• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: Arsenal vs Liverpool (EPL: 15/7/20, 8:15 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richieh10

At this stage I would be pissed off if we don’t set the record points

Red over the water

Well, sitting in my office and just downloaded Peacock onto my iPad. This is the new streaming service with the NBC group, and there's a free tier, which I signed up for, that didn't need a credit card number on file.

Apparently the game will be on there.

As a sidebar, the streaming TV world is getting a bit ridiculous. We cut the cable a while ago to try to reduce the monthly bill, but since then it has been creeping up - AT&T TV; Netflix; Amazon Prime; HBO Max; Hulu; Disney+ and now Peacock. I'm sure there are others we have that I forget to mention.

The development of the industry is still in an early phase, and every bugger has or wants to have their own platform. I expect some of them to start joining together soon, as it is getting too ridiculous for the consumer.

Rant aside...

Arsenal are a half decent team with a few good players, but their misfortune is that they play football and fancy themselves to have a go. It is laudable, but because we are better than them the pattern in recent times is we tend to beat them quite handsomely.

They have a shot at qualifying for Europa.
We have a shot at an all time points record.

If we are hungry, or anywhere close to our level, we should win this.

3-0 Liverpool.

Get Alisson his clean sheet as he chases the golden gloves.
Mo and Firmino to score, and, whisper it quietly, Elliott to come off the bench and nab the third.

Last edited:

Zoran

Potentially a formation change by Arsenal, but as it's a tight schedule and not a lot of time between games... it'll probably be Tierney at LCB, Soares at RWB and Saka at LWB.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Potentially a formation change by Arsenal, but as it's a tight schedule and not a lot of time between games... it'll probably be Tierney at LCB, Soares at RWB and Saka at LWB.
I thought it was a back four, but you’re probably right. Arteta seems like the kind who knows his system and expects the players to fit around it.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Jürgen Klopp has explained the reasoning behind his decision to make two changes to Liverpool’s starting line-up against Arsenal tonight.

The champions restore Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Trent Alexander-Arnold to their XI at Emirates Stadium, with Curtis Jones and Neco Williams dropping to the bench.

Klopp said: “I liked a lot of things in the last game and we've had one more day rest between games, which helps.
"We had really good options on the bench to change, so there’s always the chance to try to start with two or three players different from the last line-up and then you can bring them back and stuff like this. That’s one option, of course.

“We decided for this time for this option and we will start with pretty much a similar line-up [to Burnley]. We’ve made two changes – Curtis and Neco, both of the boys played brilliantly [against Burnley].

“Naby could have started easily, he is in really good shape. Ox has a dynamic we need against probably a back five.
“We need to be very lively, we should be as tuned as possible against Arsenal because protection will be essential because the counter-attacking threat is really big.

“It will be exciting. We just have to play football against a football-playing side; we will have to defend as well, but the biggest challenge will be to protect our own attacks because on the counter-attack they have an impressive set-up.

wibseyred

Still seems Klopp doesn't trust Keita in games where opposition will attack us.

Herb

The way it’s listed on that post makes it look like that. It’s an interesting selection from them anyway, looks like they’ve gone with a team with a bit more running power and legs in midfield.

Personally would have liked to have seen Naby start. He’s had some decent games since the restart and imo is much more deserving of a start than Ox. Just don’t really see any reason as to why he shouldn’t be getting a consistent run in the side now he’s fit and especially considering Hendo is injured.

Herb

Still seems Klopp doesn't trust Keita in games where opposition will attack us.
Not sure about that. Over his two seasons here he’s started games for us against Barca, Bayern, Napoli and Salzburg in the CL. Domestically he’s started against Spurs, Chelsea and Leicester. Could be a case of him being carefully managed, Ox being better in training or any other number of reasons.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Do you think a record points total is not a motivation for Klopp/players?
No I am not sure the players will be too bothered about that. I have seen us win so many titles and they have nearly always tailed off after the title was secured early. Let's see what happens tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.