• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Watford v Liverpool (EPL 29/2/20 5.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Robertson

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 60’]

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 65’]

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Salah

• Firmino [off 79’]

• Mane

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Lallana [on 60’]

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Origi [on 65’]

• Minamino [on 79’]

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wilkored08

Totally agree, but your post was blinkered, I would still have been livid if a penalty had been given as we have had similar blatant ones almost every match not given for fouls on VVD not given, but it was a foul by Lovren
I only saw the first half, but every time Mo had the ball, on the wing, he had a defender hanging on him, so he couldn't move, and the official on the line never even indicated a foul...agree with you some wrestling moves on VVD are so obvious, but again no foul...somebody at Stockley must see em.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
I only saw the first half, but every time Mo had the ball, on the wing, he had a defender hanging on him, so he couldn't move, and the official on the line never even indicated a foul...agree with you some wrestling moves on VVD are so obvious, but again no foul...somebody at Stockley must see em.
I am at a complete loss with VAR it has been a disaster, not the offside as it if they are off even by a whisker they are off, it is the blatant fouls where they judge it wasn't clear an obvious to the ref, a foul is a foul and the holding on corners is getting back to where it was before the initial clampdown, stop the pulling and holding see more goals and have more exciting games, to hold someone is a clear premeditated act not like a mistimed tackle with no intent.

Wilkored08

I am at a complete loss with VAR it has been a disaster, not the offside as it if they are off even by a whisker they are off, it is the blatant fouls where they judge it wasn't clear an obvious to the ref, a foul is a foul and the holding on corners is getting back to where it was before the initial clampdown, stop the pulling and holding see more goals and have more exciting games, to hold someone is a clear premeditated act not like a mistimed tackle with no intent.
Yep the mind boggles!!!!

Flobs

FADA
I agree Bobby did have a bad game as did Mane and Salah, however they didn't receive much quality, in this game and the only way they could have scored is by a moment of magic.

Scoring from Trent's and Robbo's crossing has served us well, but we are too reliant on this and need to be able to play through them as well as go wide, which you agree with and this is where Bobby normally comes alive. Unfortunately our midfielders, with the exception of Ox, who runs with the ball, offer little penetration with vertical passes thats why I like Chirivella who sees the game well and dictates the game by mostly playing shorter passes to feet. Yes there are reservations about his defensive side but he has controlled all the games he has played offensively and hasn't looked lacking defensively and was my motm against Everton
it's clear we needed to use our midfield more. I don't know what it is there. Are they ignored or are they not working hard enough to find space.
One thing that I feel is a problem is our forwards calling for the ball too much when there's nothing on (Salah seems to make a call every second). Then those in posession just going with it whether it's on or not. We need the midfield to get more involved with build up so it's not CBs making those playmaking decissions.
I also think Trent should be discouraged from crossing from deep (that's a Hendo thing and should be left to Hendo if he's not on the pitch find another solution). Trent overlapping Salah is always a good thing in my book.
These are just details but these types of combinations can be practiced in training. A player should never be left with just one option and we saw that a lot against Watford I think (it makes defending us so much easier).

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Yeah, that was the only challenge in the whole game that was a foul and nothing was given. I'm being sarcastic by the way.

It's the same every game as well. The pair doing comms on the game on Saturday were going on about the Degsy/Deeney incident for quite a while, yet brushed aside Deeney's assault on Trent and Hughes' foul on Gini as if they were nothing.
Deeney's assault on Trent didn't make MOTD. Not that the beeb are biased against us at all! :rolleyes: