• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Wolves 2-1 Liverpool (FAC 7/1/19 7.45pm)

Man of the Match

• Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camacho

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Lovren [off 7’]

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Moreno

• Milner

• Keita

• Jones [off 70’]

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Sturridge [off 70’]

• Origi [GOAL 51’]

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Hoever [on 7’]

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Firmino [on 70’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [on 70’]

• Total voters

redsky

No, I'm the new Zidane...
First one to say 'NOW WE CAN CONCENTRATE ON THE LEAGUE' wins...that was a garbage display and showed no intent, suddenly the Brighton game is very important indeed...Oh and since when could a team who have only won a League Cup domestically in a decade of trying be so blase about a major cup competition...pfffffffffffft...

Barry O'Connor

Hate to lose any game even friendlies. Lovern a worry now only one fit CB left. Some players had their opportunities tonight and now should never play for Liverpool Football Club again. I can handle not being good enough I can't handle lack of heart or commitment. We move on and we start a new wining run in the league.

Noo Noo

Well that was both disappointing and costly.

Lovren now has an injury, Keita's confidence must be completely obliterated, Sturridge mus be finished, Milner probably played longer than intended, Firmino and Salah had to play.

Too many negatives to outweigh the positives of Hoevre's performance here I think. Camacho too maybe.

General Sefton

TIA Youth Team
Couldn't find a way of watching the match here in the states, so appreciate all the banter in the Pre-Match. Thanks Guys!

From what I read, I'm a bit disappointed that the man-of-the-match poll does not feature the Crisp Packet, but is seems that we have a couple of shining youngsters ready to get more time.
Cheers

Liverpoolry

Really don't give a fuck. We set up with the intention of getting knocked out and we have done that.

Focus on the competitions we actually want to do well in now rather than random games against Swindon to distract from going for the title.
It’s alright saying you don’t give a fuck where are the trophy’s your saying focus on other comps you can’t put all your eggs in one basket

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I think we got what we came for. Which is nothing.
Wolves were better.
We played a team which showed our intentions and succeeded with our ambition.

Keita needs a kick up the ass. He looks really out of sorts.

I’m glad sturridge is leaving in the summer. He has become a waste of space. Origi offers more than he does.

Milner is showing his age at the minute.

Kids did fine. Especially the 16 year old.

Brighton next....

SBYM

Who's the fella owns this shithole?
I love Klopp and I know we are going for the premier league but wtf is this shite we have van dijk the only fit cb and he’s saying he’s not doing anything in the transfer market he has a massive transfer budget and why not jump in for a big strong cb we can’t count on lovern to do the job he’s not an lfc player and as for Moreno he’s a joke and should of been sold a long time ago. The only problem now is the pressure is on Klopp now because he has to get this premier league but there’s no way we can do that with out a cb
Huh?

Clive

We never had a platform in midfield to play hence Salah and Firmino mad no difference. Horribly exposed at the back due to the full backs high up the pitch.

Overall in this and the League Cup match I’m looking and hoping for quality from the fringe guys. Of those only Origi to me looked like he had the right attitude and was giving it a shake.

The young guy Hoever looked great, 16 years old, amazing.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Dismissing it to that level though... puts a massive onus on it now to actually win one of those two. Not exactly an easy ask.
This. I don't at all understand some supporters logic about not taking this competition seriously. This group has won absolutely nothing. This would have been something nice to go deep into. And now there are fewer opportunities for squad and "fringe" guys to get game minutes. So...what happens if those "bigger fish" trophies don't come to fruition? Hey but at least we saved the legs! It's arrogance. From the manager all the way down to the supporters.

EDIT: It has nothing to do with trophies or prestige. At all. The revenue is in the league and CL. A team can still "win" in each of those competitions without actually winning it. They are both serious revenue streams. So I get it from that perspective. Then just say that.

Macolfc

Absolute toss.......yeah its the shitty FA Cup, but thats a pathetic display
Don’t agree with that, so if the Fa cups shit then which trophy do we take seriously? In the league cup & the fa cup we’ve played like we wanted knocking out. Yes we all want the league but it’s a massive ask & if we fail then it’s probably another season without a trophy as we don’t look to clever away from home in Europe.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Thought Camacho, Hoever and Fabinho were good. That's about it really.

Most disappointed with Keita, that was a game he should have been influencing.

Moreno is a truly awful footballer and Sturridge is well past it now, I hope we don't offer him another contract. These performances are becoming too frequent.

Disappointing but not the main priority at all, do the business in our next couple of league games and get things back on track.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Early days but Keita looks way out of his league. Hes slow and sluggish. Palace away aside he’s been invisible in every game he’s played.
Early days but I was expecting something special when he signed.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
The youngsters were pretty good, Hoever and Camacho for sure, I was honestly disappointed in Curtis Jones, won't fault him too much but after his preseason, I'd expected him to make a bigger impact. Far more disappointed in the more established players who played poorly, Moreno, Sturridge, and too a lesser extent Milner and Shaq who had off games but have largely been very good this season.

Very disappointed in Keita though, this was the player who we waited a year for and thought would help push for the title. He's not even proved he's got what it takes to be a squad player at this point, let alone a key piece of the puzzle.

kwala

TIA Regular
Was a huge ask playing a team that weakend against Wolves. If we were playing a league 2 side it would have been risky.

What happened to Lovren I missed the start!

Magnus

Our priorities are clear. The league and the champions league. That is fine. Even so, even so, this performance, particularly the tempo, is some what frightening in that it was mundane, so....Norwegian league, that I worry a bit about our second and third best men. Movement off the ball was poor all over the pitch, so you could see that the guy who had the ball barely knew who to pass to. We upped the tempo when Firminho and Salah came on, but that was a bit late. One could see Klopp was shaking his head before the break, and that was indeed understandable, because this was decidedly average indeed. In fact, it was most probably beneath average.
However, this having been said (I have never been so negative before since joined, not that it's a long time ago mind you, but still, I am a positive guy), one can only hope that this does not damage morale for the league. I think we will explode against Brighton and give them a hammering, wanting to show how good we really are. I hope I am not wrong about the that.

redsky

No, I'm the new Zidane...
And we are really going to win the Champions League, right?

Alright Now

First one to say 'NOW WE CAN CONCENTRATE ON THE LEAGUE' wins...that was a garbage display and showed no intent, suddenly the Brighton game is very important indeed...Oh and since when could a team who have only won a League Cup domestically in a decade of trying be so blase about a major cup competition...pfffffffffffft...
NOW WE CAN CONCENTRATE ON THE LEAGUE

What did I win?

Red Ted

Sort of expected to go out but that was a reminder of some of the horror of the not so recent past watching some of those players, Moreno's all around awfulness, Mignolet letting in any decent strike on target & Sturridge absolutely coasting playing like he doesn't give the slightest fuck.

Keita looked lost out there for the most part, he reminded of a kid playing piggy in the middle against the big boys at times.

Fabinho done good job considering.

Clive

Thought Camacho, Hoever and Fabinho were good. That's about it really.

Most disappointed with Keita, that was a game he should have been influencing.

Moreno is a truly awful footballer and Sturridge is well past it now, I hope we don't offer him another contract. These performances are becoming too frequent.

Disappointing but not the main priority at all, do the business in our next couple of league games and get things back on track.
Agree about Keita. Performances like that and the stories about him not learning English make me worry. He’s a good footballer but perhaps not all we were hoping.