• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match thread: Swansea 2 Liverpool 2

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Ok. We were going to drop a point at some stage. Play nice...

sanjay_sai_rpt

Klopp the shit outta every team!
I feel good... Last few seasons, we would have lost 1-3 with suhc a performance... atleast we are drawing when we play bad instead of losing...

jabu

TIA New Signing
our midfield was really really bad and we didnt have much options... our defence will be fine once we get everyone back, jus worried about midfield, it was really really bad... good point though

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
One of those draws that feels like a loss, and shows the Jekyll and Hyde style of our team.

The most frustrating thing in the entire match was the last 10-15mins where we really showed how weak our mentality is. Getting dominated and hoping for a draw instead of putting constant pressure on the opposition and trying to go for the win. Still a lot of progress to be made. Just hope Coutinho is ok otherwise I will be really worried come the Southamptom game.

sanjay_sai_rpt

and Sakho will be a very important player for us soon... he hasnt gotten used to the pace of the game and thats why the unnecessary lunges; but his interceptions and tackles have been top class today...

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
Our luck continues! we were literally dead for most of the second half.... i think we are coming with a strategy... defend the lead and not attack..
any news on coutinho?

astaire66

Must admit I thought this would be a difficult game,scary 2nd half listening on the radio.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Probably the right result, although Swansea looked far superior to us during the second half, especially from the moment we lost Coutinho, and thus our link between midfield and attack. From that moment, they were all over us, and made us look quite ordinary.

All in all a shaky defensive performance (not surprising given our backline had to be reshuffled because of injuries) in which we managed to take away a point. Can't complain too much about this result...

MoM Jonjo Shelvey who else?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
kwala said:
We only play for 45 minutes each week. Perhaps the players should get 50% pay? Fucking stupid inviting any side on 2nd half like that.
We drew a game at the Liberty. That isn't a bad result.

It's a bit worrying how we lacked cohesion in possession in the second half, but I'm still happy to be top of the league.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
That was a shameful showing by our midfield. They really need to get Ilori trained up as a CM to replace SteveG who was an absolute ghost in 2nd half.

Ilori started as a striker, it is not a stretch to move him forward. Our midfield didnt exist in that game.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
liverpool_for_life said:
I feel good... Last few seasons, we would have lost 1-3 with suhc a performance... atleast we are drawing when we play bad instead of losing...
Possibly,but we can't just keep saying that as some sort of positive.Another awful second half.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
Dire dire second half. Don't know what that was all about. Someone said Swansea swarmed all over us to get the ball back, the question I have is why weren't we doing the same to them.

No hunger for the win, totally inexplicable. Happy to settle for a draw. Just can't understand that.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
"Midtable" manager. "Midtable" players.

Still top of the league. Suck it.

So I guess in an ideal world, jerusalemred never gets to post :D

pottymonster

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.
Gotta drop points at some point, away at Swansea 2-2 isn't the worst possible result.

If Coutinho is gonna miss any extended period of time then maybe move Henderson into the middle. Might take away some creativity but should give a more ability to hold onto possession.

And this team needs to work on their second half performances. I don't know if it's the midfield of Lucas and Gerrard that just runs out of steam or if it's some other area, but we definitely can't keep slacking off like this.

Overall though, not a terrible result.

koptician

We'll go again!
Yeah. The minute Coutinho went off we didn't have any ideas in the attacking third. No wonder Sturridge was frustrated. I wonder who is going to provide creativity with him out injured. Looked like a dislocation. Bad news.

abcd

Very poor 2nd half as has been the case too often already this season. Need to show more composure when under the cosh, really drew the pressure on themselves there. A point isn't great but isn't a disaster either. Move on to Southampton at home and look to pick up the 3 points and then Suarez is back.

sanjay_sai_rpt

RedSeven said:
Possibly,but we can't just keep saying that as some sort of positive.Another awful second half.
Of course! it was definitely a bad display... but given the bad performance, i am happy it was a draw... we have to thank Shelvey for that :)

redyukka

YNWA
2 goals scored from errors. Stirling gives me no confidence when he comes on. We look weaker without Coutinho but he wasn't that great when he was on. Mixed emotions. I do know Aspas needs to man up. Our new centre back had his first game in the premiership. Wake up call for him. Why wasnt dagger playing? We look so much better than last year but that draw feels like a loss. The second half was disappointing.

ReRangles

That second half was quite dire, we were almost non-existent. I feel the referee gave in to home pressure and ended giving some very silly freekicks but i can't complain too much. At the end i was thankful for the point.

Good debut from Moses looked strong going forward and offered us something more direct to our play. Sakho was a bit hit and miss but there looked to be some good there, just needs to be worked in the team.

gb1986

I always thought this was a bit of a banana skin coming into it. I am disappointed we didn't get all 3 points though.

I think we missed Johnson tonight, would have helped to pin Swansea back more.

Brendan got the Aspas substitution all wrong for me, he was never going to help us keep hold of the ball, something we've been struggling to do as matches wear on, there's something very wrong there and we need to identify the problem and cut it out.

At times we played really well, but we're not going to enjoy the position we're in for much longer if we don't start playing for the whole 90 minutes.

Hope Coutinho is alright, looked like he was in a lot of pain.

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
Damn it! Very poor second-half (yet again).

Could and should have held out ...and really had to do better second-half.
Top of the league (again) ...but definitely 2 points dropped tonight!

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Hope in your heart said:
Probably the right result, although Swansea looked far superior to us during the second half, especially from the moment we lost Coutinho, and thus our link between midfield and attack. From that moment, they were all over us, and made us look quite ordinary.

All in all a shaky defensive performance in which we managed to take away a point. Can't complain too much about this result...

MoM Jonjo Shelvey who else?
Well he directly assisted two goals for the oppostion, so it's a big fat no in my book

deadpool

TIA Youth Team
Sakho followed unnecessary a Swans player into Lucas zone, leaving his one empty for the 2nd goal. Lack of experience, communication and playing time with his team m8s i think.

Our midfield was all over the place. Knowing that Swans are prone to mistakes while under pressure we failed to apply such. I am disappointing with the play but happy that we played bad and still earned point.

Plenty to worry about though