• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH Thread: Liverpool 1-2 Man Utd

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I'm going out for a walk. I'll probably have more to say later, buy for now I just hope that cunt Halsey never comes near another one of our fixtures.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Ref isn't corrupt, he had an off day

This sort of thing can plague struggling teams, and we are in a bit of trouble now

Some managers are lucky, but it's not looking like Brendan is one of those. It's sad because he was brave with his selections and subs and we haven't got the sort of squad that will cope too well with injuries

In a bad situation for me. Can't get results. In the end once all the ranting at the ref has stopped, the penny regarding us having sod all up top will drop eventually

kwala

TIA Regular
I am much more positive about this performance than Thursdays 5-3 win. Top Performance from the team. We Dominated United. We should have been out of sight at HT. Still clearly Lacking a CF and some cutting edge, but we were 100% in control of that game til United started time wasting not needing to attack late on.

The Referee should be banned from Reffing after that display.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Just to think that at the start of the game I was thinking 'Oh good. At least we've got a decent ref this time'.

Medals all round to the whole team. Not a weak link amongst them. Having said that, we better get at least six points from our next three league games or we really will be fucked.

icemanwan

TIA Youth Team
Had it been 11 v 11, we would have gone on and win. Utd nowhere near their strength without Rooney. We were dominating the game and even scored with 10 men on the pitch. Stevie G MOTM (never a doubt of his inclusion in team), quality goal and passes into dangerous areas. Unlucky for Shelvey who did ever so well in Europa L. The equalizer was a wonder goal but ye just have to think whether Rafael would have had the chance (acres of space) had Shelvey not been sent off.

Disgraceful decisions, if that was a red, then so should other tackles especially by RVP. As for the penalty, no contact at all - get yer eyes checked please. Unfortunately it is the result that matters. More dropped points at home. Proud of our players tho, they gave it their all and deserve more, where is the justice sometimes....

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
I agree with that.
But if i were the manager, i would tell my lads, "look fellas,we wont win vs utd, because of ref" lets concentrate on the remaining 36 games.
Well there's only 33 left.

Norwich, Stoke and Reading our next 3 games.

We should be winning all 3 really, 2 and a draw at the least. Anything less than that and I'll start worrying massively.

jimbo

TIA Regular
great performance, Gerrard was brilliant.

i blame the loss on FSG

BR squad looks so thin, the thinest i have seen in watching the reds for 30 years. He had no options.

We can talk about the ref, Fergie but we are sitting bottom 3!! We need a goal scorer as we had lots of chances.

Back the manager or sell the club

SGM

TIA Legend
Brendan needs to create an "us against the world" mentality for the next game and the rest of the season. We deserved so much more. Everybody frustrated.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I don't think there will be any kick-starting to follow. Doubt will begin to creep in the players' minds, as always when you find yourself tied to the bottom of the league. We are only one single, maybe two matches away from a big scale implosion. That next game against West Brom, and even more, the next league game away at Norwich will be utterly crucial.

A loss (very much a possibility after WBA spanked us early in the season), followed by an insufficient result at Norwich will see the doors of hell open up for us... very much looking towards it...

Barnestormer

Left wing.
I'm outraged again by this fixture........goes against us more often than not, and again its because of the officials.

In a game that followed 'Justice' emblazoned throughout the ground..........an utter insult by the body responsible for fairness in the game.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
On the postive note, i am super excited by the number of players breaking through.
sterling, jonjo,kelly,suso,allen--> all blueprints for success in future for the club.
But at the moment, i am shit scared of survival, we have to improve the results. We have go bonkers and spend on a quality CF or else are fucked, and i mean fucked really hard.

I hope it was something extremely offensive!
Last thing we want is for jonjo to be banned 8 games because he called fungus alex and not sir alex.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I'm starting to feel like we're cursed or something.

Nothing really to add to what everyone else has said, except to say I'm gutted at the level of incompetence and inconsistency shown by the officials today.

stip80

TIA Youth Team
EPL refereeing has been such a disgrace. There are too many times, bad decision ends up costing a game and the refs got away with no consequences.

I think its time that FA implements video replay on those critical decisions. Or, if they still stubbornly refuse it, the refs have to take some responsibility on those bad calls, where some independent panel would impose hefty fine (say 2-4 weeks salary) on those referees deemed to make bad calls based on video replay after match. We need either one of these or otherwise these mistakes would never stop and costing game for the victim.

ps: the after-match-video-replay can also be used to penalized divers if his dive wasnt seen by the ref.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
EPL refereeing has been such a disgrace. There are too many times, bad decision ends up costing a game and the refs got away with no consequences.

I think its time that FA implements video replay on those critical decisions. Or, if they still stubbornly refuse it, the refs have to take some responsibility on those bad calls, where some independent panel would impose hefty fine (say 2-4 weeks salary) on those referees deemed to make bad calls based on video replay after match. We need either one of these or otherwise these mistakes would never stop and costing game for the victim.

ps: the after-match-video-replay can also be used to penalized divers if his dive wasnt seen by the ref.
There is absolutely no chance Valencia will get penalised for that, even though it was clear as day.

Anyone think we'll appeal Shelvey's red?
No, he'll only get another game added on. We'll just put Sahin in instead I think.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I just don't know anymore guys.

Honestly, I'm an honest football supporter above all else.

LFC just cannot catch a break. I'm not one for hard-luck stories or blaming refs, but where does this all stop?

And 5 minutes of extra time? What genius cacluated that?

2 points from 5 games.
Pretty much how i feel. When does it stop ? Will it stop ?

Whatever happens in a match the result is always negative for us. With 10 players we dominated their 12, created far more and we've got nothing to show for it. That little twat Rafael, he wouldn't manage to score from that position with a left curler 999 out of 1000 times. And to add insult to injury we lost to probably long term injuries Kelly, Agger and possibly Borini as well.

Is this some kind of a practical joke ? Because i just can't accept anymore how everything goes always against us.

As for that cunt Halsey, he outdid Webb and that's saying a lot. His intentions were crystal clear right from the kick off.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
great performance, Gerrard was brilliant.

i blame the loss on FSG

BR squad looks so thin, the thinest i have seen in watching the reds for 30 years. He had no options.

We can talk about the ref, Fergie but we are sitting bottom 3!! We need a goal scorer as we had lots of chances.

Back the manager or sell the club
Really? FSG lost us the game?

They have plenty of blame to take, but this is just over the top thinking.

FSG did not give the ball away in possession to create the counter that created the penalty. Nope.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Well well, I was expecting bad things to be said about the result but not to the degree of us being a championship side next season.

How many times have we had decisions, sending offs and penalties given to us unjustly? Just as many times as everyone else. If this didn't happen, we would not have the game of football. Pub talk would be as rare as rocking horseshit.

this will be talked about for the next couple of days across the media but it won't change the result. Let's man up, get over it and get behind a team that is playing well and has just finished what I feel was one of the most difficult opening run of games in prem history.

We knew that it was going to be hard and that it will be a few seasons of heartache before we are back in the bigtime, so let's support our team shall we. That's what we are here for. We are the best at it, in the world.

As for the significance of today, the media is buzzing with the news of the disgraceful chanting of the away fans. We don't need to prove anything to anyone.

YNWA.

Kop13

TIA New Signing
Anyone think we'll appeal Shelvey's red?
We should and while we are at it make a complaint to the FA about the referees. This wasn't the first time and it's happening more and more often.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Rat face said we were robbed. And when he says that you wonder what is actually happeing to this mortal world.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
If you add in the Hillsborough cover-ups and the secret government documents released showing that Thatcher wanted to leave Liverpool to rot, there's plenty of room for conspiracy there.

The consistently pro-ManU refereeing is because they're all terrified of Ferguson which the FA pander to. But the PL have got to be seen to be fair and take action or it devalues the whole league and 'brand'.

Really pleased to see Shelvey say exactly the same thing to Fergusons face - unfortunately too few grown men have the balls to.
Shelvey is a really good boy, and we'll take much pleasure from him during the coming years. He has been harshly done by today, but that's something he'll only learn from, although I can't blame him one bit for what he has done today. The only thing is that he should have done similarly to Evans: rolling around and doing like if he had a broken leg. Maybe that would have saved him his day.

But on the other hand, this ref was so obviously biased and so obviously wanted to hurt LFC today that it probably wouldn't have made any difference...

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
The reason I keep asking for help for our management is not because they are not technically brilliant. It's how we set-up for big games and how we prepare the players.

The few derby games each season are usually won marginally, iike today's 1-2.

They must be treated like cup finals. Unless you are Barca and have all the talent in the midfield to score for fun.

So yes, I'm suggesting that 4-5-1 should be our starting plan in tough matches.

We should have defended first. And we should have not allowed our heads to go so overly excited about the revolution like 2 of our best, in Shelvey and Agger, did today.

Like against Arsenal we played like a newly promoted team that's ready to die for the cause and if crap happens, so be it, we are not a big club.

That's why I'm concerned about our short-term. As we build our team for the long term, we must ensure we keep getting results and not become such a "joy to watch that never wins". Cause if we do, our own players and staff will subconsciously treat losing as the norm.

Oh, and the refs and all our opponents will treat us like this too.

Expert help for our new management is needed quickly.