• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: Arsenal vs Liverpool (EPL: 15/7/20, 8:15 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

t34m43

Do not want to sound bitter but those unbeatables drew a lot of games. In this era they would have probably been the team who went unbeaten without winning the league.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
Minamino looks too timid for the premier league at the moment. Hopefully he adapts soon.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Played some lovely stuff for the 1st half hour in fairness. Two mistakes from players who are normally rock solid made the difference. We have nothing to play for and it has shown at times.
We absolutely fucking do and if that is the attitude of the players they should be lashed. The title they won? Yeah means nothing now, next season has already started and we should be putting things in place for how we indeed to start it, at the moment we are building some very hard to break habits. If we don't sort our shit out fast (like this fucking game) City are going to be 10 points clear by November.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
What I struggle with is the complete failure of the counter. We get a good ball to break forward, and the forwards slow the game down EVERY TIME! Infuriating that we have such a potent attack that is not being unleashed. Mane and Salah used to rip teams apart. Now they allow opposition to get shape behind the ball

jabu

TIA New Signing
Thank you Jurgen, Never in my life time did i think i would see the day were we would have 90% possession against arsenal at the emirates...

Last edited:

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
What’s most frustrating is we have had lapses in concentration a number of times since the restart. If we don’t get the record, which it appears we won’t, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

That said, we won the League, which most of us would have taken in and of itself in March-May, let alone the last 30 years! :)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
It’s hard to find a balance between chucking a few in here and there or making wholesale changes and risking fielding a completely dysfunctional team. We’ve seen Origi and Ox who are usually on the fringes given some chances since the restart and neither have really contributed anything at all as of yet. You’d like to think players in their situations would be doing their utmost to try and force their way into the thinking for next season, but alas once you have achieved that ultimate goal getting motivated is obviously going to be a harder task and thus we should all really be cutting them some slack. I guess you just hope that in these games which mean nothing to either side quality should usually tell.
I always thought that Rafa was the master in this art. Changing generally three players from one game to the next. But not the same guys, he was slowly rotating through the team, apart from the two-three go-to guys, and so the whole squad stayed alert and in form.

Klopp works a bit differently. It's about mental intensity and togetherness of a relativelysmall group of players. Usually, this works very well, but in this situation, it doesn't seem to.

Anyway, we play a bit better now, but still lack that end product.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I feel for Ox. He’s one of my favorite players and even I have to admit he’s in a funk. He looks a player without any confidence at the moment. He is giving it everything he has, just not full of confidence. I get why he is annoying some but it’s hard for me to be critical of him.

Dark Metal

TIA New Signing
We absolutely fucking do and if that is the attitude of the players they should be lashed. The title they won? Yeah means nothing now, next season has already started and we should be putting things in place for how we indeed to start it, at the moment we are building some very hard to break habits. If we don't sort our shit out fast (like this fucking game) City are going to be 10 points clear by November.
Get outta here with that nonsense. This is the back end of two seasons of absolutely the best football I have seen Liverpool play (supported them all my life since the 80’s) and whilst it’s very annoying as a fan to watch I cannot have any ill thought towards these players, the mental relief that must be lifted off these players must be immense, and that’s not even taking into consideration the circumstances they are playing in.

We won the fucking league, enjoy it, they’ve not even had the award ceremony yet, I’m still brimming from pride everytime I think about how we’re champions.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Oh ffs what a waste of a sub, especially when you have youth that need game time.

Incognito

The Normal One

TBH this performance actually seems keeping next season in mind as we aren't pushing ourselves to avoid injuries, much typical of a pre season. The pressing and effort definitely seems so.

The lack of concentration and sharpness is something else though. Don't think it'll affect our games when next season starts, we'll back to our best when it'll matter I think.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Oh ffs!!! Minamino needs to go to Boot camp to toughen up, he is so timid, he has to be clever on the pitch.

I am frustrated, just because we won the EPL weeks ago, it doesn't mean the lads should slack off.

I am worried for Mo, he is not concentrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.