Post match: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool (EPL 21/12/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

• Milner

• Lovren

• Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

• Robertson

• Henderson

• Fabinho

• Keita [off 58’]

• Salah [GOAL 18’]

• Firmino [off 75’]

• Mane [off 87’]

• Lallana [on 58’]

• Wijnaldum [on 75’]

• Clyne [on 87’]

Results are only viewable after voting.

Libero

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to BBC Sport: "It was clear that the whole game would be difficult. Everybody wants to press. We want to be compact but wide as well which makes it difficult. We defended it pretty well. The heavy rain was difficult for both teams tonight. It was a big fight. We knew that we needed to be ready.
"The first goal was brilliant, it was cool. And the second goal - yes, well done! I am completely happy with the result and it is big for us. We wanted to surprise our opponent. It was brilliant - both goals. It was perfect football, especially on a night like tonight when it was difficult to play proper football.
"I saw some really good things tonight. We will be training on Christmas morning so it is like every other day. It is an outstanding number [of points in the league] - it is absolutely cool.
"We have Manchester City waiting and that will be really tough for the boys. We need to have different game plans but the boys showed they are ready for that."

tesh

TIA New Signing
I have to say it is either the three 1664s or we're looking pretty good.

The danger is injuries to Virgil, one of the front three or two of the midfield.... Though Robbo has been immense, we could probably cope with him being hamstrung/kneecapatated.

We have a team that is actually pretty good with the potential to fulfil an itch that is almost too sore to scratch!

All in all we seem to have a poise that has been lacking since (maybe before) the 0-2 defeat to the Gunners at Anfield in the late 80s.

Reckon January is going to be critical as far as the transfer market goes - do we strengthen (YES) or role the dice?

p.s. Even failure to summit is ok as we are actually good (going forward) and not reliant on (the odd bit of) luck! we will win... stuff.

Flobs

FADA
I think folks we’re watching something truly special right now. I think Klopp and his coaching team are the ones who really derserve the plaudits. That’s not to take anything away from the lads, of course not, but I think the coaches tend to get forgotten at times like this. Everybody, Owners, Coaches and Players are doing a quite incredible job. This side is the real deal folks, I’m telling y’all, its the real ....... deal! Its a privelage and an absolute pleasure to be associated with them and to support them!
I think that someone who can go on about coaches is bored.
Watch the football, there was some great stuff out there, yet you manage to think about the coaches whilst our lads are working hard.
Bof! I have no words left. ahhhhhh!

RodM

Good team performance against a decent Wolves team in challenging conditions. And 3 huge points in a fixture that our nearest rivals struggled in.

MotM to Salah who ultimately made the difference and looked to be our biggest threat throughout.

A nice early Chrimbo prezzie and a huge improvement in the entertainment stakes compared to last Sunday ( thanks Wolves).

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Superb!!!

Another clean sheet, another really great performance, fluent and spectacular in the first, controlled and composed in the second. A deserved three points at a difficult ground, against a really difficult team, packed with individual talents and an excellent collective cohesion.

You couldn't ask for more really, and it could have been a higher score for us with a bit more clinical coolness in front of goal. But hell, I won't complain about that, the lads look really up for it this season, fighting for every ball, never losing their focus. Long may it continue! :well done::well done::well done::well done:

Redsi73

Let's be honest... We've all waited a fucking long long time to see a Liverpool side so effortsesly good in all areas again.

A joy to watch and follow week in week out again, so hats off to everyone involved in the club, you're making us truly believe again.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
Job done!Now Wolves know who LFC are and why we re TOP of the TABLE you twat Feckers and feck off with your SHITFANS who think they are real or barca Team fecking daydreamers!!!
WELL DONE everyone today. UP the REDS and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all LFC SUPPORTERS WORLDWIDE!YNWA
p.s. Take a BOW AWAY SUPPORT
You know... I quite like their fans: hostile and ambitious. At least they know how to support (unlike other clubs).

We are just MUCH better than them. Top of the Table, and their antics don't mean shit in front of our superior skill. No need to look down on them too, too much (just a little).

Great game that! Let's just take it one game (ahem one win :-)) at a time.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Salah should be banned after tonight for playing with grip-fix on his boots, what sublime touch and control, he ran that forward line like an out and out striker. Pure Gold. One score one assist, Virgil had a mightly fine leaders game, but I have to give my vote to Mohamed! Truly world class which aint bad for a flash in the pan!

Flobs

FADA
Didn't anyone else have Mané as MOTM? :shocked:
For me our defense wasn't at it's best and VVD was part of it (even if the major problems were with Milner and Lovren which was no surprise considering Milnar is a novice). Salah was good and got a goal. However Mané was everywhere again and providing both attacking animation and defensive energy.

Noo Noo

Did VvD's shirt / hair get wet in that game?

Didn't look like it to me. Yes he's that good he can dodge the rain as well.

The level of control he has in the game is simply astonishing. It's almost like Beckenbauer reincarnated.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Learned two things:
1) we’re awesome
So time for this song now?

Did VvD's shirt / hair get wet in that game?

Didn't look like it to me. Yes he's that good he can dodge the rain as well.
He's aquaman, they don't get wet in the rain.... can't you see how he flows through tackles?

-The Analyst-

Job done!Now Wolves know who LFC are and why we re TOP of the TABLE you twat Feckers and feck off with your SHITFANS who think they are real or barca Team fecking daydreamers!!!
WELL DONE everyone today. UP the REDS and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all LFC SUPPORTERS WORLDWIDE!YNWA
p.s. Take a BOW AWAY SUPPORT

What's with the hate? I think Wolves are a great side, they play great fotball and run their socks off. Much like Liverpool.

Obviously they don't the world class players that Liverpool have, but that makes it even more impressive that they try to play that way.

I am quite impressed bu Wolves to be honest. Great footballing side, however today they met a greater team and lost fair and square.

But hats off to them for giving it a real go.

Coddite84

Brilliant performance. Solid and patient. Executed our chances, defended well. Love this team! ❤ #Weshallnotbemoved #YNWA

Cillian

Great game Mo and VVD were fantastic, but man of the match has to be Millie

Covering at right back, a really good wolves team targeted him throughout the game, he stood up to it all night, he ain't a world class Right Back, but he showed he a is world class pro with immense mental strength and an astonishingly great attitude

In an era where some pros who don't, he did, so tonight deserves the nod ;-)

Nur der BvB09

You know... I quite like their fans: hostile and ambitious. At least they know how to support (unlike other clubs).

We are just MUCH better than them. Top of the Table, and their antics don't mean shit in front of our superior skill. No need to look down on them too, too much (just a little).

Great game that! Let's just take it one game (ahem one win :-)) at a time.
What's with the hate? I think Wolves are a great side, they play great fotball and run their socks off. Much like Liverpool.

Obviously they don't the world class players that Liverpool have, but that makes it even more impressive that they try to play that way.

I am quite impressed bu Wolves to be honest. Great footballing side, however today they met a greater team and lost fair and square.

But hats off to them for giving it a real go.
I ve never denied their qualities for working the socks off but their fans are the reason i was pissed off beforematch. perhaps i did the mistake and have a sight of their Forum what they do think About us. That said now you know why i wrote that. cheers