POST MATCH THREAD: NORWICH 2-5 LIVERPOOL

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Here is my deeply thought-out match analysis: WOOHOO!!! :cheers:

(couldn't see the match, but have apparently missed something!)

BrianLfc10

TIA New Signing
Notice how it's not the entire defences fault for us conceeding goals though. The defence seems shakey at times, this is true. But it's always an individual error (Skertl with a schoolboy mistake today, Reina with a horrifying attempt of catching/saving a shot).

Can't help but feel if every member of the defence was as disciplined in their roles as the rest of the team seems to be, we wouldn't be leaking goals like we have been. 12 goals from 3 games sounds amazing until you hear you also conceeded 5 in 3 as well.

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
Pepe Reina is quite a character to be fair., read this:

"Suddenly, the bartender turned up and said: 'The club doctor, medical staff and manager have made it clear to me they do not want you to have a beer.' I still don't know why this was the case but whatever the reason, I was fuming. I grabbed my bags and stormed off to my room without even having dinner. That is how upset I was.
"For me, Rafa was in the wrong. It suggests the manager does not trust you to look after yourself in the right way. He saw it differently and, if he has a small weakness as a manager, it is that he did not have a massive career as a player before he moved into management."
The underline part really underscore his character and hint at how he will react if benched. It's all about man management at times and he would have no complains if he can't pick up his game after some games and then got benched. Question is after how many games? BR has the ball in his court on this one :-)

For me I think he might come good again

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Great to see, let's hope the lads can go on with it now.

Defence is a worry at the minute, we are conceding too many, needs to be tightened up and wtf is going on with Pepe.

Suarez awesome,very pleased to see he just got on with it after that woeful penalty decision and another hat trick, Yaaaay!

Sahin is looking like he'll be something else for us, hope he'll stay.

Nice to see we seem to have finally got some wingers, not before time.

morana

TIA Youth Team
Wisdom Sahin suso were class today and obs Suarez.Would liked to see Assaidi for Sterling rather than Suso.

Suarez was better just playing up front in and about the centre I know he moved a bit more in the 2nd half but the game was won.
The ref has got to be embarrassed by that decision.

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
My first post in years and away from the subject. I was wondering if a petition to investigate any of the elements involving the referees, the FA and Manchester UTD can be created and passed around among other club forums. After so many years involved with different people from different clubs, the majority are certain that something wrong is going on. I just can't believe there has not been a journalist, lawyer or any other entity that has looked into it. This should not be a Liverpool 'thing' but a colaboration all all clubs and fans. We clearly see weekend and week-out the blatant calls, the aweful decisions by the FA and the clear favortisims towards certain clubs. We also see the unofficial 'banned' against players and managers from talking about the subject. I believe a petition may be something to look in to. After all, the FA cannot punish the masses. Just an idea.
First post and starting a revolution eh? Good one mate ;-)

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Bit too much criticism of Reina going on.

Trouble is for a keeper, no one will remember the good work - just the mistakes.

I acknowledge he needs to improve his form - but some perspective is needed.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
I expect Assaidi to take Sterling's spot in the PL XI now that he's fit. He + Suárez will be exciting to watch.
I think you are absolutely correct on this. Sterling will start EL and Cup matches, and be an impact sub for the PL. Assaidi seems to have a collection of dribbling moves that can beat defenders 1-on-1, as well as a penchant for working the middle of the final third.

This is a front three that will cause lots of panic to defenders the remainder of the campaign:

Suarez-Borini-Assaidi

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Pity Borini didn't come on, might have been the perfect game for him to get some confidence!

LFC7NH

So happy Suarez was able to stick it to the pitiful Norwich fans today. Hope they get relegated.

YaNi

TIA Youth Team
Is there something about the barca tactical system that prevents having a solid defense? I've been thinking about it and we have been very shaky in defense since fully adopting this style. Barca have never had a very solid defense. They've just come to accept it and figure the longer they maintain possession the less chances their opponents have to score.

Suso had some great passes, but he needs to play in the middle ala Mata or Silva to take advantage of his vision and creativity. Our attacking wide players are playing as pure wingers and Suso doesn't fit that roll. He's much better when he comes infield and links up rather than taking on players like Sterling.

Overall a promising attacking display. Atleast we know we can put the ball in the back of the net during a league match. I'm not concerned with our defense if we continue to get 3 points.

Alex

since 2004
i feel sorry for the ref. he'll get bullied by his colleagues at the next party. the best he could do was to refuse a penalty. no yellow card, no red cards... poor guy

LFC7NH

Wonder what it's going to take for Suarez to be awarded a penalty...

Fair play to him for not even complaining about this horrible no call.

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Both keeper had one error each, WBA goal and that ridiculous clearance from Pepe. So kinda hard to pick Jones before Pepe since we know what this keeper can do for us.
Eddie mate, did you not know that Olsson literally punched Jones in the face as he went up for the header when Jones 'dropped' the ball? There was a bloody good reason for him dropping it! Another decision that didn't go our way.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Going to jump in and defend Reina.

He actually played pretty well today, made a couple of good stops and his distribution was better than it has been. For their goal, it takes a slight deflection on the way through to him which causes him to slightly lose the flight of the ball, all he could do was put his body behind it.

He's made a few errors this season but I don't think it was a particularly poor piece of goalkeeping today.

LFC7NH

Going to jump in and defend Reina.

He actually played pretty well today, made a couple of good stops and his distribution was better than it has been. For their goal, it takes a slight deflection on the way through to him which causes him to slightly lose the flight of the ball, all he could do was put his body behind it.

He's made a few errors this season but I don't think it was a particularly poor piece of goalkeeping today.
Agree with you here, made a great stop early on in the game when he slid across the goal and made the knee save at the near post and also a great save on the deflected (albeit offsides) shot where he was going the wrong way but managed to recover and push it wide. Pure instinct on that.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Nuri Sahin looks pretty useful in the AM role. Replaced a bit of what we lost with Meireles in the last couple of games

Suarez will also win matches periodically

Best thing was the team not letting another poor refereeing decision get them down. Can see a slight upturn in attitude as a result of a more merit based selection policy being operated along with fresh faces from the youth ranks. Sterling I thought he grew after a quiet first half. Showed persistence beyond his years and no little game intelligence

Could really do with keeping Sahin fit and of possible buying him at the end of the season. He's a level above guff like this. Sort of player we haven't signed since Torres left in terms of quality. It's not wholly uncoincidental IMO but a loan is better than nothing

Defence though still not up to scratch. Perhaps a shortcoming thus far of BR. It's too panicky. Need to sort that out

But nice to be out of the relegation zone finally. Next 2 home games we need wins in as well though. Then we may start to build a little head of steam up

Reds

TIA Youth Team
Our first win in the premier league and a hat trick for Suarez, okay Norwich were shit but a win is a win, our defence was a bit sloppy at times but over all a great performance by our lads, the new comers have done us proud, I think Downing and Henderson are no longer first team players, the future is red the BR revolution already started.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Suso and Wisdom fitted in so perfectly.Sahin looks technically so correct.
Hope Suarez builds on this.Gerrard is finally getting more and more comfortable to this style.

But lastly, the coming transfer window I will finally stop dreaming about Xabi's return.
Joe Allen is an underrated beauty.His ability to win the balls without actually putting in crunching tackles is brilliant.Adding to his passing and ability in maintaining possession.

Reina had a decent game but could have still done without that horror.

BrianLfc10

TIA New Signing
Nuri Sahin looks pretty useful in the AM role. Replaced a bit of what we lost with Meireles in the last couple of games

Suarez will also win matches periodically

Best thing was the team not letting another poor refereeing decision get them down. Can see a slight upturn in attitude as a result of a more merit based selection policy being operated along with fresh faces from the youth ranks. Sterling I thought he grew after a quiet first half. Showed persistence beyond his years and no little game intelligence

Could really do with keeping Sahin fit and of possible buying him at the end of the season. He's a level above guff like this. Sort of player we haven't signed since Torres left in terms of quality. It's not wholly uncoincidental IMO but a loan is better than nothing

Defence though still not up to scratch. Perhaps a shortcoming thus far of BR. It's too panicky. Need to sort that out

But nice to be out of the relegation zone finally. Next 2 home games we need wins in as well though. Then we may start to build a little head of steam up
So glad we didn't get Siggurdson and got this lad (all be it on loan) instead. He is such a more polished and experienced version of Siggurdson.

Ataturk

★★★★★
We were a joy to watch today. Passed them to death and finally some end product! The future looks very bright for this club with the players coming through, Guardiola was right!! B)

OhYaBeauty

So glad we didn't get Siggurdson and got this lad (all be it on loan) instead. He is such a more polished and experienced version of Siggurdson.
Sahin is on a whole different level to Sigurdsson. Sigurdsson is a decent AM who has a bit of potential. Sahin is a talented CM who can play as a DM, CM, and AM, has loads of potential and an amazing first touch and more importantly has a smart footballing brain. I can see Sigurdsson shaping up to be a Mikel Arteta quality player, but Sahin can be a Xabi, maybe better.

T.C.B

Feel a bit of relief if Im honest. Thank god the monkeys off our back and finally a win on the board. What a pleasure to watch Swarez at his best...simply a top top player. If we had gotten him when torres was at his best we would have won it.
Just love watching Suso play. I keep saying that Sahin is world class and if we can add him permanently to Lucas, Allen, Shelvey and Suso we will be set in central midfield for years. It will also maybe mean we wont suffer such a big loss when Stevie retires.
Raheem looked a bit tired today. I would start Assaidi next game.
Pepe did well today bar the one mistake. Problem is he seems to have one fatal blunder almost every other game. This season could be his last between our posts.
I still think we lack real pace and a proven goalscorer but nobody can deny that progress has been made by Brendan.

Gears

TIA Regular
I was getting annoyed anytime Allen won/picked up the ball deep, only for gerrard come come 2 yards besides him to demand the ball when he should make a run so he can be the outlet.

Gerrard needs to understand he is no longer the lynchpin.

Gears

TIA Regular
Gears not sure I see the link to the post match thread with the Pepe autobiography...maybe better in the player's thread.

You implying there's something again brewing in our defense?
It was a direct reply to his Pepe Reina post.

I'm not implying something is brewing, just that the instructions given by Rafa to the back line worked well for a team that is largely based on his signings and coaching.

It looks as though the younger players like Kelly, Robinson, Wisdom and Coates will easily adjust to Rodgers instructions since they are younger and don't really have any old ways of doing things from a previous regime. Reina is the second oldest of our backline bar Carragher, so I hope Rodgers can play to his strengths instead of looking at other younger keepers.

trygve76

TIA New Signing
Five goals away from home is a real achievement at any ground in the PL. Sadly didn't get to see this one (I was at the Lillestrøm-Viking here in Norway), but good to finally get off the mark.

mappen1977

TIA Reserve Team
At the end of the day we won and in great fashion too. How many passes were played in Gerrards goal? I am aware of defensive mistakes but as long as we can score more, happy days we will get over it. Slowly but surely were on the right road.