Post Match: Wolves 2-1 Liverpool (FAC 7/1/19 7.45pm)

Man of the Match

• Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camacho

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Lovren [off 7’]

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Moreno

• Milner

• Keita

• Jones [off 70’]

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Sturridge [off 70’]

• Origi [GOAL 51’]

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Hoever [on 7’]

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Firmino [on 70’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [on 70’]

• Total voters

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Mignolet, Camacho, Fabinho, Lovren, Moreno, Milner, Keita, Jones, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Klopp took the risk playing kids.

Cant blame him I would have done the same. We saw with Lovren the risk of playing first team players.

Not too fussed. The league is our primary goal, followed by the CL.
Dismissing it to that level though... puts a massive onus on it now to actually win one of those two. Not exactly an easy ask.

Redsi73

Absolute toss.......yeah its the shitty FA Cup, but thats a pathetic display

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Some senior players let themselves down tonight.. Mings, Moreno, Sturridge, Origi (goal aside), Shaqiri.. Milner looks unfit, injured or his body is catching up to him.

Keita was extremely poor, just doesn’t seem to have any fire in his belly.

Hoever was outstanding though, 16 man he was less than a year old when Milner made his Leeds debut! Madness.

Right decision in the long run I think.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Disappointed to go out so early.
Disappointed with keita, shaqs, milner, sturridge.
These are the players who you expect to lead in such games.
Hope these are minor oobstacles only.

Sweeting

Really don't give a fuck. We set up with the intention of getting knocked out and we have done that.

Focus on the competitions we actually want to do well in now rather than random games against Swindon to distract from going for the title.

Red over the water

Hard to know what to say. Down to 1/4 main central defenders, a few more miles on the clock for Mo and Firmino, and we still lost! If there was any doubt I think it became clearer who doesn't have a future here.

I want us to win a trophy so it is frustrating. At the same time this is the third priority, by some distance, of the competitions we enter. We are top in the Premier League and into the knockout stages of the CL, so that gives adequate perspective as to where the team is at.

But still. Don't like losing.

Hoever did well. He has a future. Several of them do not. At least not here.

Liverpoolry

I love Klopp and I know we are going for the premier league but wtf is this shite we have van dijk the only fit cb and he’s saying he’s not doing anything in the transfer market he has a massive transfer budget and why not jump in for a big strong cb we can’t count on lovern to do the job he’s not an lfc player and as for Moreno he’s a joke and should of been sold a long time ago. The only problem now is the pressure is on Klopp now because he has to get this premier league but there’s no way we can do that with out a cb

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
tonight we’ve seen my concern with not bringing any players this month (it seems).

The drop in standard with the likes of Moreno>Robertson, Sturridge and any one of front 3 is massive.

When City lose a player quality replaces quality. When we lose quality we can’t replace it.

We are still a forward and AM away from winning the league IMO.

mmeck_lfc

Totally fine with being out of the competition, but time to pull the plug on Lovren. Can't play effectively against top competition; can't stay healthy when needed.

Mignolet no chance on either goal. Milner single-handedly at fault on goal number 1... too much space in what I believe was his area for goal number 2. Poor service from him when he moved up in play. Naby was poor as well. Sturridge's lack of effort in rare matches can be frustrating.

Young kids played pretty well. Nice goal by Origi and good effort most of the game.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
We lost. And I am quite happy about that in all honesty. It's one less distraction which is a massive plus, we have bigger fish to fry.

Liked the performance of Hoever, the lad looked very composed and classy.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
I wouldn't be too upset by this, apart from loosing 2 straight and another year of disappointing domestic cups, I don't think it says much about our form or depth. When I saw the lineups, I was confident we'd loose this game. When you put together a team that is composed of fringe players, youngsters, an out of position first teamer and a backup goalie, all of whom struggle to get regular playing time and lack the cohesion of the starting 11, that's what you get. Some played stepped up and played well, others were seriously disappointing. After embarrassing Wolves last time at home, I understand they'd want a bit of revenge and they were up for it. Sucks we drew Chelsea and Wolves in domestic cups, would have been nice to have an easier run.

Maria

I am not going to lie. I am disappointed because I love the F.A Cup competition and it was part of my life growing up as a football supporter, it was like family event every year, akin to Christmas and Eid.

I really wanted us to progress in this competition. However, if it means sacrificing this competition for other priorities than so be it....."sigh" with resignation.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Ah, you can argue we have bigger fish to fry, but consecutive losses is never good, regardless of the 11 we field. I know some will argue this loss won't percolate through to the first team, but I think it dents confidence, particularly when the subs of our first team were so appalling tonight.

KJH my motm. Not sure whether I would be starting him next match if Lovren isn't fit, but a great prospect.

Last edited: