Pre-Match: Arsenal vs Liverpool (2nd Nov, 17:30 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
SteveG not supporting play at all. Needs a change

Austrian_Red

TIA New Signing
We are getting outplayed by Arsenal end of...They are good today, we not so.

We certainly looked better after Cou was in

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
jerusalemred said:
suarez why do you play so badly in big games!
Have you actually watched him against any big teams? Or do you just sit there, smile at the lovely shirts and post this sort of shite on the forums?

God almighty you're making a bigger idiot out of yourself with every post.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Gibbs got injured off the pitch, then came back on to lie down. What the fuck.

Archer

TIA First Team
Regardless of the formation, the midfield in this team doesn't cut it on most levels, especially energy. He's a legend, and he isn't solely to blame, but he looks old.

Changing formation that drastically at half time looks a bit amateurish. Been overrun.

Anyway, best thing now is for the players to forget this game and make sure it's a blip rather than the start of slippery slope.

Joe90

A Dalglish and a Rush and the Cup is ours
Look on the bright side: Chelsea lost to Newcastle.

It's a topsy-turvy season.

Nothing wrong with losing to Arsenal. They're at the top for a reason.

But don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if Liverpool won...

jerusalemred

Resident Fashionista
schmee said:
Have you actually watched him against any big teams? Or do you just sit there, smile at the lovely shirts and post this sort of shite on the forums?

God almighty you're making a bigger idiot out of yourself with every post.
idiot

trygve76

TIA New Signing
Arsenal have much more pace than us in the centre of the pitch and we had to play the absolutely awful Flanagan and a fairly poor Cissokho, neither of which have the required class, rendering our wing play impotent. That is the difference. Lucas looks like a pensioner and Stevie hasn't been a factor at all today.

OOTer

TIA New Signing
Austrian_Red said:
hahaha thank you football expert...never laughed so hard.
A quick scan through his posts reveals he is an expert in being angry and posing questions. Haven't read any footballing insights tho. Shame.

kwala

TIA Regular
trygve76 said:
Arsenal have much more pace than us in the centre of the pitch and we had to play the absolutely awful Flanagan and a fairly poor Cissokho, neither of which have the required class, rendering our wing play impotent. That is the difference. Lucas looks like a pensioner and Stevie hasn't been a factor at all today.
Stonehenge has more pace and Movement than our midfield!

Flanagan did OK. VERY far from our worst performer today.

slufsar

If Rodgers deserves criticism it is for not buying new midfielders in the summer. Should've been a priority.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
No point in having Sturridge and Suarez when there is little if any creativity behind them. I would give Allen a run.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
best thing about the 2nd half - my Henry Winterman Half Corona!!!

we are a work in progress, don't get too downhearted!!!

OOTer

TIA New Signing
jerusalemred said:
suarez why do you play so badly in big games!

Might have something to do with being marked tighter than a nun's fanny? Or lack of decent service, or no body helping him press?

Arrrghhh. Angry. Suarez. Rodgers. Scapegoat. Angry. Argghhhhh

slufsar

Joe90 said:
Look on the bright side: Chelsea lost to Newcastle.

It's a topsy-turvy season.

Nothing wrong with losing to Arsenal. They're at the top for a reason.

But don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if Liverpool won...
Yeh, they've had an easy run of games. We're now included amongst those easy opponents

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
jerusalemred said:
Well thought out response that in no way proves the point I was making. The only thing worse than our performance today is the bullshit you're posting.

trygve76

TIA New Signing
Cou has done well since coming on, but the corner deliveries have been abysmal. Cleared at the first post for the third time in a row!

jerusalemred

Resident Fashionista
can see the "managing expectations" SWAT team coming out of the woodwork like clockwork now.

When the whole team have no confidence, the manager has to take the blame. Its ok to loose to a technically better arsenal team, but not in the manner of even scuffing open goals or panicking defensive play when there's minor threats.

brush85

Red_Power_Ranger said:
Regardless of the formation, the midfield in this team doesn't cut it on most levels, especially energy. He's a legend, and he isn't solely to blame, but he looks old.

Changing formation that drastically at half time looks a bit amateurish. Been overrun.

Anyway, best thing now is for the players to forget this game and make sure it's a blip rather than the start of slippery slope.
Agree with all of this. Arsenal haven't even played their best today and we haven't really come close.

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
Don't understand why Coutinho has been taking corners today. Hasn't gotten it over the first man in what 4 or 5 corners? Utterly useless.

Union4LFC

Alberto needs minutes. He adds class to a MF that currently doesn't have any. Agger needs to be on the pitch. He is simply too good to be on the bench. I don't care how they figure it out, but BR needs to. We have a lot of one dimensional players on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.