• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Villa v Liverpool (EPL 2/11/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 57 38.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson (GOAL 87’)

Votes: 72 48.0%
  • Lallana

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henderson

• Salah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Mane (GOAL 90+4’)

Votes: 104 69.3%
  • Origi (on 65’)

• Oxlade-Chamberlain (on 65’)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Keita (on 84’)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I see the 'incompetent referee' line is still being widely used in relation to Atkinson. It is compounded by his performance at Goodison yesterday.

Just to be clear there was nothing incompetent about what that fucking cheat did on Saturday, nor at Old Trafford a few weeks ago or at Anfield last season against Leicester when he basically stole 2 points from us and cost us the title. He knows exactly what he's doing.

There was a thread last season about us being fucked over by referees and many people were arguing there was no actual proof of it happening. Well I think Atkinson has exposed himself for what he is where this football club is concerned and it saddens me that only Chris fucking Kamara has had the balls to call him out on it.
I thknk even the most fair minded person will now question Atkinsons version of neutrality. This goes beyond incompetence. Incompetence suggests a level amount of poor decisions.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I thknk even the most fair minded person will now question Atkinsons version of neutrality. This goes beyond incompetence. Incompetence suggests a level amount of poor decisions.
I think the problem with a ref like Atkinson is that he sees his role as a manager of the game as a piece of entertainment and his duty to the broadcasters rather than the rules.

I’ve seen him doing this for years, and not just with Liverpool. He will always favour the team less likely to win, let them kick the shit out of the better side and use his whistle to try and level the playing field.

His ultimate aim is to ensure that games are tight contests, entertaining for the neutral fans.

Liverpool are usually the bigger team, so he will not give us anything.

I doubt very much he would be willing to sacrifice his professional integrity to a perceived hatred of Liverpool. But he is definitely the type to give the benefit of the doubt to the plucky underdog.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
I think the problem with a ref like Atkinson is that he sees his role as a manager of the game as a piece of entertainment and his duty to the broadcasters rather than the rules.

I’ve seen him doing this for years, and not just with Liverpool. He will always favour the team less likely to win, let them kick the shit out of the better side and use his whistle to try and level the playing field.

His ultimate aim is to ensure that games are tight contests, entertaining for the neutral fans.

Liverpool are usually the bigger team, so he will not give us anything.

I doubt very much he would be willing to sacrifice his professional integrity to a perceived hatred of Liverpool. But he is definitely the type to give the benefit of the doubt to the plucky underdog.
This applies to the vast majority of TV analysts and commentators as well. They tie themselves in knots trying to convince neutrals the underdog has a chance and always root shamelessly for an upset.