• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: Arsenal vs Liverpool (EPL: 15/7/20, 8:15 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright Now

Bobby always scores against Arsenal.

David Luiz is available for selection.

Oh, and I can’t watch because I have a meeting and NBC has invented something called Peacock. So the time and selfless effort I have devoted to this preview is for the common good.

Who came up with the day/month/year format anyway?

Flobs

FADA

Oh, and I can’t watch because I have a meeting and NBC has invented something called Peacock. So the time and selfless effort I have devoted to this preview is for the common good.

Who's David Luiz? When did we buy him?

RodM

I was impressed with Williams and Jones in the last game. I'd be tempted to bring them on as subs with this one and start Minimino up front (in place of Mane?)

I wouldn't mind seeing Elliott get some game time but he is still very young and his time will come. Possibly sticking van den Berg next to big Virg would be an idea? I'd like to see another centre back as a regular option.

Other than that - can we try and win this one? I'm worried that we will start losing that habit.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
I have to say, Arsenal are the team I have wet dreams of us playing every week. At home. Our performance and our record there stinks. Last time our forwards couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Expecting our players to look like they have boots made of jelly on.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member

Wowsers, this man starting something meaningful? I think I have seen it all now.

We need 3 wins. Starting here. Otherwise the whole season is a shambles. Hold on, wait.......

Will this be the first time that Arsenal will host the current Premier league, European and World Champions? Another guard of honour coming.....

jaffod

I think I've been looking forward to this one more than any other game since the re-start. Because it's Arsenal. They are shite. And they have a cup semi-final in 3 days. And they're shite.
I hope JK and the boys are motivated to win the last 3 and rub those cheating manc cunts out of the record books after yesterday's ludicrous decision.
Full strength. No messing about. Fucking destroy them!

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
My friend is friends with an Arsenal fan who was hoping for the League to get cancelled, then once restarted ribbed us about not wrapping it up vs. Everton, then once we won it told us we could wait another 30 years to do it properly...love watching people move the goalposts! :ROFLMAO: I can smell the salt from here.

Regardless of the fact that he'll never know what it's like to win the Champions League, any sense of goodwill I had towards Arsenal is gone. I hope we emulate City's 3-0 at the Emirates in which De Bruyne pissed on them. They are decent going forward and I rate Aubameyang big time but Luiz/Mustafi/Kolasinac should start looking for jobs in the circus based on their clown defending.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
Their only objective of the season of us not being invincibles is completed, they have achieved whatever they wanted and doubt they care anymore about this game.
Yeah I was watching The Red Men TV interview with Robbie from AFTV...seemed to suggest that they will prioritize the FA Cup at the weekend. I mean, they'll get smashed there, too, but they still have something to play for in theory with that. FWIW, far from an Arsenal fan but I love AFTV...DT is a riot, Robby has a good personality, and the rest of the cast of characters are memorable, as well.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Under Klopp we've won once at the Emirates. We tend not to show up there as it's the case with Goodison and unfortunately and most distressingly the Toilet. This time there are zero excuses. Arsenal are most likely going to field a weakened team and they're a mess anyway. Anything less than a win would be unthinkable.

Let's get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.