POST MATCH: Watford v Liverpool (EPL 24/11/18 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold (one f*cking magnificent goal)

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • Robertson

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Henderson (sent off 78')

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Shaqiri (off 75')

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Salah (off 80'); one goal

• Firmino (off 89'); one goal

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Mane

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Milner (on 75')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho (on 80')

• Matip (on 89')

• and...

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Lovren (the forgotten man)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
Gave the nod to Mane. He was a handful today. Gave Watford fits. Was all over the park, looking to make runs, looking to set up others. Good match from him. Gets the key assist on the Salah goal.

Last edited:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Robbo burnt grass today!!! What a fcking lad! Every game he gives a 8/10.
VVD was my man of the match. Our confidence has a lot to do with him who keeps the defense calm.
BTw, woy got a point at Old Toilet hahahaha. Perfect week. Now Hoping Chelsea and spurs have a brawl and have 3 players sent off for both teams :celebrating:

LFCFFC

Clinical.

Kept them to 1 shot on target and took our chances. Exactly the kind of away performance you'd expect from a top team. Good to see Mo and Bobby on the score sheet, and also an absolute cracker of a free kick from TAA.

All we can do is keep pace with City, and so far we've done that. 10-3-0 with a third of the season down is very impressive.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Brilliant result, our Dutch boys Wijnaldum and Van Dijk continuing their excellent international form with brilliant performances. Virgil more than justifying his price tag, he's actually turned into a bargain, has to be the world's finest defender doesn't he? Utterly magnificent player, we are so blessed he's ours.

I just hope people don't focus on the negatives (Hendo's sending off and City winning) and just enjoy another win and 3 points. It's the result of champions. Stuff City, we can win the league.

Well done Redmen. Thanks for making us happy :well done:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Hope Klopp Learns from this. Poor game management imo.
Same with hendo, could have and should have handled it better.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
A patient performance that seemed tricky in the first half but after Mo Salah opened the scoring we ended up with 3 when it looked like we'd struggle to score just the 1.
Trent scored a beauty of a free kick, bended it like that fella who was quite popular. That after so many seemed to have lost faith in him. He's 20yrs old for fucks' sake let him make the odd mistake without demanding he be taken off.
Refuse to talk about the skipper, what a bonehead.

MOTM is VvD. A giant that controls our defensive third and clears any danger before they become something. If he doesn't get to the ball first we'd likely have lost this match early on.

Red over the water

Excellent. Watford are a good side and they fought hard. It took us a while to get in front, but then we piled on a coup,e more goals before the end to run out worthy winners. That was a very good three points away from home against a tricky team.

VVD gets my motm as he’s a rock back there, but several players could have got the nod.

Commando

I went for Virgil as MOTM, he was absolutely immense today. Worthy mentions to Robbo as well as the front three. All three of our front three combined for Mo's goal. Bobby won the free kick for Trent's goal and Sadio's rasping shot set Bobby up nicely from the Foster save.
Oh and a belter of a save from Aliisson in the first half. I love a clean sheet.

macca1970

Three goals and a clean sheet away from home, can’t ask for more. Watford were obstinate opponents with 10 men behind the ball, and showing no initiative to do anything unless presented with a mistake.

These types of games have been difficult for us in previous years, but we now play in a controlled manner in which we will continue pushing for the breakthrough without getting flustered.

Salah opened the scoring again with a crucial goal, which deflated Watford’s plans. TAA with a nicely taken freekick, which should boost his confidence, as he has not been at his best in the last few games.

The only downside was the sending off. Henderson was on a yellow and had just been given a last warning by Moss a minute or so before his stupid shoulder challenge, which the Watford player made the most of. Jordan was clearly losing the plot and getting flustered in the preceding 10 minutes, as he was angry Moss was continuously calling him up for foul when Watford were doing the same to him and getting away with. Although Klopp should expect Henderson to keep his control, with two goals up, and Watford throwing on all their strikers, it was a perfect opportunity to introduce Fabinho or Kieta to replace Henderson.

Having said that, before the doubters come on and slag Henderson, I want to say that Henderson carries out Klopp’s plans perfectly, and that’s why he gets the nod over some people’s favourite players. He distributes the ball well, and hassles players off the ball. We have enough midfielders to rotate in the next few games.

The third goal was a nice run and evading challenge by Robertson, and Firmino heading in after a smart save by Foster from Mane. VVD won every header defensively, and showed good turn of pace when chasing back. A huge player for us both metaphorically and physically.
A tough win, but totally deserved. On to Wednesday in Paris.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
3-0 away from home, 64% possesion whilst conceding 1 shot on target is not poor game management.
Come on. You know what i am saying. He has been very stubborn with regards to sub.
Today you could just see Hendo Getting a red. Everyone had a feeling. He was making so many fouls.
Stat would have mattered nothing had we drop points.

T.C.B

Maybe its a bit of a stretch to say this but I don't think that result happens without VVD in the side. He's a monster, skipper in everything but name.
Henderson is a muppet. Lost his head and the second yellow looked inevitable, maybe Klopp should have hooked him earlier as the warning signs were there but FFS should he not be able to count on his skipper to keep his shit together? I dont mind him taking the first yellow, in fact I expect him to take it but after that he has to be capable of keeping the gauge out of the red.......he's not a kid ffs.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
A bit shit attacking wise until the first goal and a bit lucky with Robertson's challenge on Hughes, but at the end of the day the result is what matters and it doesn't get much better than 3-0 at Watford.

Have a feeling that this win might also prove to be beneficial in more ways than one. The first goal which came as a nice combination between the front 3 may finally get them on the same wavelength, plus TAA's excellent goal will do wonders for his confidence going forward.

P. S. Van Dijk majestic again. We would have conceded, had it not been for him.

Last edited:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
I just wish teams really play dirty against city like how they do against us. At the moment they have this aura, which scares the crap out of teams. Some on needs to step up and hopefully other teams can give them a hard time.