Post match: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool (EPL 21/12/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

• Milner

• Lovren

• Van Dijk [GOAL 68’]

• Robertson

• Henderson

• Fabinho

• Keita [off 58’]

• Salah [GOAL 18’]

• Firmino [off 75’]

• Mane [off 87’]

• Lallana [on 58’]

• Wijnaldum [on 75’]

• Clyne [on 87’]

Results are only viewable after voting.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
No Matter how good city are, they are under pressure. They haven't had any one challenge them. They have set the gold standard. We are at the moment punching way about it.
Only time will tell if we can continue this splendid football.
Are city under pressure? Absofuckinglutely.
The more we keep winning. The more it will mess up their heads.
This Winn by palace will hurt them bad. They will try to come out roraring. But the fact is, now teams will have a go at city.
If we can go till feb winning against our rivals and unbeaten, we would be very very close to something incredible.
Still a long way to go. Let's fucking enjoy the moment.
Klopp is the best thing that has happened to this club.
I believe klopp. I BELIEVE.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
I think folks we’re watching something truly special right now. I think Klopp and his coaching team are the ones who really derserve the plaudits. That’s not to take anything away from the lads, of course not, but I think the coaches tend to get forgotten at times like this. Everybody, Owners, Coaches and Players are doing a quite incredible job. This side is the real deal folks, I’m telling y’all, its the real ....... deal! Its a privelage and an absolute pleasure to be associated with them and to support them!

I really really really want to give you a thousand likes for this post,
but I don't want to build my hopes up, just yet!

must stay grounded, don't get carried away,

Noo Noo

Scary thought

48 points after 18 games.

Extrapolate that to 38 games............:shocked:

Despite early season concerns it gives a perfect view of how things have actually been going.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I think this Liverpool side is a bit unappreciated. The media were wanking themselves daft over city this last year. Am I right in thinking our start is better?

Alright Now

Bonus

TIA New Signing
I think this Liverpool side is a bit unappreciated. The media were wanking themselves daft over city this last year. Am I right in thinking our start is better?
I would rather not have the media to be wanking all over us to be honest! ;-)

seriously though, I prefer them to concentrate on some-one else,
meanwhile we just fly under the radar, keep doing what we do best,
no attention on us, no media pressure, just racking up the wins and the points.

Nur der BvB09

Yass! Shiteh humbled by Palace..they are on the slide and we are on the march... could see them losing to Southampton too before we play them 3rd Jan... come on redmen... time to pull away!
Sauthampton under the guidance of Hasselhüttl are not to be underestimated. Hassselhüttl likes the high press game and run the socks off alike tactics. I was so happy the manc didn t noticed what he did at Leipzig to Point him out. I think they ll have a real go at citeh this time.A draw or even a loss is in citeh Cards as well.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It's always been that way and I am glad that we are. I recalled the 2014/15 season when we and our manager were overly appreciated, and we fell flat on our face. Unappreciated or under appreciated by the pundit and the mass is just fine for me. Long shall this continue while we keep raking up points and trophies.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Amazing what a bit of table pressure can do to the world's most hyped team....lol
Don't get me wrong, they are very, very good but now we will see what they and us are made of
last season they walked it with no pressure, now that we are stealing a march on them we can see if they have the bottle ! Mind you, I assume our young team are up for it too. nice to have a few league winners in the squad (Milli and shaq ) and the clam defence... however I think every red fan will be going crazy with the thought that this might be, could be finally our year.

Joe Gomez x

Bit late to the party but...
What a performance, was quite shaky from us for the first 15 minutes where I thought we might not claim all 3 points. Neverless Mohammad and Virgil came in to save the day in a enjoyable performance with some nice and no so nice periods of play. Quite controversially I thought Fabinho and Robbo played quite poor, especially Fabinho in the first half (excluding his assist) with him miss placing an amount of passes and often getting caught in possession. Robbo was poor all game unfortunately nearly costing us the clean sheet in the last 5 minutes, still love Robbo and still think he's the best fullback in the world at the minute, not even being biased ,generally think he is. Overall what a match , proving we aren't the same team we were even in 2014 slipping up to 'weaker' sides. YNWA

Show me the Mane

last season they walked it with no pressure, now that we are stealing a march on them we can see if they have the bottle ! Mind you, I assume our young team are up for it too. nice to have a few league winners in the squad (Milli and shaq ) and the clam defence... however I think every red fan will be going crazy with the thought that this might be, could be finally our year.
The Watford/City game stood out to me as they were cruising 2-0 with 99% possession, playing out from the back etc but when Watford scored the panic set in and passes were going astray and even Ederson was lumping it long and they clung on.
They don't like it up um

C

Caradoc

I really really really want to give you a thousand likes for this post,
but I don't want to build my hopes up, just yet!

I’m not saying we will win the EPL this season but I can assure you that based on all of my long years of watching and following this club Jurgen Klopp and this side really are the real deal.

This is the most convincing, best equipped side I’ve seen since we last won the League. There is an inner steel now that I haven’t seen for a long time. But this is also the most competitive League, with the highest quality sides, that I have seen for a very long time as well.

There are no guarantees of trophies but I would be seriously surprised if we don’t start winning some with this manager and squad.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Third best behind City last season and Chelsea 05-06. However, look at the average goals conceded column.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/saisonstarts/wettbewerb/GB1
What I also think is interesting is that the other two were seasons of utter dominance. Chelsea were 9 clear at Christmas, City 13, in those two seasons. LFC 18/19 has dropped two points playing the side with the 9th best start all-time. Our situation is actually a lot more like the 11/12 season.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I think momentum plays a massive amount.. Look at Leicester when they won the league, they weren't the best side by far but eventually it was like destiny had determined they were winning that season and lady luck shone bright.

If City wobble and we maintain our course, we will pull away and similar could happen. The goal against Everton really could be the tipping point into a run that takes us to old big ears no.19 and back on our perch.

Last edited:
C

Caradoc

I think momentum plays a massive amount.. Look at Leicester when they won the league, they weren't the best side by far but eventually it was like destiny had determined they were winning that season and lady luck shone bright.

If City wobble and we maintain our course, we will pull away and similar could happen. The goal against Everton really could be the tipping point into a run that takes us to old big ears no.19.

Big Ears is the ECL trophy!

Show me the Mane

If City wobble and we maintain our course, we will pull away and similar could happen. The goal against Everton really could be the tipping point into a run that takes us to old big ears no.19 and back on our perch.
Not only the Everton goal but Mahrez late penalty miss and Sturridge late leveller against Chelsea were all huge moments. I can only think of Arsenal where we led that is the only disappointment and even that is only a half disappointment as I thought a draw was about the best we deserved on the day

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Well Everton aren't doing us any favors absolutely shocking performance there, defence especially CB's have been shocking.