starting and the dumpster fire will be in full force so time to go and enjoy this otherwise beautiful afternoon

Ron Swanson

January window is becoming more crucial by the week, we were 2nd best across the park it is easy to pin point Lovren and to be fair the lad isn't doing anything to defend himself either but if we finally bring in some CB plus we have Lallana coming back who we have missed massively as like Gini has a massive engine and need that energy in midfield against teams like Spurs, plus Clyne will be coming back, we will get better we are only 3 points off 5th, 9 games gone still 29 to play a long long way to go yet.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
I'm in agreement with Mascot's post up the page. Lovren is done, exclude him from the squad until we can get rid. Bring in Gomez, bring in Ward, they could hardly do worse than the current guys and may actually learn with experience. That means TAA at RB, I guess, until Clyne is back. Fine. I'd personally switch Moreno out for Robertson as well, Moreno hasn't been a disaster, it's true, but I think Robertson offers better defensive solidity and is no slouch going forward either.

VVD in Jan, if he's still off the table then get someone else in.

Seen it all

A Realist is a Pessimist with Experiance!
Well we could break Dejan Lovren Leg, just to make sure he doesn't play for us again! Plus as a warning to the other "defenders" . :tongue:lol

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
I hope that Ward is in goal. I don’t really trust Gomez at cb yet, but I guess he can’t be too much more inconsistent than Lovren or Klavan.

The way we have managed the January window in previous seasons - despite clear and obvious needs - makes it hard for me to believe that we will actually get anything done.

I hate to say it, but I think this is the team for the entire season.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Gomez and Matip and I would start giving Robertson some time, need to be more shut up at the back.

Ward should get game time too, Mignolet shouldn’t be coming out that far for a cross in my view and personally I wouldn’t with players coming across run out that far to Kane on the first either.

There needs to be changes and what he sees in training isn’t what is on the pitch I feel.

The only silver lining is the fact of who we have played but dropping points against the clubs below us last season has to stop, if we had won the games against Burnley, Watford and Newcastle today would feel bad but not as bad.

IndredCold

I actually think we didn't play that badly...We were certainly vibrant and full of endevour when we had the ball. But when your team is fundamentally flawed, you are going to get brutally exposed against an attack that good.
If Klopp actually showed signs that he is aware of that gaping hole we have in the defense and willingness to do something (anything) different, I'd be willing to give him a benefit of the doubt and until next season to sort it all out. As things stand, I can see things getting much worse before they get any better.
We are one Vardy penalty miss away from zero wins in 6 league games. Think about that!

Bambii

TIA Reserve Team
Ist goal: Lovren, Matip, Mignolet and Gomez(Keeping Kane onside)
2nd goal: Lovren, Mignolet (Ball went under his arm)
3rd goal: Mignolet, Can
4th goal: Mignolet

Notice a pattern...other than the defence being shit
Think Matip at fault just as much as anyone. If Lovren headed it to Ali he would get lynched. So why doesn’t Matip get blamed? But Mig , Lovren and Matip aren’t good enough.

Maria

I think Lovren has lost his confidence. I feel abit sorry for him or any of our players who don't play well.
I understand the sentiments here that he/they need to be rested or perhaps moved on though.
I can't understand how we did well last year and now nose-dived so early on in this season.