• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH Thread: Liverpool 1-2 Man Utd

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
Gutted we lost, some great performances, some strange decisions and some good ones from the ref. We deserved more. But we can take positives.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Mark Halsey vs LFC 1-2

Up to you, gals and lads, but try to keep it civil.

Artrain

Bloody proud of the way team played today.

P.S. Sorry AnfieldCat and OhYaBeauty, couldn't miss the biggest fixture of the season.

tamir_m

TIA Reserve Team
That referee should never get work in the PL again. what a disgrace.

Ferguson should be ashamed of his team of divers...

Aldini98

TIA Regular
Ref was shit. Suso did well. Players injured. That little Brazilian shit scored.

Not a good day.

JFT 96

malik79

TIA Reserve Team
so much for 'being Livepool"..bottom of the table yet?

It is going to get worse without Agger, Kelly and Enrique.

Colin

TIA First Team
I just don't know anymore guys.

Honestly, I'm an honest football supporter above all else.

LFC just cannot catch a break. I'm not one for hard-luck stories or blaming refs, but where does this all stop?

And 5 minutes of extra time? What genius cacluated that?

2 points from 5 games.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
For anyone who still thinks Shelvey was right to be sent off, and that it was a two footed lunge;

Wrong player got sent off. Had Shelvey's leg not been off the ground it would have been shawcross vs ramsey part 2. Shelvey didn't even go in with his studs showing, it was the side of his foot.

Awful, awful refereeing.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
Worst refereeing performance I've seen. Jonjo kind of asked for it a bit, but evans and RVP could equally be off.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Bloody proud of the way team played today.

P.S. Sorry AnfieldCat and OhYaBeauty, couldn't miss the biggest fixture of the season.
OMG, it was you jinxing it again!!!!! :D

Seriously though I have never felt so flat after a match, maybe Jonjo was naive but that twat Evans should have gone too and RVP, they get a soft penalty, what was the point of us turning up, Man U should just get gifted points beforehand, we all know they are going to get all 3 whilst playing like garbage!

I will be supporting Man City passionately for the rest of the season apart from when we play them, anything to stop this heap of TRASH getting the league!

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Well, very proud of the players, played their hearts out today and were still the better team when we had 10 against 11. Injuries made this a bad day but the refs performance has to have you wondering about them deciding this game was Utds before it even kicked off. I could see how he could have given the sending off but to not give the same to at least 2 of Utds players for the same offense is attrocious, the penalty decision he had a clear view of and was even worse.

All told this was one of the most unfair results i have seen for many a year. Bad decisions, terrible reffing and i still enjoyed seeing us play. Hope Halsey gets demoted and we don't see him ref in this fixture ever again.

scouseheadross

Septical
2-1 to the ref. Well done Shelvey for having a go at Baconchops on his way off. He got the ball ffs and was no more two footed than Evans, he just wanted it more.

Good perfomance, bad result - how many more times?

Fear Agger's leg is broken from the way he couldn't move it onto the stretcher without holding it. Kelly might have done some serious knee damage with that twist, so loads of bad news just when we don't need it. Maybe Andre Wisdom can come in and deliver.

Positives - Suso was decent, Sterling bright, still battling to create chances with only 9 men on the pitch.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
It's wonderful.
It's emotional.
It's a breath-taking performance.
It's an evolution and a revolution.

But the way we are going about it, may set us back worse than ever before.

Our club's new management, if we don't quickly get them a mentor, may unintentionally cement us a low tier team.

NZred

The Red From NZ
We played well and deserved the win. Ref was a cunt and should be dropped, but because it was United you can guarantee nothing will come of it.

Suarez again for me just doesn't offer enough in front of goal. Borini great movement and so wasteful when played in.

Defense, well you just wait for someone to fkc up don't you.

Ref was a cunt.

Sterling offered plenty. Thought Suso slotted in seamlessly.

Ref was a cunt.

Can't argue with the subs, thought they were made at the right time and showed the right intent.

Ref was a cunt.

Can't blame the result on the players or Rodgers tactics/selections.

Did I mention the ref was a cunt?

mr mustard

TIA Reserve Team
Parody of a ref.

Agger injured.

Kelly injured.

Shelvey suspended.

Worst match ever.

Maybe we should focus on Europe instead. At least we're given a fair shot in that competition.

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
wont blame rodgers wont blame the players... ref wa shit... and so was shelvey... m more concerned with injuries to agger n kelly n now even borini!

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Liverpool were by far the better team today.
New faces looking great. Suso terrific.
New striker(s) up front in January will complete the picture.
Biggest concern is short-term - the players lost to injury and suspension will make this a long long grind until January.

Red Sioux

TIA Youth Team
The referee gifted man u the win.. He should not be allowed to officiate this type of game again... Ever..

Proud of the team. Even with 10 men we were clearly the better team. What can be said when the referee influcnce the result.

Hope in your heart

Admin
Sky Sports just showing that Suarez should have a penalty. Another blatant error to add to the already long list...

boogieonalice

TIA Regular
Fantastic effort by our remaining 10 men. Even a man down, outplayed them for the majority of the game. There were stretches where I even forgot they had the advantage. Credit to BR to push push push and insist on the result, and credit to the boys for running their asses off.

Horrible luck with injuries & wrong calls today... everything went against us, no question. Hypocritical sending offs & shameless dives. That said, i can't remember losing a player in the first half & playing that confidently, aggressive and determined the rest of the match.

My hat's off to the Reds. Thank you for fighting for us.

scouseheadross

Septical
Not saying it wasn't a horrible call, but I just feel like it was a position Shelvey shouldn't have put himself in.
If he hadn't lunged for that ball he'd have had 40,000 people on his back, along with his manager and team mates. Pressing high and hard is what we do and Shelvey was doing it really well.

Ferguson and Halsey had to do something as we were running away with it in the first half.

Toro

Florida Red
Garbage officiating cost us the match. Simple as that.

Sometimes, we're going to get breaks and benefit from garbage calls that go our way. However, today, Halsey made two critically poor decisions that shouldn't be called in the PL. I hope the FA calls him to the carpet.

alaskared

Kloppite
It is rare that I wake up at 4:30 am to watch us lose and still feel somewhat satisfied.
The red card was harsh, a yellow for each would have been fair. Very soft penalty.
Suarez deserved a penalty, every time he makes too much of it he gets denied.
We dominated at 11 men and still kept pushing with 10.
Kelly looked like he did in his lateral collateral ligamnet, not good.
Agger looked like a bad injury also.
Our chance of scoring disappeared when sterling went off( or Hendo came on).
Sterling has obviously been told to just pass to Suarez, that needs to change,, time for him to start taking his chances.
Heads held high. Gutted but maintain hope.

Alex

since 2004
For anyone who still thinks Shelvey was right to be sent off, and that it was a two footed lunge;

Wrong player got sent off. Had Shelvey's leg not been off the ground it would have been shawcross vs ramsey part 2. Shelvey didn't even go in with his studs showing, it was the side of his foot.

Awful, awful refereeing.

this is from the same angle that the ref saw

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I feel cheated that was excellent even the defending looked assured bar the penalty hope Coates comes in

Hope in your heart

Admin
Garbage officiating cost us the match. Simple as that.

Sometimes, we're going to get breaks and benefit from garbage calls that go our way. However, today, Halsey made three critically poor decisions that shouldn't be called in the PL. I hope the FA calls him to the carpet.
Fixed it for you!

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Too often we say the referee ruined the game, but today he actually did. The red card was fair enough, but there's absolutely no way that was a penalty. Piss poor call.

Really proud of our boys. Completely dominated the first half, and started the second half like we finished the first after Jonjo got sent off. Pity we couldn't hold them off a little longer, but I expected it. This is what ManU do, and have done for fifteen years.

Credit to Rodgers for giving Suso the chance in the second half, and also for making the right tactical adjustments.

All in all, much improvement on the defensive side of our game, and we played some good football. Heartbreaking result because of the way it happened, but a very encouraging performance.