• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Villa v Liverpool (EPL 2/11/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 57 38.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson (GOAL 87’)

Votes: 72 48.0%
  • Lallana

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henderson

• Salah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Mane (GOAL 90+4’)

Votes: 104 69.3%
  • Origi (on 65’)

• Oxlade-Chamberlain (on 65’)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Keita (on 84’)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Phenom

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
Meanwhile, Melissa Ready, for ESPN, provided a nice stat of Liverpool’s powers of recovery and cleverly noted how ‘'Klopp o’clock’ is the new ‘Fergie Time’:
The “Fergie Time” concept, coined when Sir Alex Ferguson’s sides had a habit of producing late goals, has been replaced by “Klopp o’clock.
:LOL::LOL:

Show me the Mane

ATKINSON 1-2 LIVERPOOL
We are going to hit form soon.... :ROFLMAO:
Also the clean sheets will come and when they do will rack up more confidence, we've got another run of 10 or more wins in a row in our locker.
Big one next week, with Sane, Laporte, Rodi out and even Zinchenko had made a bit of progress also out, we need to hit them hard

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Proud of our team - once again. Their keeper was good and lucky until the Mane show that is.
What an assist to Andy and what a last-minute header, eh?
Now Pep is having a go at Mane's "diving", starting the mind games ahead of Sunday's clash.
Careful Pep, this is going to be a tough season and you don't really know how to handle being 2nd best team.

Flobs

FADA
Shall we move on. Tactical discussion perhaps?
The AV goal. How on earth did Hendo end up defending against 3 AV attackers?
Zonal defense is all well and good but someone needs some awareness and the lot need to be a lot more flexible.
Btw Hendo made a mistake, 2 AV players were clearly off side to prevent the goal all he had to do is block the 1 runner. It's easy to say much harder to realise in the moment even so it's true. Even if we should have had more defenders there.
Our set piece defense is starting to let us down a bit again particularly on those second balls. A little disappointing to say the least.

Last edited:

Alright Now

Have you tried acting? I think you will make a fortune! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Since you asked, in seventh grade I acted as Rapunzel’s father mostly because I could burp when needed. However, that role opened the way to greater things, including featuring as Touchstone in As You Like It, for which I won great acclaim. Mrs. Jefferies, our drama teacher, thought I had great potential but not being one who seeks the limelight, I eventually chose another profession.

FGred

That header by Mane reminded me of the header which set up the 94th minute winner for Klavan at the other Claret and Blue team Burnley

The angle to get those headers at that angle was so perfect
He was very brave too that Khodija nearly took his face off with a Karate kick but somehow Moss thought that was OK and didn’t merit a yellow?

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Chris Kamara explained it perfectly on Goals On Sunday. He lined up a piece of blank A4 paper against the VAR red line up to Bobby’s armpit to show just how “unstraight” it was.

Credit to him: he accused the powers that be of blatantly cheating.
Being straight would actually be a distortion, given the camera angle.

Limiescouse

I thought Lovren got bullied by their forward, Wesley, although he did improve in the 2nd half
But to what effect? What chances did it result in? From what I recall, other than goal, which I dont think Lovren had much of a part in, the only other half decent chance they had all game was early on from Hendo's underhit backpass that an alert Alison managed to clean up.

We need to stop demanding our players be perfect, especially the ones there is already an existing doubt about. When your standard is like that you will only ever find reasons to not rate someone.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Since you asked, in seventh grade I acted as Rapunzel’s father mostly because I could burp when needed. However, that role opened the way to greater things, including featuring as Touchstone in As You Like It, for which I won great acclaim. Mrs. Jefferies, our drama teacher, thought I had great potential but not being one who seeks the limelight, I eventually chose another profession.
Mrs. Jefferies also thought that Balotelli would “fit right in” at Liverpool...

MinniMo

Just seen it stated that Atkinson is the Ref v City! Anyone confirm - or please - deny?

FGred

If Atkinson is the ref on Sunday the club should complain because it is fairly blatant that they don’t want us to prevail in the league? we have had him a lot either in the VAR room, as a ref or as the official on the touch line, surely we have more than one experienced ref?
I hope that Mane does a Suarez dive in front of that dipstick gladiola each time he scoreS after that dig about diving.

Limiescouse

We had 3 very clear penalty shouts. Two were not even reviewed by VAR.
Fuck sake. Yes they were. VAR has problems, but one of the biggest is the constant repetition of factually inaccurate comments about it that only serve to further the sense of dissatisfaction about it. Every single moment of the game is reviewed by VAR. We only see VAR working when the game has already stopped (e.g. ref has awarded a foul the VAR s reviewing or after a goal), but it is still working at every other moment. It is just very rare, and after the last two weeks seemingly random, that VAR call a foul where the ref has not seen one.

Last edited:

Limiescouse

I was wondering why the red line was not perpendicular to the ground!
It is. That part is computer generated, it's just an issue of perspective created by an angle that isnt square on. All the person working the VAR does is decide which point is the furthest forward, the resulting vertical line to the ground, and horizontal line across the pitch are then computer generated from that. Given it is not immediately obvious which part of the body is the furthest forward, a little bit of trial and error is reasonable...you try point one and see where it lines up, then point 2, then point 3. Which ever one gives you the horizontal line closest to the goal is the one you use.

Last edited:

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Fuck sake. Yes they were. VAR has problems, but one of the biggest is the constant repetition of factually inaccurate comments about it that only serve to further the sense of dissatisfaction about it. Every single moment of the game is reviewed by VAR. We only see VAR working when the game has already stopped (e.g. ref has awarded a foul the VAR s reviewing or after a goal), but it is still working at every other moment. It is just very rare, and after the last two weeks seemingly random, that VAR call a foul where the ref has not seen one.
Are you a VAR technician?? They were not reviewed. Yes they were witnessed but no review was in place. The only penalty call reviewed was the Mane incident.

Limiescouse

Are you a VAR technician?? They were not reviewed. Yes they were witnessed but no review was in place. The only penalty call reviewed was the Mane incident.
The Mane incident was the only one in which the ref stopped the game. The distinction you are drawing does not exist.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
The Mane incident was the only one in which the ref stopped the game. The distinction you are drawing does not exist.
Are you seriously telling me that every motion in the game is re ran by the VAR assistant? Only what they see as questionable is reviewed.

Wilkored08

Can a team refuse or argue against certain officiating teams who are allocated to a game? There seems to be too many suggestions today regarding the Bob 'offside' that certain lines on pictures had been tampered with, not just by LFC supporters, but by people in the media, ex players and others....Surely the powers that be can see that if MA was ref next week , feelings would be running high....

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I think there is definite contact; Guilbert rakes Mané's right ankle:

Maybe the contact was insufficient to cause Mané to go down in such a dramatic manner, but if he doesn't go down, there wouldn't be any chance of a pen.

And anyone who claims there is no contact, or that Mané deserved a card, must be as blind, or as biased, as atkinson.
I don't think it's a penalty, but at the same time its not a yellow.
This was one of the poor decisions made by moss, apart from that, I think he did ok.
The real thing that bothers me is,
Hand ball in box is now deemed a penalty, then why didn't var give is penalty? It was clean pen.
Applying selectively? Scums got 2 last week.