• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Wolves 2-1 Liverpool (FAC 7/1/19 7.45pm)

Man of the Match

• Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camacho

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Lovren [off 7’]

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Moreno

• Milner

• Keita

• Jones [off 70’]

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Sturridge [off 70’]

• Origi [GOAL 51’]

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Hoever [on 7’]

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Firmino [on 70’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Salah [on 70’]

• Total voters

costared

TIA Reserve Team
These days the only thing I get out of cup games is the quiet satisfaction of knowing that I no longer have to watch Mignolet and Moreno play every week. Hoever did well. Chuffed for the lad but we are now a bit fucked at CB with Lovren's injury.

Nice break for us now at the end of the month. 11 whole days without any football. Can see JK whizzing everyone off to the sun for a midwinter training camp. Ideal preparation for the run-in.

No more than one game before Gomez is back and Matip is also close. Jurgen said so.

SBYM

Who's the fella owns this shithole?
I can't understand why Keita is not settling in. He was brilliant at Leipzig so I heard, if it was a language issue, how did he manage in the Bundesliga or he spoke German well enough to communicate on the pitch?
It's taking a while but I'm still not concerned. Ox took bloody ages to bed in, and he just moved up the road.

RedForever2014

You have to question the Bundesliga when you consider Matip, Karius and Keita were seen as top players there.

Anyone who thinks we have adequate cover for the front three is mistaken. Rotate any of that lot in during the run in and results will be at risk.

Given that most of those who played for us tonight wouldn't get in the Wolves side, they ought to stop mouthing off about not playing for us.

Seems like most of them fancied a warm weather training break rather than the 4th round. I'd send them to Siberia rather than La Manga.

Too many of our centre backs are too injury prone. Good job Fab looked ok at centre back.

Not the end of the world, but we need to do something in the transfer market this month.

JMac8

It wasn’t that great on Thursday and didn’t improve tonight. Winning is a habit but great teams make it an obsession. Loosing the plot halfway through the season is not good. I hope we win at the weekend but I wouldn’t guarantee it
Insert face palm

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Sturridge, Moreno and Keita were shocking! What exactly did we buy with Keita? Because I ain’t seeing it.
After that, Sturridge may as well f/off now, his attitude and application was disgusting. He looked like he didn’t give a toss.
Only positives were Fabinho at centre half, Heover’s performance and Origi’s goal.
Oh and Shaqiri’s free kick, the rest was shambolic. Feel sorry for the fans who paid hard earned money to travel and be subjected to that shite.

phil smith

His attitude isn’t good enough mate he’s been shouting his mouth if In the media look at Fabinho he’s not moaned he’s come to the club knuckled down waited for his chance same with big shaq players like Moreno who mess up a lot can’t run round shouting to media I don’t get why I’m not getting played
Yes I understand what you're saying regarding the press but I mean attitude on the field. Moreno must be the worst player we've had since Jimmy Traore but he's still at the Club. Unbelievable.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
I had hope during the latter stages tonight.

That night I had none.
That’s what worries me. The whole squad needs to be confident to step up and fill the gaps in the first team. The team we played against Red Star was also peppered with squad members. It’s not good enough. We will get injuries but can’t afford to drop our performances.
Confidence is everything and winning is the only thing that builds it. There will be players in that changing room thinking that we are halfway through a season and already out of two cup competitions in games that they were given the call. These games are just as much about must win as any league match and we cannot call ourselves winners until we start behaving like we are.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
9 points in the remaining 3 games later this month and all is forgotten.

WTF just 3 games left this month - what to do with all the spare time lol

alaskared

Kloppite
Any other season I'd be upset, but honestly having to only focus on the League ( and CL) is all I care about this time.

Feel a little bad for 2nd string players who are going to just have to sit around ( or pack their bags, eh Alberto?) with few opportunities.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Gave it to my fellow countryman Hoever, who showed us that he can play a bit. :well done:

As for the result, could not care less, we rested van Dijk, Robinson, TAA, Mané and Henderson. No FA cup means fewer matches to play and more time to recover and concentrate on the PL. Let Arsenal, Spurs and the mancs battle for that consultation price.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
The PL should be our main priority this season imo. Had Gomez, Matip, Ox and Lallana been fit we might have fielded a stronger side. Given the injury situation Klopp faced coupled with a lead in the league he made the right call.
The downsides of the game was watching the wankness of some of the senior squad players and the injury to Hobnob Lovren.

wibseyred

I can't understand why Keita is not settling in. He was brilliant at Leipzig so I heard, if it was a language issue, how did he manage in the Bundesliga or he did speak German well enough to communicate on the pitch?
That's the thing which has wound me up the most on Keita him not speaking English he knew he was coming here for 12 sodding months once again 12 months he has no excuse in my book. As for him looking good in Germany it might be indication of either the league is not as good as we think or he can't cope now he's at a much better side mentality small fish big pond.

Foldy

I can take losing to Wolves, it was a competition we could do without if we’re having a go at the league. It’s do or die this season

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
What was wrong with our attitude on thursday?

We've lost the plot?

You've lost perspective.

I think people are forgetting City just had a run in which they lost 3 league games out of 5, two of them being Palace and Leicester. Spurs got beat 3-1 at home by this lot and they didn't have a 16 year old at centre back.
Every time we have beaten City we took the game to them. Last week we didn’t. Second half saw us get back into it but by then it was too late. We were still unlucky not to get a result but I reckon we could have beaten them if we had played with confidence from the start. Tonight was just awful. We needed a win to get us up again, instead we lost and sowed the seed of doubt about our squad. That’s not great

ianrush

TIA Squad Member
disappointed by keita's performance. he needs to step up to the plate. he's better than that... :((

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Gave it to my fellow countryman Hoever, who showed us that he can play a bit. :well done:

As for the result, could not care less, we rested van Dijk, Robinson, TAA, Mané and Henderson. No FA cup means fewer matches to play and more time to recover and concentrate on the PL. Let Arsenal, Spurs and the mancs battle for that consultation price.
For sure!

Magnus

By the way, if anyone wonders where that lonely vote for Firmino came from, then I confess freely.
I thought the tempo was too low to properly judge the youngsters, even though Hoever played relatively well (though also got pushed off the ball, not that I blame him, just stating a fact). However, when Firmino and Salah came on something happened and you could see which player lead the show. That was Firmino, and the tempo was imediatly increased to acceptable levels. I know it is bizarre to give MoM to someone who was subbed on at the 70t minute, but I think that had more to do with how well the rest of the team played. But sure, Hoever was one of the best. Camacho wasn't bad either. So the youngsters were mostly positive . I don't vote for MoM based on how young people are though.
Anyway, I think we can more on now and beat the hell out of Brighton.

Red Ted

I can't understand why Keita is not settling in. He was brilliant at Leipzig so I heard, if it was a language issue, how did he manage in the Bundesliga or he did speak German well enough to communicate on the pitch?

Is there any possibility we can send Sturridge back to WBA. I have lost my patience with Danny, we have given him all the best medical care for the last 2 years and he comes on as if he is strolling down Miami beach minus his head phones. I don't want him at Anfield. He has had it too good now.
Moreno is just a liability, he does try his best, but is just not the standard that is required at LFC. He is better off in La Liga somewhere.
Keita is way off the pace, the intensity & physicality are not there, judging by that tonight he's getting further off pace than getting up to it.

That first half was slow compared to usual standards and he was often still a yard behind, I'm not sure if he's a bit lazy, it looks more like being clueless & being out of his depth a bit, it's disappointing to say the least, after Burnley I thought he would crack on but he's gone backwards, quickly.

Freeman

Better doing well in EPL and champions league because I start to be tired to see us eliminated from all domestic cup like a league 2 team.