• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool (EPL 21/12/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

• Milner

• Lovren

• Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

• Robertson

• Henderson

• Fabinho

• Keita [off 58’]

• Salah [GOAL 18’]

• Firmino [off 75’]

• Mane [off 87’]

• Lallana [on 58’]

• Wijnaldum [on 75’]

• Clyne [on 87’]

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nur der BvB09

Job done!Now Wolves know who LFC are and why we re TOP of the TABLE you twat Feckers and feck off with your SHITFANS who think they are real or barca Team fecking daydreamers!!!
WELL DONE everyone today. UP the REDS and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all LFC SUPPORTERS WORLDWIDE!YNWA
p.s. Take a BOW AWAY SUPPORT

C

Caradoc

I think folks we’re watching something truly special right now. I think Klopp and his coaching team are the ones who really derserve the plaudits. That’s not to take anything away from the lads, of course not, but I think the coaches tend to get forgotten at times like this. Everybody, Owners, Coaches and Players are doing a quite incredible job. This side is the real deal folks, I’m telling y’all, its the real ....... deal! Its a privelage and an absolute pleasure to be associated with them and to support them!

big noyd

salah was magnificent, his body language says he knows he's back, his comfort with turning to the end line side is growing, and he was involved in both goals. think he might have 20 goals in him the rest of the way. van dijk had a first half slightly below his standard imo--and easy decision for me that he was MOTM & is our best player

playing milner rather than fabinho at right back is the kind of decision klopp nails because he sees his players as human beings

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Salah wins man of the match for me. He worked hard holding the defenders up, getting into position by pushing his way through and how many chances had he created for himself. With a goal and good eye for that assist, he wins the man of the match hands down. Close second is Van Dijk. We were a little lucky our mistakes didn't get punished, but Van Dijk was clearly pissed with our players eyes-shut clearance in our own penalty box. Robertson needs to chill the fuck out and keep it simple at times, that clear cut chance near the end fell on a teenager, if their number 9 we wouldn't have had a clean sheet.

Still a lot to work on. Our passes just wasn't the best, not yet. Some how I feel we are still not getting out of our second gear, maybe a glimpse of third gear here and there, by and large some of our forwards still stuck on second. Mane's touch, Firmino's passes, still not there yet. Our counter attack used to be our bread and butter, these days, it isn't anymore. Need to get back to that crisp counter attack moves soon.

Lallana I felt did well came on for Keita, who was hot and cold the whole match. Fabinho was very reliable, bullied by Adama Traore a few times (fucking truck that Wolves fella), but over all held his own very well. Lovren did well in the second half, but very much a suspect in the first. Probably Klopp told him to keep his head in the game till the final whistle during half time talk. Milner also improved in the second half and Henderson was reliable for being a nuisance.

We have yet to fully clicked like City, not yet. There are signs and it can be bloody devastating. All I hope for is to see someone who starts taking shots outside the box quicker. Chance after chance we overcooked the ball, not knowing whether to shoot or pass. We need players like Firmino and Keita put their foot through the ball at times, and I hope they start working on it fast.

Over all - fucking happy!

7th Earl

Job done!Now Wolves know who LFC are and why we re TOP of the TABLE you twat Feckers and feck off with your SHITFANS who think they are real or barca Team fecking daydreamers!!!
WELL DONE everyone today. UP the REDS and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all LFC SUPPORTERS WORLDWIDE!YNWA
p.s. Take a BOW AWAY SUPPORT
Excellent post on so many different levels.

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
Fantastic result in difficult conditions weather-wise. Virgil a giant among men once again, and had to laugh afterwards when he said: "I've got a cold, so I wasn't at 100%." £75m bargain.

Can't see many teams coming away from Molineux with three points this season, over the moon.

Top of the table at Christmas - happy days!

Last edited:

phil smith

The conditions turned the game into Sunday league standard. The whole team worked their backsides off so well done everyone. VVD was immense and is the best centre back in the world. Mo really sharp for his goal and was unlucky not to get more in the second half. Only one name for me for MOM, his first goal for us in the PL.

Herb

We are really fucking good. Never looked in any doubt despite us not being at our best and struggling with the conditions at times. Still made them look shite. Reckon they might be being overhyped a bit, basically Watford but with some fancy Portugese lads lashed in.

The reds are like Floyd Mayweather right now. You can try and lay a glove on us and if you’re lucky enough to survive getting knocked out we’ll still batter you on points.

Magnus

VVD was exceptionally good, but I had Salah as MotM due to him creating absolutely everything we had offensively. But I could have voted VVD, because yeah, he rocked it too. Fabino too had a really good day. The rest of the team were above average.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Very professional performance at a tricky place where other big clubs have struggled.

Keita really needs to get into games. He has a few mins here and there but not yet played a game where you are disappointed to see him come off.

Fabinho growing into the shirt every game. Few sloppy passes but on the whole solid performance.

Vvd - what else is their to add?

Top of the pops at Xmas!

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Virgil surly has to be drug tested the guy is fucking unbelievable. He is a fucking unit and yet can match pace with Traore who is freaking rapid. He has no weakness, he has no area he is "average" he is boss in every single element of the game. Fucking godman.

I reckon he's shoe in for Player of the Year already, 10 MotM or something already.. A huge part of us conceding 7 yes 7 goals in 18 games.. What an impact.