POST MATCH: Watford v Liverpool (EPL 24/11/18 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold (one f*cking magnificent goal)

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • Robertson

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Henderson (sent off 78')

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Shaqiri (off 75')

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Salah (off 80'); one goal

• Firmino (off 89'); one goal

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Mane

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Milner (on 75')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho (on 80')

• Matip (on 89')

• and...

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Lovren (the forgotten man)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Great result away from home, and suspected it was the kind of game we’d need to win a battle before a football match. The lads were patient, defended well and took their chance when it came.

On Henderson, I’ve never been a critic, and have always rated him. Love seeing him in the team. But that yellow card is brainless, it really is. To get sent off for a second yellow in their half, at 2-0, takes some doing. And he is the captain. It’s fine to say that, and also like the lad at the same time.
If you watch the post-game interview (not the presser) Klopp touches on that. He had the conversation with him on one side of the pitch and was preparing a sub when he got called for the second yellow

IMO on its own is a bullshit card considering how many times Watford had pulled down our attacking threats to slow them down without a yellow. Just as bullshit as his first yellow, Jordan was being pulled back by Success (whom is a BEAST of a man, to be fair) to the point it ripped the neck of his jersey and the foul+card went the wrong way...

I am fairly certain at some point over the years Jordan and Moss have had some disagreements over calls on the pitch, he was warned a few times in this match and Moss had enough to ship him off.

Maybe some players who don’t challenge the referee on the pitch don’t get that second yellow, but am satisfied that Jordan isn’t a pushover and stood his ground. He will likely be pissed off to be missing the derby and leave it on the pitch in Paris knowing he will get a day off next weekend.

Shit happens, folks. He is human

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
If you watch the post-game interview (not the presser) Klopp touches on that. He had the conversation with him on one side of the pitch and was preparing a sub when he got called for the second yellow

IMO on its own is a bullshit card considering how many times Watford had pulled down our attacking threats to slow them down without a yellow. Just as bullshit as his first yellow, Jordan was being pulled back by Success (whom is a BEAST of a man, to be fair) to the point it ripped the neck of his jersey and the foul+card went the wrong way...

I am fairly certain at some point over the years Jordan and Moss have had some disagreements over calls on the pitch, he was warned a few times in this match and Moss had enough to ship him off.

Maybe some players who don’t challenge the referee on the pitch don’t get that second yellow, but am satisfied that Jordan isn’t a pushover and stood his ground. He will likely be pissed off to be missing the derby and leave it on the pitch in Paris knowing he will get a day off next weekend.

Shit happens, folks. He is human
Yeah. Can’t disagree with that. But regardless of the way the foul went in the tussle with Success, Moss gave it (and then another before he was sent). Jordan surely knows he is on his last legs.

And at that point, I’ve no problem if he goes nobly throwing himself in his sword to prevent a goal scoring chance.

But he gets done for a foul in Watford’s half. I’d be pissed off at a player taking a yellow there, never mind a red.

Semmy

Lovren never put a foot wrong all day.
VVD is unbelievable.
Firmino with the key pass on the winning goal.
I don't like Hendo and Wijni in the 2 together
We don’t like Hendo and Wijnaldum together because they play so safe. Rarely caught out of position, follow the instructions of the gaffer and break up a LOT of play. They are very disruptive duo and frustrating to watch at the time. When you see the results pile up though, it can make you re-think the perspective.

Ox/Keita would give the midfield a different look, but against a team like Watford who are an imposing team especially up front... Like Klopp said in the post-match press conference it is about CONTROL of the game. We definitely had that

Semmy

Yeah. Can’t disagree with that. But regardless of the way the foul went in the tussle with Success, Moss gave it (and then another before he was sent). Jordan surely knows he is on his last legs.

And at that point, I’ve no problem if he goes nobly throwing himself in his sword to prevent a goal scoring chance.

But he gets done for a foul in Watford’s half. I’d be pissed off at a player taking a yellow there, never mind a red.
Yes I get that completely. As I said, shit happens. He is human. And it was a WEAK yellow, minimal contact and Moss had been letting that shit go the other way all match without cards. TAA goal was from a cynical foul. No cards that I saw to Watford all game? They played fairly clean, but they were accumulating

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Yes I get that completely. As I said, shit happens. He is human. And it was a WEAK yellow, minimal contact and Moss had been letting that shit go the other way all match without cards. TAA goal was from a cynical foul. No cards that I saw to Watford all game? They played fairly clean, but they were accumulating

There has been a run of quite mystifying refereeing performances where the opposition have appeared to have received the green light to foul our players with impunity - both in the EPL and the ECL. No doubt it is my imagination or simply a coincidence. I realise that it can’t possibly be real. :well done:

mikodelniko13

good performance but Watford is a difficult team to break, henderson is silly immature , thinks by barking he would be a leader which he can never be, although had some defensive moments in general i would rather to see KIETA back

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Right before Hendo's first booking Success nearly had the shirt off him, ripping it in the process. Just before the foul which the liner gave and Moss had a word with Hendo he was fouled as he jumped for a header and had nothing given. It's easy for us fans to say Hendo should have kept his head but he had so much go against him today. The second yellow was a nothing challenge.
Glad someone else saw these especially the header, its as though the referee's haven't a clue about about challenges involving headers.

Still he was stupid!

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Glad someone else saw these especially the header, its as though the referee's haven't a clue about about challenges involving headers.

Still he was stupid!

Neither card was a yellow IMO but my opinion doesn’t count, the referee’s does.

Btw, if Moss was a horse he’d have been put out to pasture by now. He struggled to keep pace with the game today. Last season he’d have had a heart attack trying to keep up with us. Time to swallow his whistle I think - especially as he likes refereeing out of his arse.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Take 3 points and 3-0 anyday against anyone thankyou.
Really over the moon to see the defence we have got established now.
Watford are not a bad side,which really shows our class.
Think Hendo lost it a bit after the first yellow,and the second one came along before he got dragged,so he misses a game.Give him time to think,but I'm certain he has done a lot of that already.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Take 3 points and 3-0 anyday against anyone thankyou.
Really over the moon to see the defence we have got established now.
Watford are not a bad side,which really shows our class.
Think Hendo lost it a bit after the first yellow,and the second one came along before he got dragged,so he misses a game.Give him time to think,but I'm certain he has done a lot of that already.

Its actually a bit worrying because he just didn’t look right. I hope everything is okay for the lad because in many ways it seems out of character for him. He’ll be very disappointed I’m sure.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
There has been a run of quite mystifying refereeing performances where the opposition have appeared to have received the green light to foul our players with impunity - both in the EPL and the ECL. No doubt it is my imagination or simply a coincidence. I realise that it can’t possibly be real. :well done:
Seriously can't believe we are discussing the referee performance in a negative way when we avoided a 50-50 penalty at 0-0 that very likely would have changed the trajectory of the game.

Btw, both Hendo's yellows were 100% there and it would be disgraceful for them not to be given they were that blatant. Sure, Success's jumper pull that wasn't called brought about Hendo's frustration to blatantly foul him, but two wrongs don't make a right.:well done:

Second was just utterly stupid and unneccesary by Henderson and not sure what you would expect the ref to do.

Some of the posters on this thread need to have a good think about what it means to support a club. We won a tough away game, we are unbeaten in the league and second in the table but quite a few people just want to come on here and rehash their anti Henderson agenda. He’s our captain for fucks sake. If this is how you support us when things are going well then how will you be when it gets tough ?
Was it because he was wearing trainers during the game? :tongue:

On a serious note - he would be missing our home game against bitters. I think his experience will be missed in that game. If you think Watford players were frustrating with their dark arts, wait for the bitters.

Red Ted

Seriously can't believe we are discussing the referee performance in a negative way when we avoided a 50-50 penalty at 0-0 that very likely would have changed the trajectory of the game.

Btw, both Hendo's yellows were 100% there and it would be disgraceful for them not to be given they were that blatant. Sure, Success's jumper pull that wasn't called brought about Hendo's frustration to blatantly foul him, but two wrongs don't make a right.:well done:

Second was just utterly stupid and unneccesary by Henderson and not sure what you would expect the ref to do.
Indeed, I thought it was a clear penalty by Robertson when it happened and the replays haven't changed that opinion, we've gotton away with a few of them this season, Mane on Son at Spurs was a pen & Milner at Huddersfield with the handball could easily have been given, they were not insignificant penalties either where it didn't matter, points would very likely have been dropped.

With Henderson, the ref had even warned him for his persistant fouling 2 minutes beforehand which makes it even worse, there's nothing to complain about there, he deserved to go.

Before the goal I was absolutely positive that we would drop points. The attack isn't working well at all, I don't think we can continue breathing at City's neck for long if that doesn't change.

About Henderson, both yellows were kind of soft for me, if he didn't scream a the official he wouldn't have been sent off. Someone has to do it, for me he shows character and puts what it needs to be put.

I hope next time he keep it a little more civil.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Yep, if he concentrates more on that and less on trying to shield the ball and falling over to try and draw the foul, we will see mnore of the Mane of old. I'm undecided if he may have lost a bit of pace or it just appears that way from his lack of directness this season.
He has the pace. It's just the approach that has changed. You can't catch him, he is that quick.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
We’ll miss Henderson against the shite next week, it will be a battle and he knows what it means to the fans. Fabinho and Keita haven’t experienced a Merseyside derby before, I’m not sure they’re ready for such a game. I hope I’m wrong.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
We’ll miss Henderson against the shite next week, it will be a battle and he knows what it means to the fans. Fabinho and Keita haven’t experienced a Merseyside derby before, I’m not sure they’re ready for such a game. I hope I’m wrong.
Miler is fine to do that.. Who at the bitters will btw? Bernard? Mina? Fair few of those lads are going to get a rude awakening me thinks.

Chung

TIA Moderator
This cant' continue, should have been punished, did we even turn up in the first half? This experiment with Mo up front isn't working. And we're still winning, still second.