Post Match: Wolves 2-1 Liverpool (FAC 7/1/19 7.45pm)

Man of the Match

• Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camacho

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Lovren [off 7’]

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Moreno

• Milner

• Keita

• Jones [off 70’]

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Sturridge [off 70’]

• Origi [GOAL 51’]

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Hoever [on 7’]

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Firmino [on 70’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [on 70’]

• Total voters

Barnestormer

Left wing.
It has got me thinking to be honest, whether winning everything in sight really does garuntee influx’s of new supporters.

We just take for granted that it is the way things happen, but more than ever before external factors would influence these decisions.

I’m not suggesting it’s a bad thing or it doesn’t help, more thinking along the lines of the conversation between father and son/daughter about when a child first decides to follow a football team.
:shocked: impossible

Red over the water

Burton Albion in the semi final tells us a lot about what the league cup has become. Full credit to them for getting so far. As for Man City, the score line means nothing and everyone knows it.

I’d like to see the Prem teams limited to fielding an U23 team in the comp, or if that’s not a well thought out proposition, some other sort of modification is needed.

Limiescouse

Burton Albion in the semi final tells us a lot about what the league cup has become. Full credit to them for getting so far. As for Man City, the score line means nothing and everyone knows it.

I’d like to see the Prem teams limited to fielding an U23 team in the comp, or if that’s not a well thought out proposition, some other sort of modification is needed.
Arsenal at their peak under Wenger used to do that very thing. It's kind of remarkable that it has been going on long enough that most of the kids Wenger first started using for this purpose are now old farts an on their way out of the game.

Red Eyes

It has got me thinking to be honest, whether winning everything in sight really does garuntee influx’s of new supporters.

We just take for granted that it is the way things happen, but more than ever before external factors would influence these decisions.

I’m not suggesting it’s a bad thing or it doesn’t help, more thinking along the lines of the conversation between father and son/daughter about when a child first decides to follow a football team.

It’s an interesting one.

Domestically there must be a big ‘parent to kid’ factor.

The big untapped markets like India, China, Middle East are the interesting one.

Lots of clubs are setting up supporter hubs in these areas, I think City did a pre season tournament in China a couple of years ago with United.

My guess isthat success is a factor as the successful teams will get more coverage out there.

However there will also be more subjective influences. I’ll bet the injustice of Mo walking off in tears in the ECL final won converted some neutral viewers to become LFC fans.

If you were a ten year old with a non football supporting Dad in China, it’s probably less that you would start supporting Utd given their form. Things are changing in that respec (I hope).