Post Match: Watford v Liverpool (EPL 29/2/20 5.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Robertson

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 60’]

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 65’]

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Salah

• Firmino [off 79’]

• Mane

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Lallana [on 60’]

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Origi [on 65’]

• Minamino [on 79’]

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
We don't need 4 wins, we need 3 if we avoid losing to City.

Magnus

It is the evening after yesterdays remarkable event and I still have not voted a MotM. I probably never will. I don't know who our best player was and I am not going to pretend that I do. But I do think we will see a very different Liverpool next game.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
It is the evening after yesterdays remarkable event and I still have not voted a MotM. I probably never will. I don't know who our best player was and I am not going to pretend that I do. But I do think we will see a very different Liverpool next game.
I went with Lallana, because he put a few dangerous passes in and had a really good effort hit the post. Yup that’s about as good as anyone was, and he only played 30 mins.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
The more I look at that tackle by Deeney on Trent, the worse it gets. That was a potential leg breaker if ever there was one, it was disgusting and even if Oliver didn’t get a clear view of it, the linesman certainly did! Why didn’t VAR review it? Isn’t it there to look at serious foul play? Deeney is a fucking thug and shouldn’t be anywhere near the Premier League.

Wilkored08

The problem with the selection of Lovren - and if it was because he’d be more physical than Matip then it’s a massive mistake from Klopp - is that Troy Deeney wants a physical battle. It’s pretty much the only thing the alehouse cunt has got in his locker. Most of the time he’s winning it, and if he’s also managed to take your Centre Back out of the game then there are acres for the lads buzzing round him to pick up the second ball.

The obvious way to play a brick shit house like Deeney is not to worry about the first ball - he’s not going to get it under control and do something with it - just make sure you get the second.

I bet Deeney couldn’t believe his luck the way Lovren got suckered in every fucking time.

It’s absolutely basic stuff, and I struggle to think that Klopp would be naive enough to fall for it. I suspect it’s more likely that he was forced into a late switch due to Gomez being injured, and Lovren had trained a bit better or something.

Apologies if I’m across a bit angry tonight. I really wanted that record off City. My heart sank as soon as I saw Lovren’s name I’m the team sheet.
I think we all think the same about Deeney...thug and amoeba... Needs teaching a thing or two, in a dark alley, with a LFC supporting grandma....fu****ing leg breaking thug....

Last edited:

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
I know I should just leave it but I'm not really following your line of argument/reasoning?
I know how you feel too. I have been like this all afternoon. This season's title chase is doing my head in. Thirty years of waiting, it is like waiting for f***ing Godot! I have anxiety about the next EPL match.
Today's Carabo cup final, just made it worse.

koptician

We'll go again!
I've been critical of the team since the winter break, having barely said a bad word about the side for nearly 18 months or so, but it has not been unjustified. We were lacklustre against Norwich, but terrible against Madrid and very lucky against West Ham. So this result was not a surprise, so much so that I had to stop myself betting against us earlier on today. We have lacked intensity and have been disorganised throughout the team in all 4 games.

No individuals are the sole or primary reason for this. It wasn't Chamberlain against Norwich, or Origi against Atletico, or Keita against West Ham and it wasn't Lovren today. It's incredibly predictable who is going to get the stick when times are tough. It's really convenient to put a sub par performance one player's door, far more preferable than just admitting the team hasn't played well and it makes the solution very obvious, but it hasn't been fair.

So, a great run comes to an end. The best day of the season for some of our rivals. Good for them. For us, it shouldn't matter really. Records are nice to have but they don't mean an awful lot, and can always be beaten. Nobody can take trophies away from us and that's all that counts really. A win at Chelsea would change the mood immediately, but the same is even more true of Atletico. Those are our big games now and I'm hopeful that these disappointing results will light a fire under our lads and bring the best out of them. If that happens today will be forgotten about in no time at all.
We were lacklustre against Norwich but still kept it tight. Plus we lost some intensity in the Atletico game after a certain indomitable captain went off. And we’ve missed him since. I firmly believe with him back we’ll be fine

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I think we will lose quite heavily on Tuesday which will trigger a mini meltdown amongst the more hysterical members of our fan base and lead to a tense atmosphere come Saturday. If Bournemouth then take an early lead standby therapists are going to be needed. People needs to take a big deep breath and calm the fuck down.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I was as pissed off as anyone with the defeat yesterday, but for fucks sake, this is nowhere near threatening the title.

We’re 22 points clear. Get a grip everyone.
What he said. FFS, we’re having the BEST season in history and there’s still misery and complaint and bickering? What the fuck is wrong with people? There’s a line from Douglas Adams which to paraphrase is “Why does this sea bass have to be so fucking good?”. Seems appropriate.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
We were lacklustre against Norwich but still kept it tight. Plus we lost some intensity in the Atletico game after a certain indomitable captain went off. And we’ve missed him since. I firmly believe with him back we’ll be fine
Henderson played 80 minutes against Atletico and Norwich played a very defensive game against us.

We're definitely better with Henderson in the side, especially the way Fabinho is playing, but there's a bit more to it than just his loss.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Saying that at Westham yes the defence wasn't great but we created 25 chances and about 8 or 9 on target.

That's what bothered me last night, 1 decent effort from Lallana and one Robertson should be probably putting across the keeper. That was it.

Norwich we should have been one up if Keita hadn't put it straight at Krul.

I was getting a bit bored of records taking precedence over actual games so I'm glad so many fell.

We are fighting on 3 fronts and Chelsea is there to win.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
We have ten league games left and I would only accept a win in our next game.

I’m sure that our manager thinks the same way.
That's not the point I was making...the point is however we do it losing yesterday is not the be all and end all.

And having lost yesterday it is paramount we win the next game just to break any cycle that could develop. And anyhow having lost to Watford we now can only win 3 of the 4.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
First thing I see is a VERY heavy, sopping pitch. And you can see the effect it has on the play. Watched Mo and Bobby both slip/fall in first 15 mins. Passes dying in the grass, poor first touches. Very much suited to Watford play, they are very much playing a target man in Deeney. Lump the ball up to him and press the second ball.

Credit to Pearson, he had a game plan and stuck to it. It worked. And Deeney worked Lovren quite well, reminded me of 4-1 loss to Spurs a few years back, when Kane made a mockery of him.

Note as well, that the lads actually had a decent bit of possession and things just didn't come off for them. Soooo many misplaced vertical passes. Just sloppy in general. Pay attention to the spin on the ball and how much it was skipping around. Definitely not suited to a possession tiki-taka style of play.

Oliver had a SHIT game. How the hell did Watford not get a single card in that first half, incredible

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
Someone probably said this already so I apologize if this is a repeat.
But I just realized that we got screwed this weekend by the FA (was it them? Sure blame them I’m guessing).
iF they would’ve rescheduled our League Cup Match vs Aston Villa when it conflicted with the Club World Cup, we could’ve played and beat Villa instead of sending our our young boys.
Then we could’ve been in the Finals vs City this weekend instead of playing at Vicarage Rd vs Watford and dropping that loss.
Maybe another Cup (maybe not). Maybe Watford would’ve beaten us on the reschedule (maybe not).
But I like to dream it would’ve been that way and they’d screwed us.