• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Wolves 2-1 Liverpool (FAC 7/1/19 7.45pm)

Man of the Match

• Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camacho

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Lovren [off 7’]

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Moreno

• Milner

• Keita

• Jones [off 70’]

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Sturridge [off 70’]

• Origi [GOAL 51’]

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Hoever [on 7’]

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Firmino [on 70’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [on 70’]

• Total voters

Clive

Thought Camacho, Hoever and Fabinho were good. That's about it really.

Most disappointed with Keita, that was a game he should have been influencing.

Moreno is a truly awful footballer and Sturridge is well past it now, I hope we don't offer him another contract. These performances are becoming too frequent.

Disappointing but not the main priority at all, do the business in our next couple of league games and get things back on track.
Agree about Keita. Performances like that and the stories about him not learning English make me worry. He’s a good footballer but perhaps not all we were hoping.

Liverpoolry

What don’t you understand . 1. We need to buy another cb 2. We can’t just put all our eggs in one basket with premier league 3. Moreno is fucking wank 4. I’m sick of ‘football fans’ saying it’s only the fa cup it’s still a trophy real or Barca don’t say it’s only the copa del ray

jaffod

Horribly fucking depressing.

Inevitable injury to a player who should have been sat at home watching on tv.

Several squad players showing exactly why Klopp gives them no playing time.

Genuinely never thought I'd say this but I hope I never see Daniel Sturridge in a Liverpool shirt again.

Positives?

Fabinho looks more than capable at CB and I absolutely loved that run from Hoever near the end.

RodM

Not a great one, was it? Given that this game was giving a chance to new or fringe players I think MotM should go to a debutant. All three did well at times but all made mistakes which is to be expected.

Given that he was dropped in early at the deep and and at times looked to have the confidence of a player 10 years his senior I've gone for Hoever. However I'd love to see any of the new boys starting in a full strength side.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
These days the only thing I get out of cup games is the quiet satisfaction of knowing that I no longer have to watch Mignolet and Moreno play every week. Hoever did well. Chuffed for the lad but we are now a bit fucked at CB with Lovren's injury.

Nice break for us now at the end of the month. 11 whole days without any football. Can see JK whizzing everyone off to the sun for a midwinter training camp. Ideal preparation for the run-in.

liver1

Have to admit, im not disappointed to go out early.

I did not want us having a run in this competition this year. Maybe we can have a run at it in other years. Not this year, its too important this season.

The Lovren injury leaving us with 1 central defender for Brighton shows how it could cost us in the next league game or in future league games.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Worst performance from a Liverpool team in a long while. We are NOT going to win the league because we do not have the depth or attitude
Attitude? Our attitude has been terrific this season.

Performances like this always happen when you make wholesale changes against good teams, I don't know what anyone else expected. We had 3 teenagers making their debut. Tonight is not in the slightest bit indicative of the performances we will see in the league.

wibseyred

Once again Sturridge is given a chance to put in a display and is like the invisible man. As for Keita he's looking a bust no passion no fight no energy piss poor passing. That one where he could have rolled in Salah was abysmal.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Look at the positives. We have a star developing in Hoever. The next Virgil VD. Jones did not do badly either apart from giving the ball away for the second goal. Fabinho proved his visatility with a sound showing at C.B.On the other hand Shaquiri seems to have lost his mojo and Keita getting caught in possession to often. Migs did not present to a big enough target for the first and Studge seems to have lost his appetite for the game.
Hopefully a few of the fringe players have done enough to attract some generous offers from other clubs and we can buy another striker and better cover for LB.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Apparently Lovren has never played more than 6 games in a row without getting injured? Is that true? Him and Matip are made of biscuits. Can’t rely on them.

dockers_strike

Disappointed to lose even if it is a competition we have to jib. Fears were confirmed when Lovren pulled up in the first few minutes. The Shaq desparately unlucky to see that free kick hit the post and bounce out. Again. Nice strike by Origi for his goal. Originally thought Mignolet was at fault for their second but I think his view was obstructed by a defender. That said, we didnt want a replay

Speaking of which, I guess the Moreno haters will be on his case but to me, Milner had all the time in the world with that pass but decided to try and shuffle the ball and got robbed by the attacker. Milner also gave away a number of easy balls again but hey, let's all clobber Moreno, eh?

Some very bright debuts none more so than Hoever.What a prospect this lad is. If he was at a red club down the East Lancs Road, the papers would be creaming themselves about him. Sure, we'll get some good comments about him but you just know it will be nothing like if united had found him. Camacho and Jones also looked very good although I thought Curtis tired heavily in the 2nd half. Nothing wrong with that given his age.

Big worry for me know is the centre of defence we are able to put out on Saturday. Virgil didnt travel with Jurgen being cryptic about his condition and Lovren must be a major doubt for a couple of weeks now.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Apparently Lovren has never played more than 6 games in a row without getting injured? Is that true?
Can't be. He had a great run the season before last.

Show me the Mane

Had Shaq's free kick gone in we may have gone to win it. Hoever looks a confident player. Camacho done okay although out of position a fair bit whether by design of tactics or man made I'm not sure
The silver lining is that 5 less games plus any replays we won't be getting injuries in and a blank match gives longer to rest and prepare for league games.

Liverpoolry

We are Liverpool football club and the players like Moreno and sturidge looked like they was playing for Barnet we can’t have shit players with a shit attitude playing for our club I don’t care if it’s fa cup or pre season the players should play for the shirt no matter what