• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-Match | Arsenal vs. Liverpool | Community Shield | Saturday August 29th 1630h | Wembley Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Klopp said he will be available for this game, but I wouldn't rush him. Let's keep him for the league opener.
I would I saw Williams play last night, he is not ready jet. This is a trophy so I want to win it.

No I idea how Arsenal is doing did they even played a friendly? Oh, wait they played the Dons yesterday and won, well I would take the @GermanRed lineup and we win 3-1.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I would I saw Williams play last night, he is not ready jet. This is a trophy so I want to win it.

No I idea how Arsenal is doing did they even played a friendly? Oh, wait they played the Dons yesterday and won, well I would take the @GermanRed lineup and we win 3-1.
Neco Williams had a torrid afternoon yesterday, but I think last season he showed he was ready.

Absolute no point rushing back Trent, and you’d be the first complaining if he breaks down. He’s too important to risk for a game that doesn’t really matter.

The Community Shield is nice to win, but no-one is organising an open top parade for it. Except City.

Zoran

I don't count it as a trophy, certainly not a major one anyway, doesn't enter our calculation which is at 48 at the moment.

But I want to win the game, perhaps more for the mental aspect, to start the season well against of the top 6 sides, which also beat us not long ago.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
I don't count it as a trophy, certainly not a major one anyway, doesn't enter our calculation which is at 48 at the moment.
I'll agree it is a minor one but a cup is a cup and I want to win it, much better than losing it. :cool:

But I want to win the game, perhaps more for the mental aspect, to start the season well against of the top 6 sides, which also beat us not long ago.
Agree.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
How the fuck did Giles not get sent for decking Keegan? The referee was looking right at it!
I actually don't remember that many complaints about referees in those days or even knowing or caring who was doing our game.

I just looked up who he was and it rings no bells at all. The only name I do remember from that era was Mr Fussey :)

Last edited:

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
This was a real friendly encounter LOL. When men were men....... 2.30 in

David Harvey, Leeds keeper missed a penalty in the shoot out. Keegan and Bremner got major punishment for taking off their shirts. Mad game.
I think Clough managed Leeds that day?

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
....on to this years event

Same team as @GermanRed
It should be taken a bit seriously as winning things is a good habit. I know its a friendly etc, but no harm in giving them a hiding so they remember their place in the pecking order.
Thiago with the subs in the socially distanced seating with a LFC mask on.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
This is a friendly, not a trophy. Went to the game last year and wasn't arsed that we lost and thought City's celebrations were odd as fuck, maybe they knew they'd have little else to celebrate.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Your forgetting that was against dirty fucking Leeds
No I'm not...I was there ;)

In those days there was actually a healthy respect between the two teams and so it was a bit surprising that it turned out like that. Clough was very scathing of Leeds and that probably contributed on the day. The Leeds players were not happy that he was in charge and probably fired up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.