Post match: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool (EPL 21/12/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

• Milner

• Lovren

• Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

• Robertson

• Henderson

• Fabinho

• Keita [off 58’]

• Salah [GOAL 18’]

• Firmino [off 75’]

• Mane [off 87’]

• Lallana [on 58’]

• Wijnaldum [on 75’]

• Clyne [on 87’]

Results are only viewable after voting.

Simfish123

A lot of you guys were too young to experience it but this was the norm for us back in the 80's how we controlled games. Patience is the key and like the teams of the 80's Paisley's teams especially we seem to have it in abundance.

Dimitriy

Mo, Millie, Virgil, above the others tonight....
Mo's form is on the up...I just hope he gives his Messi esque performance against City, a bit more concetracion, with the final touch
Milner is probably the best right back in the world, and something more :-)...a steam locomotive. He tired down the whole right flank
Virgil, simply immense !
Fabinho worked a lot, and he can learn from this game, what does a combative Premier league team, looks like !?
Mane played well, but it seems, it isn't his type of pitch... He also looks like he has a couple of games lag
A profesional performance...level of a trophy winning club.

jaffod

Fucking beautiful that. We were a bit sloppy at times which allowed them the ball in dangerous areas but on the whole we coped well with a decent team and difficult conditions. No passengers in this team that's for sure.
2nd half was relatively stress free and we could have scored 4 or 5 in the end. VVD, Mo, Fabinho were all immense and I thought Henderson and Bobby were great too.
I look forward to seeing the back of Wolves, they'll probably be back where they belong before too long, nothing against the team but their fans are cunts. Get back in your 1970's boxes you fucking black country bell-ends.

Dimitriy

Mo, Millie, Virgil, above the others tonight....
Mo's form is on the up...I just hope he gives his Messi esque performance against City, a bit more concetracion, with the final touch
Milner is probably the best right back in the world, and something more :-)...a steam locomotive. He tired down the whole right flank left flank
Virgil, simply immense !
Fabinho worked a lot, and he can learn from this game, what does a combative Premier league team, looks like !?
Mane played well, but it seems, it isn't his type of pitch... He also looks like he has a couple of games lag
A profesional performance...level of a trophy winning club.

Magnus

Traore was brilliant at finding dead ends.
He is actually a good player, but very much the unfinished product. He excels against a disorganised defense on the rout. I have seen some Wolves matches this season and he has been brought on as an impact sub a fair few times, often with great effect when the opponents defence is tired. He will only get better with time, but yeah, as for now, he is not near the level that our best players are at.

Werder4life

That was a tough piece of work. Wolves gave us the 3rd toughest match of the season so far imho (after City and Chelsea) - they really look a settled side with lots of quality - good , precise and quick passing , good shape and movement , some speed as well.
The finishing was fortunately off.

Still we got them done. Amazing workrate by everybody. Good overall defensive control by us but a LOT of individual mistakes all over the shop - I put that down on the conditions - but it could have cost us.

VVD my Motm , closely followed by Mo , Bobby and Fabinho. Hendo had another very good game and Sadio really deseves an extra loud shout , because today I noticed that he has developed a very unselfish hard work style that really benefits our defense and turnover rate. He is always a threat , isn't afraid to get stuck in and when his finnishing touch is back , oppositions are really going to be in trouble.

Robbo had a wierd game today (by his standards) , Millner struggled a lot (lingering injury?) and Dejan really , really got away with a lot of ... hm ... edgy defending today. Had his match jinxed as expected :tongue:. Didn't do us any harm though.

All in all I thought the match was a brilliant warm up (in style of game) for Arsenal and City , such was the quality level - almost what you would expect from matches against those teams under similar conditions. Can't wait for these.

Merry Christmas everyone - couldn't get mutch better than this :well done:

Last edited:

dockers_strike

Nice. What more could you want at this time of year? What a cheek of the Sky commentator at the end saying we 'hardly deserved to be in the lead at half time'! What game was he commenting on? OK, Alisson spilled one in the torrid conditions but so did the Wolves keeper yet I didnt hear any doubting comments about him.

A great game by van Dijk and it's about time he netted again, a really nice taken goal. Thought Fabinho was excellent again but van Dijk just shades MoTM for me. Good performance all over the pitch and maybe we rode our luck at times but then again, tell me a title winning side that doesnt?

Yes, there were some sloppy balls out there but again, the conditions didnt help. Poor Bobby looked bloody freezing when he came off. It's good our players look hacked off at being subbed, shows how much they want to play.

I fully expect that dinosaur that is Hodgson to see his team get absolutely battered at City tomorrow so expect to be 1 point ahead by the time we play Newcastle on boxing day. Eagerly looking forward to that now. Happy Christmas everyone!

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
4 points ahead of Citeh! (Until tomorrow at least). I’m not going to be critical of anyone tonight, just full of praise for a winning performance from the boys. Difficult place to go to, Wolves like to play football, unlike Burnley.
Their fans don’t half whinge and moan a lot though, constant booing over nothing.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
The way we closed down that game in the second half was brilliant. They never had a sniff after half time. A very good team easily beaten in the end.

Running out of words to describe just how good we are. 30 years of hurt have conditioned me to always fear the worst but I just can't see any weaknesses right now. I am just savouring it and enjoying it because this is something really special we're being treated to here.

jaffod

SAME OLD SCOUSERS,
ALWAYS WINNING

Take that you despicable fucking twats with your nasty chanting.
The silence from all sections of the media is deafening, as usual. Only took 4 minutes tonight for 'sign on' and 'feed the scousers' to get a good airing. Wonder what Connor Coady thought? Maybe he just pretends it doesn't happen, a bit like Rooney did for 12 years.
Newcastle next, expect the same from the loveable Geordies.