• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Stoke 3 Liverpool 5

OOTer

TIA New Signing
Fu*k you jinx. Well happy with that. Are we the most entertaining team to watch this season?

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
John Henry was watching since he commented on twitter. Hopefully he will get some bloody defenders in pronto.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
That game did not calm my DT's this morning. Feel better with a W tho

gb1986

Happy with the win, disappointed with some of the vitriol despite 45 minutes of the match being left to play.

Really happy to have Sturridge back, absolutely massive for us.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Best part of that was watching it with you guys.....classic
Crazy - like a weekend in tjuana - had to remember it all or feel anything but vaguely dirty

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
what a fucking match!

best strike partnership in europe!

wb Sturridge.... I miss that dance!

and 22 goals in 15 games for Suarez.. just crazy!

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Unbelievable game. Our defence gave us heart failure but our attack is just amazing. So great to see SAS linking up as if there had never been a break. I honestly thought we'd never blow that lead 3 times and on all 3 occasions we could have but i always had faith we could score more again. Loved how SG played as DM though, he must have had close to 10 interceptions in that game.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Absolute cr*p midfield performance from us. Our strikers had a good day though, and Lady Luck beamingly smiled at us today...

Credit to Stoke for an incredible performance. They deserved to win today. Hadn't it been for a lucky deflection, Suarez' class, the ref bottling it on that pen decision (fortunately in our favour this time!), and Sturridge making the difference on the night, they'd have utterly destroyed us.

Back in the top four, but hell... we'll not stay in there long if we can't defend better, and control the game a bit better. This was very disappointing, especially from our midfield trio.

Edit: probably a very entertaining game for a neutral football fan, but give me a good composed 2-0 over that crazy sh*t all day long...

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Game of the season so far. Unbelievable game. A real boxing match. So many flaws in our team but fuck it, sometimes you just have to enjoy it for the entertainment that it's supposed to be. Absolutely fantastic.

Thank god for 'SSS'. Besides them most of the team were sloppy (although Mignolet did redeem himself with some great saves). We really need to sort out our defending if we are serious about finishing in the top 4.

Having said that very happy with the even (even if we might not have fully deserved it). 3 points at a tough ground and our first ever win against Stoke away since their return to the premier league! :)

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
BostonMick said:
Best part of that was watching it with you guys.....classic
Crazy - like a weekend in tjuana - had to remember it all or feel anything but vaguely dirty
Feels like that though for me.... way too much to drink now.

NIDINGR

Death by heavy metal.
Twat of a game that.

Looking back on it now though, for them to let 5 in at the Shittania is some achievement from us.

Once Sakho, Allen and Agger are back we should make easier work of games like this. (oh and Flanno too, Aly did well today but looked fucked.)

t34m43

Great game for neutral, full of errors for Rodgers to digest, however credit to Stoke they never stopped and the Britannia is a very combative atmosphere, 3 pts back in 4th onto Villa.

OhYaBeauty

redalways said:
Anybody else saw the celebration between Suarez and Sturridge? Methinks the one who missed Sturridge the most was Suarez... Serious bromance right there.
Yeah, but that surprised me, honestly. I didn't think those two cared much for each other. Obviously as professionals they want the team to do well but they've never seemed too terribly close.

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
If we can straighten out the back and stop leaking goals we can start thinking CL, but until that time we are walking a razors edge between winning 5-3 or losing 2-4.

January dreaming.....

Joe90

A Dalglish and a Rush and the Cup is ours
Phew! Remember two things though. 1) last year that would have been a draw. We dropped about 18 points due to draws. 2) utd were praised last year for being dreadful but still managing to scrape wins by one goal. That was two goals. We should be happy our team can get back and score. Time to move on to the next game.

shootscore

Luck seriously ridden. 3 points is 3 points. Great entertainment, and well done Stoke for never giving up. But we have serious attacking quality, for sure!

kone

TIA Squad Member
Mascot88 said:
Fuck me. That took 5 years off my life.
you and me both!

Happy with the win, especially after stoke got their tails up at 2-2. Going forward we are deadly, at the back we are so very poor. None of the back 4 were solid but Cissokho is definitely not covering himself in glory.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
RaoulDuke said:
Good to have sturridge back. Now we have two goal scoring machines.
I believe we wouldn't have lost vs city and cfc with both of them.

Incredible that sturridge hasn't lost his form twice this season after injuries.
I think you're right
lack of finishing cost us against City and Chelsea - DS could have been the difference
his goal today was such a testament to his tenacity and skill