POST MATCH: Watford v Liverpool (EPL 24/11/18 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold (one f*cking magnificent goal)

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • Robertson

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Henderson (sent off 78')

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Shaqiri (off 75')

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Salah (off 80'); one goal

• Firmino (off 89'); one goal

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Mane

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Milner (on 75')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho (on 80')

• Matip (on 89')

• and...

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Lovren (the forgotten man)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Caradoc

Who's comparing Stevie and Jordan as players ? There's a lot to captaincy which is not shown on the pitch. Henderson does a decent job on the whole as a Liverpool player and he must be a good influence in the dressing room for him to be made a captain.

Jordan has done a decent job as captain. I like the lad. But I think there is now a very strong case to hand the captaincy to Virgil anyway. Jordan can no longer guarantee his place in the first team. Soon Milner probably won’t either. Virgil currently can and has already demonstrated the necessary attributes. I actually think Jordan might benefit from handing over the responsibility so that he can fully focus on his own game. I think he is struggling right now. Today he was poor and his captaincy even poorer.

That’s what I think and that’s where I’m leaving it. I really don’t want to keep discussing this after such a fine away win.

Flobs

FADA
I believe Henderson is suspended for one game only, he was sent off for two yellow cards. In hindsight, Klopp should’ve subbed him as Henderson’s head was gone. He was on a yellow card and the ref had just spoken to him after another incident. So stupid, a player of his experience doing what he did.
No all it needed was for a Vice, Vice-vice or Vice-vice-vice captain to say to him we've got your back, let it go. The problem is we only have one capatain and that's Henderson himself. :-(

Flobs

FADA
Jordan has done a decent job as captain. I like the lad. But I think there is now a very strong case to hand the captaincy to Virgil anyway. Jordan can no longer guarantee his place in the first team. Soon Milner probably won’t either. Virgil currently can and has already demonstrated the necessary attributes. I actually think Jordan might benefit from handing over the responsibility so that he can fully focus on his own game. I think he is struggling right now. Today he was poor and his captaincy even poorer.

That’s what I think and that’s where I’m leaving it. I really don’t want to keep discussing this after such a fine away win.
Virgil hasn't shown that he can step in as captain, not yet. Good defensive coordinator but that's it for now. Vice-Vice Captain suits him atm.

well done lads.. 3 points ..clean sheet..
still not a believer in this 4321 shit even though its working
still think we need a world star creative midfielder
still think we need a world star back up for front three if we want to reach Man City levels.
and NO ... Wont criticise our captain for being sent off....we dont do that in Liverpool

Last edited:

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant

I believe you are right. And this is no new development.
That‘s why I didn‘t understand fans questioning Southgate (or even being upset about it) for giving the armband to someone else and not Hendo a few months ago.

Abdel

Virgil hasn't shown that he can step in as captain, not yet. Good defensive coordinator but that's it for now. Vice-Vice Captain suits him atm.
When Hendo Has shown his Leadership quality ?
He was still playing it backwards to the goalkeeper at the 81 min in the CL final
Our true Leaders are the front 3 + VVD . they are showing it on the pitch every week ( by ability mostly )

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
He was still playing it backwards to the goalkeeper at the 81 min in the CL final
Our true Leaders are the front 3 + VVD . they are showing it on the pitch every week ( by ability mostly )

You don‘t and can‘t lead by ability only. At least in my opinion.
Of course it helps to gain respect.

dockers_strike

Unbelievably stupid commentator. Thinks scoreline flattered Liverpool. How dumb can you be...
Probably a manc city, manc united or chelsea fan. Dont you just love these types who say the score 'flattered' us yet when united, chelsea or even arsenal before used to grind out such results, or 1-0's in arsenal's case, they were described as true champions in the making, blah, blah, blah.

Flobs

FADA
Henderson isn't the best captain LFC have ever had but he is the best in this group atm. Just look at how he communicates with the other players particularly in anticipating situations.

Flobs

FADA
I believe you are right. And this is no new development.
That‘s why I didn‘t understand fans questioning Southgate (or even being upset about it) for giving the armband to someone else and not Hendo a few months ago.
Wrong team!

Abdel

You don‘t and can‘t lead by ability only. At least in my opinion.
Of course it helps to gain respect.
And you can't justify your Leadership only by Pointing and moaning to the ref . this is LFC . you need to have both Ability and Character
For the Front 3 + VVD . they lead by exemple because they work very hard every game and they show resilience

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Our lads did really well. It was a hard match. The last 12 minutes, our 10 against their 12 (I'm looking at you [email protected] Jon Moss)
Mo scores as per usual. A brilliant free kick from Trent. Bob back on the scoresheet thanks mainly to man-mountain Robbo. And a clean sheet, making this a record - never before have the Reds conceded as few as five goals after 13 league games in a season. OK, it wasn't pretty, but who cares we won. Same again against PSG. please.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
And you can't justify your Leadership only by Pointing and moaning to the ref . this is LFC . you need to have both Ability and Character
For the Front 3 + VVD . they lead by exemple because they work very hard every game and they show resilience
Maybe.
And maybe they could do the job.
But none of our current squad can be compared to Captain Fantastic.
I still miss him. Shouldn‘t benchmark his successors against him.

Limiescouse

OK, it wasn't pretty, but who cares we won. Same again against PSG. please.
But I dont think it was ugly either. Watford away will be one of the hardest won 3 points any top side earns this year outside of going to one of the other top 5. We did it while never really looking stretched or overly bothered by them.

Red over the water

Henderson was a bit too exuberant. No need to pile in on him. He’ll miss a game and then come back. Mind you, I don’t think he will be a fixture in the side. He is becoming a squad man, though the best midfield blend is yet to emerge, so Henderson battles to try to be one who is selected more often than not. I think by the end of the season it will be Fabinho and Keita, plus one other, but the new signings need to step up. In the meantime Wijnaldum has done well and Milner defies age. Henderson slightly overdid it today, but I’m not going to kill him for it. Watford are a physical team and we needed to show fight before our quality eventually came through. Henderson was slightly on the wrong side of that, but it’s not the world’s biggest crime.

3-0 away against a decent Watford outfit is a very good day.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
But I dont think it was ugly either. Watford away will be one of the hardest won 3 points any top side earns this year outside of going to one of the other top 5. We did it while never really looking stretched or overly bothered by them.
It wasn't ugly, but it wasn't the free flowing exuberance of last season; it was simply an efficient performance. We didn't blow them away, but we won, and kept a clean sheet. And I for one, am happy with it.

Limiescouse

It wasn't ugly, but it wasn't the free flowing exuberance of last season; it was simply an efficient performance.
That football is not possible against a side content to let us have the ball unopposed a full 10 yards into their half.

Sweeting

Another week where Pep won't be able to read.

Coddite84

Great performance today. Tough at times but persistance paid off. Some goal from Trent! Need to keep winning and being clinical and hope city drop points, hopefully they will soon

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Some of the posters on this thread need to have a good think about what it means to support a club. We won a tough away game, we are unbeaten in the league and second in the table but quite a few people just want to come on here and rehash their anti Henderson agenda. He’s our captain for fucks sake. If this is how you support us when things are going well then how will you be when it gets tough ?

FGred

I see this match as an opportunity for everyone to slate Henderson for the card. Let's keep this in perspective, folks.

He does the thankless tasks well, in one of the toughest roles on the pitch as he has to play both ways. I am sure in hindsight Jurgen wishes he would have subbed him off but now we get to run him out in Paris...

Keep it civil folks, he IS our captain
And what’s more the first card was ridiculous and a free kick was given against him when it should have been the other way round his shirt was torn off but the person we should be mad at was that useless ref granted Hendo lost his rag but anyone would have done this situation happened several times without any cards being shown to Watford players.

RodM

A very frustrating match for me to watch - largely due to the awful stream I was watching on. Man of the match for me was Trent. Aside from the goal he was very creative and a real team player - much improved from some recent games.

Hendo - what on earth were you thinking of. Not just a bad performance bit a very unprofessional one.

Anyway, another 3 points is all that matters. Grind those buggers out.