• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: West Ham v Liverpool (EPL 4/2/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Milner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Keita

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Lallana [off 68’]

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Mane [GOAL 21’]

Votes: 66 66.7%
  • Salah

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Firmino [off 73’]

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Shaqiri [on 68’]

• Origi [on 73’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alright Now

This is the first time that I am posting. I have been a Liverpool supporter since 1964. So I know the ups and downs. Yesterdays result against West Ham though not a disaster are 2 points lost. Apart this, the performance leaves much to be desired. However Klopp needs to take the blame and he has to realise that his honey moon is over. No trophies in3 years despite 3 finals. Klopp should have never let Clyne go on loan. The writing was on the wall in case of injuries. Moreover all these injuries are these due to Klopp's training methods? I have a feeling that Klopp will finish like Houlier, Benitez and Rodgers by finishing 2nd. Some of the players he bought are not to Liverpool's standards. I am referring to Matip, Keitha and to some extend Fabinho. I do not know why he is sticking with Lallana who is past his best. Other players need to go such as Moreno, Sgturridge and Origi. Klopp has to win the league to retain his best players. Let us hope for the best in the final hurdle and strengthen in the summer. If no trophies are achieved this or the most next season, Klopp has to go.
Look forward to your second post after a few years summing up Klopp’s tenure.

redaderry

This is the first time that I am posting. I have been a Liverpool supporter since 1964. So I know the ups and downs. Yesterdays result against West Ham though not a disaster are 2 points lost. Apart this, the performance leaves much to be desired. However Klopp needs to take the blame and he has to realise that his honey moon is over. No trophies in3 years despite 3 finals. Klopp should have never let Clyne go on loan. The writing was on the wall in case of injuries. Moreover all these injuries are these due to Klopp's training methods? I have a feeling that Klopp will finish like Houlier, Benitez and Rodgers by finishing 2nd. Some of the players he bought are not to Liverpool's standards. I am referring to Matip, Keitha and to some extend Fabinho. I do not know why he is sticking with Lallana who is past his best. Other players need to go such as Moreno, Sgturridge and Origi. Klopp has to win the league to retain his best players. Let us hope for the best in the final hurdle and strengthen in the summer. If no trophies are achieved this or the most next season, Klopp has to go.
Welcome Charles. It'll be all ok when these bloody tight arse yanks sell us to an oil rich king as a personal money laundry. Then we will buy the three best players in the world for each position. Grrrrrrrr....... watch out Pep!!

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
The challenge Klopp has in winning the Prem is fucking massive and there's not a single fucking coach on the planet who'd have us pushing this close like Klopp has,we haven't got the best team,most money but we have a manager who can turn good players into excellent players through coaching and hard work and not with an unlimited transfer fund,nobody could've predicted the kind of injuries and illness's that have left us thin with selection,frankly when you think about it us still being 3 points clear is quite remarkable.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Welcome Charles. It'll be all ok when these bloody tight arse yanks sell us to an oil rich king as a personal money laundry. Then we will buy the three best players in the world for each position. Grrrrrrrr....... watch out Pep!!
Only three for each position? The oil rich kings are tight arsed b'stards. I say ORK out. :rolleyes:

Commando

Ad-free Member
Sorry for doom and glooming you :celebrating: Seems most posts on here go this road or detour down the blind faith and optimism route ....the nature of the beast. I want Liverpool to win this title more than anything, and i would gladly donate blood to cover that trophy in red. I err on the side of pessimism because it hurts much less when you dont get what you want. A few years back I saw Suarez tear the Premier League apart with a display of football i had never seen or probably will never see again.......but the history books just say Man City won the title.
I'm the same as you on this one. Call it "erring on the side of caution" or I'd even go as far as saying its "whinging it in" to some extent on my part. I'm in a "it's the hope that kills you" mood about this season. I've wanted this season to be over since we went ahead of City a few weeks ago. I still feel sick when I think of 13/14. I know that Jurgen's credo is for us to believe,
I do try not to be negative in my posts on TIA and especially match day/post match threads. Let's face it. We all support The Reds and want them to succeed, but we're all different. Some glass half full, some glass half empty. It's important though that we respect each other's take on our games and season and not fall out over the coming season.

Flobs

FADA
Jesus, Flobs. Our form to this point has only been bettered by three other teams in the entire history of football.

I’m genuinely confused about what d count as a good spell in your eyes.
Ah! something I can reply intelligently to (if I am capable). ;-)
You missed my point, dispite getting the results we haven't looked 'that good'. I'm waiting for us not only to get the results but look good doing it. :)
That will be the good spell.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Charles I think you are a troll. 1 post when we are top of the league and you are calling for klopp to go. No, not having it. You are chalkie white and I claim my £5.

JMac8

Sorry for doom and glooming you :celebrating: Seems most posts on here go this road or detour down the blind faith and optimism route ....the nature of the beast. I want Liverpool to win this title more than anything, and i would gladly donate blood to cover that trophy in red. I err on the side of pessimism because it hurts much less when you dont get what you want. A few years back I saw Suarez tear the Premier League apart with a display of football i had never seen or probably will never see again.......but the history books just say Man City won the title.
Fair enough, I get that. I feel learned pessimis when it comes to Liverpool sometimes. However, no one can deny that Klopp has worked miracles. We may as well enjoy the ride and try and transfer positivity to the team!

Twansleypyg

Don’t be a coward. If you end up heartbroken, deal with it. That’s life.
Don’t be a coward. If you end up heartbroken, deal with it. That’s life.
Thanks for the life lesson. Rampant blind optimism is now the order of the day. Perhaps i should be 'brave' and shout from the rooftops about" titles there for the taking" and "give Benitez a knighthood" after Newcastle beat city, like many did........only to find my team dropping 4 points from the following 6 and at times hanging on to the shirt tails of 2 significantly weaker teams.

Barry O'Connor

We can criticise the performance without criticising the season. Everyone has the right to say we played shite when we actually did. Telling people we are top of the league and 3 points clear is all well and good but as a fan we have the right to say when we played shit. Last night was a terrible performance. I support the team 100% but I'm honest enough to admit when we are poor and we've been poor the last 4 games.

Twansleypyg

Charles I think you are a troll. 1 post when we are top of the league and you are calling for klopp to go. No, not having it. You are chalkie white and I claim my £5.
That's hilarious. Any team signs players for the squad before filling the bench. If we have to have players on our bench 'near the calibre' of City's then we would need to spend half a billion to fill our squad before we even think about our bench.
Btw, Sane was a sub in their last match and didn't play a minute. I would bet Klopp would have loved to have him in our starting lineup.
It's not that we cannot spend for such players, Klopp and the owners don't think there is a necessity to spend.
And If they think so, then I am happy enough.
Crikey. I am not asking for Liverpool to emulate Qatar FC. They would need to buy 100 players and send 80 out on loan. I am saying that we should have at the least 1 defender, maybe 1 defensive and 1 attacking midfielder, and a forward of the calibre of those in the usual 1st eleven on the bench, so that when injuries happen or we need/want to rotate, it can be seemless. Good youth players with potential can make up a squad and we have a handful alread. But dont for 1 minute tell me that Origi, Lallana, Henderson, Matip, Moreno, and Mingolet are going to fire us to the title when injuries and suspensions pile up, because even my new found optimism is stretched there. i can remember Klopp being asked about a similar issue and his response was that we would always have very good players who are unhappy at not being in the first team. MMM....well roll on an injury free season or some thunderbolts coming through the youth teams.

GKJacob

Guys we were 4 points clear last week, now we're 3.

We've lost 1 game all season. City have lost 4, Spurs have lost 6.

Get some perspective. This is the 2nd highest points tally we've ever had after 25 games, 1 point behind the legendary 87/88.
This is the mentality that we all need to have. There are far too many people already concluding that we've blown it. We drew two games in a row, against mid-table teams! We've come to expect too much from Klopp and the boys, they've been playing well for the majority of the season, don't let two draws begin to waver your faith in the squad.

Twansleypyg

Fair enough, I get that. I feel learned pessimism when it comes to Liverpool sometimes. However, no one can deny that Klopp has worked miracles. We may as well enjoy the ride and try and transfer positivity to the team!
I agree. I think Klopp is like a breath of fresh air and his exuberrent passion is what Liverpool have needed for years. Last year i absolutely loved the transformation - they were fantastic to watch. This year he has sorted many fans concerns in signing VVD and Allison as well as nurturing Arnold and Gomez, but the flair and dynamism in the centre of the park has been sacrificed for even more defensive security and to some extent the front line have not been the same as a result. I remember the great Brian Clough once saying that to be champions you need to have something in your team which frightens the opposition. He bought John Robertson- told his team to always pass to him - and told him to run at the opposition goal. The rest of the team simply mopped up the damage. Liverpools front line last year, and Klopps 'gurgenpress' were things which frightened teams. They were a good couple of defenders and a goalie short of perfection.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Crikey. I am not asking for Liverpool to emulate Qatar FC. They would need to buy 100 players and send 80 out on loan. I am saying that we should have at the least 1 defender, maybe 1 defensive and 1 attacking midfielder, and a forward of the calibre of those in the usual 1st eleven on the bench, so that when injuries happen or we need/want to rotate, it can be seemless. Good youth players with potential can make up a squad and we have a handful alread. But dont for 1 minute tell me that Origi, Lallana, Henderson, Matip, Moreno, and Mingolet are going to fire us to the title when injuries and suspensions pile up, because even my new found optimism is stretched there. i can remember Klopp being asked about a similar issue and his response was that we would always have very good players who are unhappy at not being in the first team. MMM....well roll on an injury free season or some thunderbolts coming through the youth teams.

I will give you Moreno, but why wont the rest?

If Hernandez, Phil Neville, Macheda, Johnny Evans, Phil Jones and the players of Leicester FC can fire their clubs to the title,
then i am pretty sure Matip, Origi, Lallana, Hendo, Mingolet, can fire us to the title when called upon due to injuries and suspension?

Red over the water

I gave you a like because kudos for being a red for so long, and also the first time post. Welcome.

Beyond that I mostly disagree. Matip was a free and is a fourth choice CB behind VVD, Gomez and Lovren. Not good enough to be a regular starter, but definitely good enough to be a squad man. But then again, he is injured too much and I wouldn’t mind upgrading. But as a free, and a back up player, it is what it is. Keita has been discussed at length. He hasn’t done enough yet, but he still gets a pass, just, while we remain patient. Fabinho has started coming into his own a bit and looks like he will be a good player in the midfield for us.

Lallana will go, so will Moreno, Origi and Sturridge. You can’t make all the changes you need to at once, but Klopp has changed a lot since he came in, and we are much better for it. Still a bit to go, mind.

As for trophies, we all want them! But I’m not willing to say a trophy is what will keep Klopp here or not. For example, win the league Cup and finish 8th in the league, and Klopp might go the way of Kenny, second time around. But lose another CL final and get pipped at the post in the Prem, and while it will be disappointing, it would be a much better achievement than the first example.

Anyway, I don’t mean to be argumentative, just disagreeing with the viewpoint, but welcome! I only remember back to Keegan leaving and Kenny arriving, so I doff my cap to you sir.

Red over the water

PS - If Charles Massa is on a wind up, then I’ve been had!

I just try to see the other person’s viewpoint and give mine, but I suppose there are some people who play games on the internet and like to troll and such. I try to take it as I find it, but potentially that’s naive.

Even so, Charles Massa, would you like my Visa card number?

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
We, LFC, haven'thad a good spell this season. I'm hoping that comes in the last 10 games of the season (league that is so hopefully will include a few other games). :)
Clearly you are getting way better weed than I

Dec 2018 = WWWWWWWW

That’s a good spell

Twansleypyg

I will give you Moreno, but why wont the rest?

If Hernandez, Phil Neville, Macheda, Johnny Evans, Phil Jones and the players of Leicester FC can fire their clubs to the title,
then i am pretty sure Matip, Origi, Lallana, Hendo, Mingolet, can fire us to the title when called upon due to injuries and suspension?
Well 3 of that 5 were certainly firing the other night.... Origi could not score in a brothel with £50 note strapped to his tadger, Matip is like a cartoon spider who needs telling there is only 1 ball on the pitch (but free !), Henderson (read web article about 'the best player who never did anything' - say no more !, Lallana is so slow i go to Anfield and think i am watching action replays, and Mingolet, well.....he has a pleasant smile and looks nice in green. Moreno is probably the most gifted out of them.

LeoT

Guys we were 4 points clear last week, now were 3.

Weve lost 1 game all season. City have lost 4, Spurs have lost 6.

Get some perspective. This is the 2nd highest points tally weve ever had after 25 games, 1 point behind the legendary 87/88.
I'm usually the most negative person on this site, yet I totally agree with the above comment.
If we offered our points tally and goal difference to Citteh, they'd bite our whole arm off (...and probably some of the shoulder too).

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Well 3 of that 5 were certainly firing the other night.... Origi could not score in a brothel with £50 note strapped to his tadger, Matip is like a cartoon spider who needs telling there is only 1 ball on the pitch (but free !), Henderson (read web article about 'the best player who never did anything' - say no more !, Lallana is so slow i go to Anfield and think i am watching action replays, and Mingolet, well.....he has a pleasant smile and looks nice in green. Moreno is probably the most gifted out of them.
You’ve already forgotten Origi scoring the winner against the blueshite then? Or the goal he scored in the FA cup against Wolves? Origi can score goals, he’s just very rarely given the chance.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
I thought Origi was alright actually, at least he made a run even if he missed.

Should be first change ahead of Sturridge these days based off the little we've seen in the last couple of months.

LeoT

I disagree with most of your assessments, in fact I'd probably argue that you don't really know what you're talking about.
And i think Klopp would probably disagree with you too, (...based on his team selections).

But hey, we've all got opinions.

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
To the chap saying Klopp has to go
Even if we finish 2nd Klopp has progressed us a hell of a lot since taking over
I'd rather have no trophies and improve hand over fist with a possibility of future success
than
fighting it out for 4th, 5th and 6th each year and win the Mickey Mouse Cup.
Ferguson won sod all in his however many early years it was
have patience and keep the faith
Any suggestion that Klopp should go anywhere is fucking ridiculous. We've lost one game this season. It's not our fault that citeh can spend unlimited amounts of money, but being in front of them at this stage despite that is one of the most amazing achievements in the modern game. People have short memories.