• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: West Ham v Liverpool (EPL 29/1/20 7.45)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 78’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Robertson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Henderson

Votes: 46 40.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [GOAL 52’, off 85’]

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Salah [GOAL 35’]

Votes: 52 45.2%
  • Firmino

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Origi [off 70’]

• Fabinho [on 70’]

• Keita [on 78’]

• Jones (on 85’)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
It’s Starting to Get Extremely Tight at the Top of the Table:

Liverpool.........................70 points
Chelsea+Arsenal.............70 points
3 West Ham’s..................69 points
Man Utd+Spurs...............68 points
Man City+Norwich...........68 points

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Routine. 19 points. Never doubted. Thought Henderson was immense - continuing his incredible form. Moving on to Saturday!
We are living in the age of Henderson
He is playing at a different level to anyone this year
He sure has benefitted from the fact that Gini is doing the same
And that Fab and Milner have hardly put a foot wrong when they have been playing
But he has been like a man possessed
And I hang my head in shame that i was sure we needed someone to replace him in seasons not too distant past

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
The London Stadium is so sterile even from the video. The design is so flat (literally!) and all width. Without the height to trap the noise, no wonder it appeared to be so dead. Was it that bad during the Olympics in London? I seriously don't remember watch the Olympics on TV. Such a pity that the Hammers moved from Upton Park to this soulless place.
I had a chat with a football fan at the Baseball games and we both agreed it looks a pretty neat Baseball field if not a bit short, it certainly suits Baseball more than it ever did football.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I had a chat with a football fan at the Baseball games and we both agreed it looks a pretty neat Baseball field if not a bit short, it certainly suits Baseball more than it ever did football.
i think it may suit Baseball cause Baseball is
(a) a dying sport
(b) not really a sport
(c) boring
(d) all of the above

Alright Now

We are living in the age of Henderson
He is playing at a different level to anyone this year
He sure has benefitted from the fact that Gini is doing the same
And that Fab and Milner have hardly put a foot wrong when they have been playing
But he has been like a man possessed
And I hang my head in shame that i was sure we needed someone to replace him in seasons not too distant past
You must repent by buying one Hendo shirt for yourself and one for me.

Alabama_Voodoo

Why I am here joining this morning. I grew up a US Army brat, essentially my father was stationed in Frankfurt Germany for six years in the eighties. During this time is when I fell in love with Football. My team has always been Dortmund. I played "soccer" growing up and alway found it my favorite sport to play. Now for me, my favorite sport is American College Football. The Auburn Tigers. War Damn Eagle. This is Jordan Hare.

Many decades later I found myself serving in the Army on a joint task force with NATO forces in Afghanistan. I made friends from all over Europe and particularly a gentleman from Liverpool. The year was 2007 and his love and passion for LFC inspired me and made me join the Anfield Legion. I have followed LFC since those shitty times in Afghanistan.

Years later when my manager Mr. Klopp left for Anfield I was heartbroken but elated for LFC. I knew he would turn them into what this team has become. Amazing and wonderful to be a part of this community and fanbase.

I LOVE THIS CLUB!

I LOVE THIS RUN...LFC FANS ARE TRULY BLESSED...

Seen it all

A Realist is a Pessimist with Experiance!
It’s Starting to Get Extremely Tight at the Top of the Table:

Liverpool.........................70 points
Chelsea+Arsenal.............70 points
3 West Ham’s..................69 points
Man Utd+Spurs...............68 points
Man City+Norwich...........68 points
Someone has to put this out on that Twitter thing. :D:D:D

NaturalNine

TIA New Signing
Why I am here joining this morning. I grew up a US Army brat, essentially my father was stationed in Frankfurt Germany for six years in the eighties. During this time is when I fell in love with Football. My team has always been Dortmund. I played "soccer" growing up and alway found it my favorite sport to play. Now for me, my favorite sport is American College Football. The Auburn Tigers. War Damn Eagle. This is Jordan Hare.

Many decades later I found myself serving in the Army on a joint task force with NATO forces in Afghanistan. I made friends from all over Europe and particularly a gentleman from Liverpool. The year was 2007 and his love and passion for LFC inspired me and made me join the Anfield Legion. I have followed LFC since those shitty times in Afghanistan.

Years later when my manager Mr. Klopp left for Anfield I was heartbroken but elated for LFC. I knew he would turn them into what this team has become. Amazing and wonderful to be a part of this community and fanbase.

I LOVE THIS CLUB!

Welcome and thank you for the great introduction!

0livetree

Other players will get the plaudits but this season is on his back, on his shoulders, in his image.. It carries the hallmarks of the stubborn refusal to lie down character which led to him refusing to be swapped for Clint Dempsey.
can you tell me more about this? I’d love to know the history
[/QUOTE]

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
A special mention to our captain.. Here’s to you Jordan Henderson..

He played no.6, no.8 and fullback with no drop off in quality or drive. He is the constant so far, a metronome of excellence, consistency and determination, playing at a the very top level.

Other players will get the plaudits but this season is on his back, on his shoulders, in his image.. It carries the hallmarks of the stubborn refusal to lie down character which led to him refusing to be swapped for Clint Dempsey.

When he lifts the trophy.. With his funny gait.. He will cement his status as one of our very very best.. Of all time..
Hendo has his full swagger intact and he is the perfect captain and leader for LFC. He is backing it all up on the pitch. I have never in my life seen a player as focused week in and week out as Hendo. Also being surrounded by Gini and Fab has allowed him to take his game to new heights, and he’d be the first to admit that. Jürgen never wavered in his support. On the contrary, he went out of his way to chastise media and pundits that questioned Hendo. JK always had his back.

Hendo has been immense. And if anyone is still talking out of their ass about our captain they don’t deserve to call themselves a supporter. Or as Klopp has said in response to the same thing, If you don’t think Hendo is world class then I don’t know how to help you.

Alabama_Voodoo

Hendo has his full swagger intact and he is the perfect captain and leader for LFC. He is backing it all up on the pitch. I have never in my life seen a player as focused week in and week out as Hendo. Also being surrounded by Gini and Fab has allowed him to take his game to new heights, and he’d be the first to admit that. Jürgen never wavered in his support. On the contrary, he went out of his way to chastise media and pundits that questioned Hendo. JK always had his back.

Hendo has been immense. And if anyone is still talking out of their ass about our captain they don’t deserve to call themselves a supporter. Or as Klopp has said in response to the same thing, If you don’t think Hendo is world class then I don’t know how to help you.
He do is a leader. Period.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member

FGred

I think that England are lucky that Harry is injured because since Southgate took the captaincy away from Hendo he has not performed at the same level as his club now he has a good chance of leading England to a trophy at last?

koptician

We'll go again!

I LOVE THIS CLUB!

Welcome to the fold!

Commando

Ad-free Member

I LOVE THIS CLUB!

Welcome to the TIA family @Alabama_Voodoo

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I grew up a US Army brat, essentially my father was stationed in Frankfurt Germany for six years in the eighties. During this time is when I fell in love with Football.
Can I ask where you’d lived in Germany?