• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-Match: AFC Bournemouth v. Liverpool (25 January 12:45)

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
That's it lads, take a well earned rest of five minutes, including one who most likely won't feature on derby day.....puzzled...

WrongIslander

DeathOrGlory said:
Aaaaaaaand the sub!!!!

It's......Moses. The one player we aren't going to start on Tuesday.
I wouldn't be so sure. It's like Rodgers wants our players to be knackered/injured. What the fuck is he playing at?

Bob8

TIA Youth Team
I just can't understand why alberto gets only 10minutes playing time? The game has been ours for 20 minutes or so and he comes on at 83th minute. Why not give him more playing time in a game like this?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
The game is being played at a walking pace, fatigue won't be an issue.

DeathOrGlory said:
Aaaaaaaand the sub!!!!

It's......Moses. The one player we aren't going to start on Tuesday.
Not to mention if you are going to give 6 minutes to someone at the end of the game why not bring on Ibe instead of Sterling. And Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard + Hendo all end up playing the full 90mins (four players who are pretty much guaranteed to start in 2 days time).

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
WrongIslander said:
I wouldn't be so sure. It's like Rodgers wants our players to be knackered/injured. What the fuck is he playing at?
Doesn't trust the back ups. Plain as day

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
the subs are frankly puzzling.....why not take off henderson/gerrard/sturridge/ suarez instead? Just becoz' moses is good against lower league teams doesn't mean he can take on everton's full backs?!

t34m43

jhr8 said:
Gee spend 7 mil on Alberto and give him 6 minutes at the end of a cup game. Great for his development. Why not 20 minutes ago?
They be great future signings, but the Alberto and Llori signings have bugged me, think the resources could have been spent on a player Rosgers will use and let them both keep developing.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
theres always tommorrow said:
Anybody else think Brad has earned a shot at playing on Wednesday?
Unless you mean Cissokho has been so shit that Brad Smith could be looked at, then no.

WrongIslander

RichLFC said:
I don't care if he trusts them, it's his job to play the at times like this and if he's saying we're not signing anyone else then what kind of fucked up paradoxical message is that?

Still at least Moses looks like he'll be fit if Chelsea decide to recall him ...
theres always tommorrow said:
Anybody else think Brad has earned a shot at playing on Wednesday?
No.

tesh

TIA New Signing
jhr8 said:
Gee spend 7 mil on Alberto and give him 6 minutes at the end of a cup game. Great for his development. Why not 20 minutes ago?
Agree

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
RichLFC said:
As I said earlier in the thread, the rumour is BR doesn't play the players he didn't want unless he has to (Cissokho) Alberto, Aspas not getting a look in as a result as far as I can see...

Claymenza

We don't develop players. Development is for technology. What we want to do is EDUCATE players.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Full marks to Bournemouth. They have tried to play football... Good performance.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
charleslee89 said:
if he doesn't trust the players he and the committee bought, why even buy them in the first place?
Either:

They're not as good as he thought they were.
Or
He himself wasn't too keen on them in the first place.

tesh

TIA New Signing
charleslee89 said:
if he doesn't trust the players he and the committee bought, why even buy them in the first place?
Because it is the way and the light...

OOTer

TIA New Signing
Fuck me you'd think most of you have managed a football team before the amount of shit Rodgers is getting.

I can see why it would be good to rest some players but also why keeping the experienced heads on to see out the game calmly would have some worth too.

If we loose to Everton I can see everyone blaming this game rather than having no 3rd strong CM to play with Stevie and Hendo. Not saying we're gonna loose but i think people are writing those posts now already.

Congrats to the team. Grew into the game and grafted a result keeping us in the hunt for another trophy. Happy with what I saw today. Not ecstatic, but happy.

YNWA

t34m43

charleslee89 said:
I said on the other page the resources we have been given by the owners are have been wasted on a lot of average players. Hope I get proved wrong but Borini, Apas, Alberto, Llori, was a lot if money which I feel right now was wasted.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
ILLOK said:
Either:

They're not as good as he thought they were.
Or
He himself wasn't too keen on them in the first place.
if he wasn't too keen on them, he could've said no or else it's no different from working with a DOF...c'mon, aspas, alberto and brad smith shouldn't find bournemouth too difficult....

tesh said:
Because it is the way and the light...
apparently, he got blinded by that light...

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
We won despite playing far from our best, kept a clean sheet, despite a terrible pitch and loads of injuries, gotta be happy haven't we??

Status
Not open for further replies.