Post match: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool (EPL 21/12/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

• Milner

• Lovren

• Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

• Robertson

• Henderson

• Fabinho

• Keita [off 58’]

• Salah [GOAL 18’]

• Firmino [off 75’]

• Mane [off 87’]

• Lallana [on 58’]

• Wijnaldum [on 75’]

• Clyne [on 87’]

Results are only viewable after voting.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
Salah enjoying the game, VVD really cool, Fab is fab, Milner on ribera, Allison a one man wall, Firminho silky, Mane everywhere, Dejan letting us know we have hearts, Robbo dependant, Keita learning about the EPL, Henderson upping his game

MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all

Red over the water

Very good! Van Dijk is imperious. It wasn’t as solid with Lovren having a couple of blips back there, but we still kept a clean sheet. Salah was good again too.

Top of the league at Christmas! And while I fully expect Man City to win tomorrow, it’s nice to be four points ahead and watching them respond. It adds a bit of pressure to know you have to win again.

Don’t want to analyze the game as such, other than to say GET IN!

Merry Christmas!

Clive

Such a great performance and result, leading into Christmas.

Deceptively tough place to go and get three points, but like Palace away, it’s another tricky assignment done and dusted for the season.

I thought we were pretty decent all over. Let’s not forget James Milner playing RB, he’s just a marvel. He’s more than a Mr Fix It, just a consummate, unselfish professional.

Early morning kick off here so watched it with coffee and the kids. Very pleasing start to three weeks holiday!

mmeck_lfc

and yet...there is a truth there. He has not been at the same level. Still feels like we are in third gear, where a month ago we were stuck in second.

Next two weeks are pivotal, so let's just keep hearing about the incredible ManC, and how Solskjaer is going to turn ManU around in no time.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. But Salah is definitely coming into form. He's holding up play incredibly well... being asked to do a different job, and I think adjusting.

Side notes: thought Mane was a mammoth today. Firmino looked amazing at times but had a few frustrating lapses. Henderson had one of his best matches in awhile. I know Clyne only had a few minutes, but I'm glad to have him back in the squad.

TAA sitting with the supporters. What a legend

Libero

Good win and an important win... first game of the weekend away to a good side, before Xmas and everyone watching. Statement win. Every week seems a test and we seem to keep coming through and passing them.

This team has changed so much over a year, confidence, control, composure and maturity. A pleasure to watch.

My dad texted me after half time, Virgil is as good as Hyypia, I responded even better but just needs to score a a few more like Hyypia did. He then goes and tucks one away, beautiful finish and such a good game in general.

I can’t be bothered talking about everyone, all the lads were brilliant again but a special mention to our captain. 300 games and a fantastic performance from him. Intercepted a lot of balls, broke up play and was very positive in his play. You know he is having a good game when the in match thread is quiet ;-)

Roll on.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Klopp will keep these guys grounded.
The title race is going to be epic.
Just don't say anything stupid to put unnecessary pressure.
At the end of the whistle, klopp just told VVD something, probably on these lines , don't talk about the title.
Let's hope palace does us a huge favour now.

melbournered

I hope that the result of this game has converted the doubters into believers,haha. I sometimes go into opposition forums to see what they think of us and below is a selection of comments from just the first page from a Wolves site.
"Best team we have played this year, their attacking play was superb"
"VVD is a monster, if he continues like this he will go down as PL great. He was sensational"
"This Liverpool team is class"
"They will win it by 10 points. They are 20% better than City. Klopp has it right from front to back"
"Impressed with them, they looked like they had another gear. Their keeper is actually a better signing than VVD "
" They are really,really good. The speed of their passing and movement off the ball is the best i've seen this season"
"Lovely side to watch"
"You need to see Salah in person to appreciate just how good he is"
"We are a good side, Liverpool is a fabulous side. I think they might just win it this year"
"Liverpool are the best side we have faced this year, the movement and pressing was superb.Great to watch them as a neutral,bad for us to watch as opposition fans."
This is how supporters of one club views us. They would have fancied knocking us over given their performances against the big boys so far this year. Onwards and upwards fellas.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
I hope that the result of this game has converted the doubters into believers,haha. I sometimes go into opposition forums to see what they think of us and below is a selection of comments from just the first page from a Wolves site.
"VVD is a monster, if he continues like this he will go down as PL great. He was sensational"
"They will win it by 10 points. They are 20% better than City. Klopp has it right from front to back"
"Impressed with them, they looked like they had another gear. Their keeper is actually a better signing than VVD "
" They are really,really good. The speed of their passing and movement off the ball is the best i've seen this season"
"Lovely side to watch"
"We are a good side, Liverpool is a fabulous side. I think they might just win it this year"
"Liverpool are the best side we have faced this year, the movement and pressing was superb.Great to watch them as a neutral,bad for us to watch as opposition fans."
This is how supporters of one club views us. They would have fancied knocking us over given their performances against the big boys so far this year. Onwards and upwards fellas.
Thank you for posting this. That's exactly what I needed this morning :-)

RedStefarus

TIA Youth Team
"Lovely side to watch"
That’s it then, we’re going to win the league. :celebrating:

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
This was a tricky match that City struggled in but we made it look fairly comfortable most of the time. That my friends is title contending stuff. They played in a way that we weren't used to seeing thus an average showing from us in the first half but by the 2nd half we had them figured out and it was smooth as silk sailing in the second half. Title contending stuff. Top class performances from Salah, Fabinho and VvD who just happen to be the spine of the team is also great to see. Though Alisson had little to do he still did it well and didn't let them back into the math like what would have happened if Mignolet or Karius were in goal. Some are praising Henderson for his performance but personally I didn't see it. He was for once played as the box-2-box midfielder and he provided nothing in the attacking half, still made sideways passes some long early on and 1 forward pass in the 2nd half that got us out of danger. Still expected more from him.

I thing we should not get carried away with is this thing with being top at Christmas. In the last decade or so we have been top 2 other times at Christmas yet finished 2nd both times while every other team that were top at Christmas went on to win the league.

Noo Noo

"Lovely side to watch"

Fair play to them for the honest opinions. I'd doubt you'd see that in certain other forums.

Nice to see.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Watching this team playing has me smiling from ear to ear. Different players, different formations it doesn't make diffference, we just keep on chugging along scoring, defending and most importantly, winning.

Klopp is doing an amazing job; we see the pieces falling in right before our eyes. Fabinho looks like this season's Chamberlain. Salah seems settled and completely adapted to his new role and Firmino too is getting more and more comfortable in his new position. Even more importantly players come in and the team doesn't miss a beat. Clyne, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Keita, Matip, Origi among others have all contributed. Van Dijk and Alisson are so good that it's ridiculous. In fact this entire Liverpool team is too good to be true. And yet it is.

I genuinely think that the biggest obstacle going forward is bad luck with injuries and fitness. Van Dijk set new standards of magnificence while being sick. Keita went down again. Imagine when he finally gets a run of games and he comes into his own.

We stay fit and healthy, it will be up to us.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
I’m refusing to let myself dream.
I did in 08/09 and 13/14 and it all went tits up.
I think this side is more like the 08/09 squad than 13/14 who were awful at the back, light in the middle and all about the front 3.
You can’t win a league with an unbalanced squad. We have our most balanced squad for years and we will now attract world class players who will want to be a part of this.
The 08/09 squad was solid at the back, grafting midfield and top forwards with the likes of Reina, Sami, Carra, gerrard, alonso, mascherano, Kuyt and Torres.
We have that now with Becker, VVD, Robbo, Gomez, Fabinho and the front 3.
One game at a time though!!!

Noo Noo

I’m refusing to let myself dream.
I did in 08/09 and 13/14 and it all went tits up.
I think this side is more like the 08/09 squad than 13/14 who were awful at the back, light in the middle and all about the front 3.
You can’t win a league with an unbalanced squad. We have our most balanced squad for years and we will now attract world class players who will want to be a part of this.
The 08/09 squad was solid at the back, grafting midfield and top forwards with the likes of Reina, Sami, Carra, gerrard, alonso, mascherano, Kuyt and Torres.
We have that now with Becker, VVD, Robbo, Gomez, Fabinho and the front 3.
One game at a time though!!!
Absolutely. City still scare me.

The table makes incredible reading at the moment. The points and the Goal Difference columns are pretty special.

Show me the Mane

Van Dijk 10/1 with betway for PFA Player of the Year a better bet than the 2/1 best price to win the league

Van Dijk now 9/2 with betway for the award hope a few of you got on. I think he has a cracking chance. Thinking about it Liverpool won't even have to win the title for him to scoop the award as I think the voting is done some time in April so will only have to be right up there at the time and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be