• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Young Boys 3-5 LFC

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
Great to see us score a few. Johnjo was excellent when he came on. I won't get carried away but it was an enjoyable game.

Take it away guys.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Oh let us get carried away, we have won a game, its a significant day!

I'm thrilled, mainly for Jonjo and also Henderson who played so well, Borini did well when he came on! 5 goals, wow, now the lads need to take that winning feeling into Sundays game!

Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
an absolute thriller by the looks of it...so how's been that Assaidi lad ? and our youngsters as we're at it ?

looks like Enrique's been shambles again. very concerning....

Bambii

TIA Reserve Team
The other game was 1-1 , which is great for us!

Wisdom , Shelvey and Hendo impressed me!

gb1986

Really entertaining game, enjoyed every minute of it. Wisdom, Hendo and Shelvey were all brilliant, Assaidi and Sahin showed glimpses. Suso was really good on the ball but didn't work hard enough for me.

Thrilled, not going to get carried away, but it was really nice to see some young players out there. Shame Yesil didn't get a run out, but overall i'm happy.

More silly defensive errors is a little worrying, get a horrible feeling it's going to be a recurring problem this season.

Jonjo fantastic since he came on. Coates, Wisdom and Hendo also played really well and that Suso lad isn't half bad either.

Bambii

TIA Reserve Team
Hendo man of the match for me with very very strong performances from Shelvey, Suso and Borini. This team has shown much more hunger and inventiveness than our first team and should put some of those players under pressure.
Agreed. Don't think many people will realise how well he did , but man of the match for me aswell.
Didn't do anything well , created two goals , passed well. Worked hard , made tackles.

Gerrard needs to step up because Hendo or Shelvey may take his place

Bruce

TIA New Signing
Some very weak defending on both sides. But a very entertaining game and 3 important points, happy for the young lads.

Colin

TIA First Team
The more i see of our future midfield - Allen, Shelvey, Henderson, Suso, Lucas and hopefully even Sahin, the more i'm starting to worry that unless Gerrard starts being played some sort of advanced "in the pocket" role, or as striker, that he could start getting in the way of those other players (and in the way of our actual progress given his dip in form!).

Archer

TIA First Team
We scored. 5 times. :huh:

Defence continues to be shaky...not that it's the usual back four but still.

We've got a good crop of youth coming through, no doubt. It's some of the current seniors that concern me.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Over the moon for Shelvey now he is finishing he could be a big player for us in the next few months (hopefully years), wisdom looked good and alot more competent that eithier Carragher or Enrique, Coates is improving game by game.

Henderson looked good as well, Suso had flashes, Pancheo went missing but it isnt his position, Enrique mind he went off last season but that was dreadful he looked like Dossena in more ways

Will say this, the future is very bright

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Forget how the youngsters would cope. Carragher and Enrique were a shambles, and Downing offered bollock all.

Shelvey changed the game, but for for me Henderson was the real standout performer. He looked in control and assured in possession. He seems to suit Rodgers game, so god knows why he almost was sold.

Suso looks like a cracking player in the making and Wisdom put in an assured display at right back. The only kid who didn't do alright was Pacheco, and I think he is probably done here.

Great game but Enrique's form is a real concern.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Sahin, Assaidi, and Suso all proved today that they deserve another run out. Pacheco and Enrique were very poor. Wisdom and Coates worked well together on the right. Carra is old and slow, but he gets himself into the right place on the pitch so often.

I expect that this type of squad will be the travelling team for the EL's. If we can get some good run from forwards, I think we could advance out of the group.

5 goals! The 4th was a beauty!!!

icemanwan

TIA Youth Team
Great for the lads to come back from 3-2 down. Alarming how we have leaked goals from losing the ball high up and being counter attacked. I hope we can work on this before the match against Man U.

Jonjo came on brilliantly and took his goals well. Have to say the YB Goalkeeper was poor but credit to us for continuing to create chances and hitting the target especially after being pegged back.

Coates at the back reminisce of big Sam Hypia who is always there when we need him. Great goal too giving us the equalizer at 3-3.

The thing with Enrique is that he is a big fitness player. If he isn't fully fit his performances deteriorate pretty quickly (as we saw in early pre-season plus towards the end of last season) and I suspect that is the reason Brendan didn't play him against Sunderland. Today was good to get his fitness up before the United game but I wouldn't be surprised if Glen and Kelly started again on Sunday with Enrique coming in the following week.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
2 goals from open play...awesome work. The young lads did ok, I missed a bit of the second half but saw Shelveys two both of which were crisp passing moves which was great to see. Glad it happened when the first teamers came on, they made a massive difference.

All in all a good trip, don't think the Mancs will be quite so straightforward....

stevie864

TIA New Signing
Shelvey was obviously a difference maker - his directness was refreshing.

Borini looked a lot better than Pacheco by virtue of movement - Pacheco clearly isn't right for lone striker and drifted right out of the game. Downing didn't think - crossing at five-and-a-half-footer Pacheco so much was pointless.

Henderson, Coates & Wisdom applied themselves, deserve credit. Suso/Sahin/Assaidi didn't look out of place but didn't blow minds.

Carra, Pacheco & Enrique struggled a bit, the defenders will probably look better after playing in a few games like this one, Pacheco needs to be elsewhere in the system or in a different one all together.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
The result gets even better - Udinese equalized late versus Anzhi, so we are alone at the top of the group with 3 home games to play. Back in Rafa's day, that was practically through already.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Carra is old and slow, but he gets himself into the right place on the pitch so often.
At least two goals were his fault, due to being out of position.

I don't know how anyone could defend him, or his selection. Personally, it's heartbreaking watching a player I've loved to bits get fucked over by average players every time he plays. He needs to retire, because at the minute he is doing his reputation no favours at all.

He is basically a one goal handicap.

Colin

TIA First Team
kwala said:
What? Does the score line change the fact we created nothing for 70+ minutes, And defended like clowns?

1 comical og, 2 headers from corners. apart from that we played like individuals, and strangers for 70 minutes.

The game changed a lot when young boys pushed up.

At the point I wrote my comment we were playing like crap. Do 2 late counter attacks eradicate that for you?
http://forums.thisis...__350#entry2577

Some people are never happy. Even when a our youth team does something special. Unbelieveable. I mean, after all the shite we've had to deal with the last 2 years - a win like this is fucking boss. And i have to read this shit?

Quite possibly, I doubt he will get many more chances in the middle of the park.
First game back and played out of position (don't think I have ever seen him play as the lone forward even in reserve games). If Brendan really wanted to judge him he should give him more of a chance in a position which suits him.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
First game back and played out of position (don't think I have ever seen him play as the lone forward even in reserve games). If Brendan really wanted to judge him he should give him more of a chance in a position which suits him.
Agreed - all we really learned today is that he is a wide player, which we knew already.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Just to see so many of the younger players being given a chance was enough for me. The fact that we played well, won and scored five goals was a fantastic bonus.

Shelvey was a class above everyone else on the pitch when he came on. Also, a really impressive performance from Henderson. Defensively we were poor but we are always going to be with Carra in the side. Great player in his day, but his day was a long, long time ago.

It was a mad game. Probably a bit of a one off, but suddenly the Europa League got a little more interesting.