Post match: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool (EPL 21/12/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

• Milner

• Lovren

• Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

• Robertson

• Henderson

• Fabinho

• Keita [off 58’]

• Salah [GOAL 18’]

• Firmino [off 75’]

• Mane [off 87’]

• Lallana [on 58’]

• Wijnaldum [on 75’]

• Clyne [on 87’]

Results are only viewable after voting.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
SAME OLD SCOUSERS,
ALWAYS WINNING

Take that you despicable fucking twats with your nasty chanting.

Must admit I did not pick up on the chants. Thought they gave Keita a lot of unwarranted stick though.
This was a tricky match that City struggled in but we made it look fairly comfortable most of the time. That my friends is title contending stuff. They played in a way that we weren't used to seeing thus an average showing from us in the first half but by the 2nd half we had them figured out and it was smooth as silk sailing in the second half. Title contending stuff. Top class performances from Salah, Fabinho and VvD who just happen to be the spine of the team is also great to see. Though Alisson had little to do he still did it well and didn't let them back into the math like what would have happened if Mignolet or Karius were in goal. Some are praising Henderson for his performance but personally I didn't see it. He was for once played as the box-2-box midfielder and he provided nothing in the attacking half, still made sideways passes some long early on and 1 forward pass in the 2nd half that got us out of danger. Still expected more from him.

I thing we should not get carried away with is this thing with being top at Christmas. In the last decade or so we have been top 2 other times at Christmas yet finished 2nd both times while every other team that were top at Christmas went on to win the league.

With all due respect mate I suggest you watch the game again with an open mind and open eyes. Henderson did in fact play very well. Just because he is not a flashy player he is under rated. Jurgen obviously sees his value.

LaurazRed

The hopeful one
A hard match another huge win. The second half shows how far we've come! Van Dijk was imperious and he deserves that goal it's been coming. Super Mo, loved the build up and finish!

Merry Christmas to all. :celebrating:

Redsi73

Really impressed by how our performances have matured this season.

Heavy metal football has been replaced by calm, mature and patient football. We don't panic under pressure, we don't panic if the goals don't come straight away.

Loving this..... We just need a trophy.... I'd even settle for the FA Cup. Just some silverware to get us winning.

PL, CL and FA Cup would be very nice though lol

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Another three points and a clean sheet secured in pretty poor conditions, against a well drilled team, not short of talent, but with quite a bit of physicality as well. What a way to go into Christmas.

OK there were mistakes but it's only to be expected given the conditions and the intensity of the match.

The Mem and I are looking forward to watching the match again tonight, but from what I can remember of the match, albeit through a drunken haze, VVD is simply a monster; bossed defence and a well taken goal to boot. My MOTM.

Robbo is just, well, Robboscot. Duracell Robboscot :shocked:

Fabinho is getting better with every game. The odd mistake, but another brilliant assist. Lovely goal from Mo.

And I think Millie did extremely well, although I was surprised he lasted the full 90 minutes; at one stage he looked out on his feet. He had to use all his nous to contain Adama, who had him for pace, as well as having to cover for Dejan "liability" Lovren (about whom, least said, soonest mended). :rolleyes:

Happy days, & Happy Christmas Redmen :celebrating:

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Crazy to think we have..

The best Keeper (or at least as good as the best) in Alisson
The best central defender in Virgil
The best left back in Robbo
The best right forward / forward in Salah

Nearly 30% of our team are literally the elite players in the league with the vast majority of everyone else right up there as well.

Such a turn around in such a short period, bar Suarez Rodgers had no-one at that level.

Fantastic job by Edward, Gordon and of course Klopp.

P.s. Salah has 77 goals or assists in 77 games, that is off the scale.. And he hardly takes pens.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
I thought Wolves were like a Pullis team - dirty, over hard tackles- and they were very up for the game !! This is a game we would have lost pre Klopp. But Liverpool seemed to fin d a higher gear and passed the ball with mesmerising speed at times. I think we were business like, we were very classy, and its these games that show that we are real title contenders. So many good performances too.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
I thought Wolves were like a Pullis team - dirty, over hard tackles- and they were very up for the game !! This is a game we would have lost pre Klopp. But Liverpool seemed to fin d a higher gear and passed the ball with mesmerising speed at times. I think we were business like, we were very classy, and its these games that show that we are real title contenders. So many good performances too.
Yep nearly posted it looked like it could turn a little nasty just before half time. Although i dont think there was any intention to do that from Wolves, just over-competing, and when you dont have that much talent, you tend to push the competitive side of the game. Certainly not a Pulis, Warnock, Allardyce approach. I think it was emphasised by the heavy rain and skiddy pitch.

FGred

Van Dijk 10/1 with betway for PFA Player of the Year a better bet than the 2/1 best price to win the league

Van Dijk now 9/2 with betway for the award hope a few of you got on. I think he has a cracking chance. Thinking about it Liverpool won't even have to win the title for him to scoop the award as I think the voting is done some time in April so will only have to be right up there at the time and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be
I would put money on Milly winning players player of the year?

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Thanks be to Jesus- no, thecity player who missed a sitter in the lasst few mins.... manc and chelski lose Im gobsmacked ! I never would have believed we could be 4 points clear at Xmas !!! I was sonervous listening to the city game... so, beat them in January and its SEVEN points ?

Coddite84

Yass! Shiteh humbled by Palace..they are on the slide and we are on the march... could see them losing to Southampton too before we play them 3rd Jan... come on redmen... time to pull away!

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Yass! Shiteh humbled by Palace..they are on the slide and we are on the march... could see them losing to Southampton too before we play them 3rd Jan... come on redmen... time to pull away!
Personally think Leicester could beat them at home on boxing day, especially since they managed to beat Chelsea away today