• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match West Ham 1 Liverpool 2

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
referee was an advertisement for alcohol abuse, cheapened the entire game.

we played better, deserved the win, ref should be in kiddy leagues for the rest of his career.

sterling outstanding, his workrate and maturity have come on boatloads, flanagan too.

Very big win today when the odds were stacked against us! F*ck off West Ham, Andy and Fat Sam's neanderthal tactics! We're gonna win the league! :D

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
Ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly... and 3 points! Let's be honest, this game was never going to be pretty. I'm happy the team had the sack to fight, dig in, and get a result.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Omg ! My heart rate so high.

How's everyone's heart rate ?

Three points which counts. Thank God !

ETA: West Ham played ugly football today. I think we were lucky too.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
One decision for each side, so my apologise to the ref for accusing him on unfair decision.

9 wins, 5 more to go. Next week, the biggest game of our season, for real

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Great win, really. Sets us up brilliantly for City.

Skrtel and Sakho were boss at the back. Thought Mignolet had a good game as well (came in for some ridiculous criticism in the in game thread).

Lucas sub was a good one, similar to the one made against Villa.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
My nerves are totally shot ... can you imagine what Anfield is going to be like next week. Forget 12th man, we need them to be 12th, 13th, 14th etc man and just blow the roof off the place.

On the count of three everybody suck in !!!!

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
YES!!!!!!

Top of the league again, and yet another win under extremely difficult circumstances. Credit to West Ham (and to the ref...) for making this a tough match for us, but these lads have the right kind of winning spirit. One more win on the bounce, which makes it nine now!

:cheers:

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Who says things don't even out? It's all even out with our penalty with that fucking dirty goal from Carroll's assist.

Bobbinho

lol the Ref had a mare, thankfully we did enough, tbh we could have put this to bed earlier, Suarez & Sturridge not quite firing, but the team pulled through against a tough & resilient West Ham, i said before this game that i#d take an ugly win against an ugly side....

We did it, back on top!!!!

Get in.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Man City could be a walk in the park compared to this. Thankfully it's over and I can try to sleep now (fat chance of that!).

unforgiven

What a heart stopper

But we won. All that matters.

Defence was worked hard, I would give MOTM to Gerrard or Sterling, with Suarez always a danger and Sakho did well with Skrtel

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Trying to be impartial for a second, I don't know what's worse - Taylor making an absolute hash of the West Ham call or gifting us a penalty in as clear case of atonement as you'll see from a ref.

The right result but that referee shouldn't be anywhere near this title chase again.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Great character shown by the players. We didn't have our best game, things went against us but we kept plugging away. I said 5 mins before the penalty that we needed something special to score and boy did we get it. Freebie Pen from Taylor and an amazing player scored it for us. Once we got the lead, we looked much more relaxed in possession and played much better. The last twenty minutes were nervy purely because of the scoreline, but not because you feel a goal is coming. I really like the reactive sub from Rodgers at the end by bringing Toure on.

In the end the result is all that counts. Third is all but secure, title is still very much on. Now we're going to get the build-up to the City game, which will be absolutely massive. I can't wait to watch it, it will be a great match regardless of the result.

theres always tommorrow

Hope is in my heart again
Maria said:
Omg ! My heart rate so high.

How's everyone's heart rate ?

Three points which counts. Thank God !
What Heart beat Maria....it stopped several times during the game but we won that's what counts. Stuff of Champions do t you think?

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
I've aged several months after this one.... but this is what we need to do to win the title.

Bring on ManCity next weekend. 5 more cup finals!

Imgoingred

TIA Reserve Team
Jesus fcking christ, the Refs aren't making it easy for us are they? (David Silva offside much?)

The race continues!

t34m43

Good win over a tough team, you know what you get from Sam.there are 5 more cup finals to go.