Post match: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool (EPL 21/12/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

• Milner

• Lovren

• Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

• Robertson

• Henderson

• Fabinho

• Keita [off 58’]

• Salah [GOAL 18’]

• Firmino [off 75’]

• Mane [off 87’]

• Lallana [on 58’]

• Wijnaldum [on 75’]

• Clyne [on 87’]

Results are only viewable after voting.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
That will do very nicely!
Top and unbeaten in the league at Xmas,and another clean sheet.
Have all that,anyday.
Mo has found his shooting boots,again,Milner showed yet again how versatile he is.
Wolves weren't going to be easy,really shows how good we are,nowadays!
Loving it.

scouseheadross

Septical
Dominant performance against a very decent team. Their longrange passing was exceptional - good coaching.

Salah looked decent as a proper 9. Fab fab apart from the early calamity. Virgil imperious though. Pair him with Snoogy Doogy.

Not just top but got 4 points lead tonight and unbeaten. Unreal from the lads and boss.

Next Rafa, Emre and Pep. Bring it on. Respect.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
VVD will obviously win this and deservedly so but I thought Hendo had an excellent game as well and Mo is looking good again. Wolves are no push over, good combo of skill, pace and physical strength.
Mentioned Hendo in the pre match forum, it's as though some are too scared to say hes playing well because some are just so blinkered in regards to him and is normally an easy scapegoat. Personally every player that pulls on the shirt I am always rooting for them to have great gameds

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Motm Fabinho...proving as indispensable and team changing a signing as Salah, VVD, and Becker. Fantastic tonight and slowly becoming our first choice midfielder

(honourable mention to Manè...knew he could pass but tonight such vision and deftness of delivery. Similarly impressed me tonight)

Salah....wow

StevieJayUSA

Little late to the party, but, shit, there’s still plenty of beer to be drunk here!

Top the table at Christmas and unbeaten. Well done lads! Have yourself a nog!

Another solid performance all round, but Salah my MOTM...just fucking everywhere, and drops a dime on Virg for the breathing room. Wonderful Christmas present this, now off home to celebrate with the family, but wait, more beer to be drunk!!

Up the top of the table Reds!

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Well i got to within 3 metres of King Kenny tonight. My mate bumped into him in the corridor when Kenny was on his way back from the prematch game talk. If only i was 20seconds quicker lol.
Was a good game from a neutral perspective, both teams had chances but it felt like we had another couple of gears if needed,

Top of the table for Xmas!!!

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
The goals against for this team is just ridiculous, and then I realize that the keeper was directly responsible for two of them, and it becomes even more ridiculous.

This is what our league form looks like as represented by a Christmas Tree. Merry Christmas.

W
W
WW
DDWWD

WWWWWW

Commando

Little late to the party, but, shit, there’s still plenty of beer to be drunk here!

Top the table at Christmas and unbeaten. Well done lads! Have yourself a nog!

Another solid performance all round, but Salah my MOTM...just fucking everywhere, and drops a dime on Virg for the breathing room. Wonderful Christmas present this, now off home to celebrate with the family, but wait, more beer to be drunk!!

Up the top of the table Reds!
Enjoy your evening/night. I’ve watched the Reds win and sung “Mack the knife” and The Irish Rover” on karaoke tonight.

Life is good.

COYR YNWA

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Thought Wolves played very well and gave us a tough game but our first half was poor, we cut a lot out second and we were much better, thought Mo and VVD were the stand outs and Henderson and Lallana were good (always plays well around Xmas).

Anyhow the only downside was the Wolves fans from the pathetic sign on song two minutes in (yeah Wolverhampton the epicentre of economic commerce in Britain) to booing any player who was fouled and went down, also that penalty claim on Milner was not only not a penalty it was cheating.

Anyhow second half saw us home, second VVD goal for us and the second on a Friday.

C

Caradoc

It impressed me that both sides played at the level they did for the entire match in such appalling conditions. I’m not going to criticise anyone from either side for struggling at times to get to grips with those conditions. It was a very entertaining match all things considered.

For a while Wolves looked like they were adapting better and finding ways to use the conditions to their advantage. It was very intelligent football from them. But overall we were the better side and the scoreline was about right. As the match wore on it looked more and more likely that we would take all 3 points.

It was a very professional performance from an extremely good Liverpool side!

Last edited by a moderator:

Flobs

FADA
A bit harsh just compare the number of goals scored and the number for assists Mane is different class and traore is very fast but offers very little else
That's not fair on Traore either as he is very good off ball which is why he can show off his pace, dribbling and lack decission making and creativity. :-)

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Got a text from a co-worker this week, saying, "Can't believe Liverpool is at the top of the league even though Salah is a shadow of himself from last year."

League leader in goals. Carry on
and yet...there is a truth there. He has not been at the same level. Still feels like we are in third gear, where a month ago we were stuck in second.

Next two weeks are pivotal, so let's just keep hearing about the incredible ManC, and how Solskjaer is going to turn ManU around in no time.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Watched this in Bali and felt so good about the win and don't know why, I felt really emotional. Liverpool and the fans are really special. Merry Christmas everyone, may all good things come to you and your loved ones.