• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: Arsenal vs Liverpool (EPL: 15/7/20, 8:15 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red over the water

We should beat them, but then again, we should beat Burnley too. Obviously Arsenal aren't alehouse grocks, and I doubt they will foul Alisson on every corner and set piece, but then again, they have some decent players, unlike Burnley.

We are better, and in recent times they have tried to play us and that tends to play into our hands and we win easily. That's what I expect to happen, but after Burnley I'm taking nothing for granted.

How keen are the players to break the 100 point record? That will be a big factor.

I like the team posted above. No messing about. Let's win and win well.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Only issue is the two with Fabinho in midfield. I reckon Gini/Keita but Jones might get the nod to run at their back 3.
An early goal will finish them.

Obanite

Full time coo
The reaction video on AFTV should be motivation enough for the boys.

I'm calling 4-0 - Mane and Salah both on the scoresheet.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
Under Klopp we've won once at the Emirates. We tend not to show up there as it's the case with Goodison and unfortunately and most distressingly the Toilet. This time there are zero excuses. Arsenal are most likely going to field a weakened team and they're a mess anyway. Anything less than a win would be unthinkable.

Let's get it done.
What's crazy is that he's been at the club for (almost) five years but he's only played there three times: won his first one, and has been in winning positions in his last two trips there only to have to settle for a point.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I think we are at the stage where if a team scores first they’ll probably win or if they level it will end that way.

don’t blame the lads at all. They’ve given everything for 2 Years and have dropped off a bit which is fair enough.

Arsenal have a bigger game on sat in the fa cup so you’d think they may rest a few seeing as they only played Sunday. 3 games in 6 days is a lot.

TheSweetSilverSong

I think we are at the stage where if a team scores first they’ll probably win or if they level it will end that way.

don’t blame the lads at all. They’ve given everything for 2 Years and have dropped off a bit which is fair enough.

Arsenal have a bigger game on sat in the fa cup so you’d think they may rest a few seeing as they only played Sunday. 3 games in 6 days is a lot.
Well, Arsenal has dropped 21 points from a winning position this season. And the other way around, we've come back from losing positions this season a fair few times. But on the other hand, as a poster said above, our last two games we drew from a winning position there. Let's see...
I expect to see goals throughout the 90+ minutes. Just hope it will be mostly Liverpool goals!

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Arteta saying his players have played ’some crazy minutes’ since the football resumed. Wow! Playing two games a week, how terrible, how tiring for them. I don’t know how these pampered prima donnas cope with such a hectic schedule, it must so stressful for them.

brush85

Arteta saying his players have played ’some crazy minutes’ since the football resumed. Wow! Playing two games a week, how terrible, how tiring for them. I don’t know how these pampered prima donnas cope with such a hectic schedule, it must so stressful for them.
It is...thats why people keep going on and on about depth

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

And before anyone suggest my introduction is a tad hyperbolic, I will remind them that it certainly is a "must win", if we want the record points tally for the season.

Evidently PGMOL, no doubt thrilled with their bonus payments, courtesy of the misintervention of CAS, think that it's job done after david "a bit of a coote" coote's efforts at the weekend ensured our 100% home record went up the swanee, and have appointed paul "pie eater" tierney as ref. And in what can only be considered a "belt and braces" approach, they've put "no-pen" pawson on VAR. So don't hold your breath in anticipation of us being awarded a penalty tonight.

Anyway, here in the sleepy little hamlet of Lowton on Midden, what was this morning a grey, threatening sky, has turned into a black swollen mass of inky clouds, heavy with the thunder, lightning and rain which so often come in the course of an English summer. It serves to remind this island race that we must not get our fibre all sapped by eternal sunshine like the less favoured dwellers in more southerly climes.

And it takes more than dirty weather to quell Boudica's spirit when duty calls.

There are those who maintain, and make a nice income by doing so in the tabloids, that in these degenerate days the old, hardy spirit of the Briton has died out. They represent themselves as seeking vainly for evidence of the survival of those qualities of toughness and endurance which once made Britons what they were. To such, the spectacle of the Mem braving the elements, as she performs the rituals of hydatomancy & astrapomancy, could not fail to bring cheer and consolation.

It almost makes one proud to be British.

As for Lawro, nothing could be less likely to elicit such noble emotions; the wee, sleekit, cowrin, tim'rous beastie, no doubt in anticipation of engineering another mishap, has, wi' bickering brattle, spaed a one all draw.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:

Commando

Ad-free Member
Bobby always scores against Arsenal.

David Luiz is available for selection.

Oh, and I can’t watch because I have a meeting and NBC has invented something called Peacock. So the time and selfless effort I have devoted to this preview is for the common good.

Who came up with the day/month/year format anyway?

Aw diddums. And to think that the poor wee souls only had a full two months sitting at home in their mansions on full pay before this frenetic three weeks of footy that they’ve had to endure.

Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, tactics and formation to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA

redaderry

We win this to open the 1st>>2nd gap at the top of the all time league table from 167 points to 170 points; or, Arsenal win and they'll close in on us to 6768 points closing the gap to 164 points.
3 - 1 to the Reds

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Really not expecting much as neither side has anything to play for. Probably a 0-0 or 1-0 to them...prepared to be proved wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.