• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-match: Aston Villa vs Liverpool (ELC Q/F 17/12/2019 19:45)

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Kodjia is an idiot. He was never going to play for France so he switched to Ivory Coast and he's still one of their worst players. His celebrations against kids tells you everything you need to know about how desperate he is and how far his "career" is off track.
Never heard of him and neither will ever hear of him in the future.
Probably it will be the proudest moment of his bleak career and will tell his grand kids how world class he was against team filled with teenagers.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Nope. If I were Critchley I’d be telling Dean Smith to have a word with his lads.
im the opposite, let the burn set in, it might be tough to watch and take, but in the long term....

i remember years ago our experienced tough as nails centre forward gave a young centre back a lesson in hard, fair, and sometimes not so fair play.

the sidelines and coaches on the opposite bench were going mental....'hes just a kid'....was the general theme - relating to the more aggressive stuff......

half time comes and the coach had one thing to say (on that subject).....'fuck them, he wants to step on a mans pitch, he can play with the men, if hes not ready, its their fault, not ours'

it might seem merciless, but from a learning experience its doing them the world of good, and mentally, whilst i understand the train of thought that AV could act a bit more classy, i think it sends a better message out to our kids that they are equals, if they back off through 'pity' then whats that message?

Werder4life

Tough watch that. Most galling is to see how the lads gave wrapped gifts away to such a shithouse side. Villa - grown men - still sit back for most of it- waiting for schoolboy errors - and for all of the elaborate football the kids play , those happened unfortunately.
Really woefull at the back after the second sucker punch - they lost all confidence towards the end of the half.

Painfull lesson , maybe the boys can claw a few back in the second - but unfortunately Villa will just sit back and wait it out , with more counters to go in all likelyhood.

Grueling week. Werder shipped 11 goals in the last to matches , scored none and it's relegation battle time again. Now this. Depressing.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Tough watch that. Most galling is to see how the lads gave wrapped gifts away to such a shithouse side. Villa - grown men - still sit back for most of it- waiting for schoolboy errors - and for all of the elaborate football the kids play , those happened unfortunately.
Really woefull at the back after the second sucker punch - they lost all confidence towards the end of the half.

Painfull lesson , maybe the boys can claw a few back in the second - but unfortunately Villa will just sit back and wait it out , with more counters to go in all likelyhood.

Grueling week. Werder shipped 11 goals in the last to matches , scored none and it's relegation battle time again. Now this. Depressing.
It's not depressing mate.
I honestly liked the way we played.
We created quite a few chance.
Our experience let us down.
Just enjoy the game and ignore the result!

RodM

Well the only thing I'm disappointed about at this stage is the scoreline. The defence have made a few "schoolboy errors" which is exactly what you would expect. However the attacking play has been exhilarating at times. I thought we were certain to score on a few occasions.

The only problem now is that a few of those players are going to flake before the end so a couple of early substitutions would be welcome.

Anyway, how many of these guys do you think we will be seeing in the starting XI in a couple of years' time? Hoever and Elliott in particular look exceptional.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
im the opposite, let the burn set in, it might be tough to watch and take, but in the long term....

i remember years ago our experienced tough as nails centre forward gave a young centre back a lesson in hard, fair, and sometimes not so fair play.

the sidelines and coaches on the opposite bench were going mental....'hes just a kid'....was the general theme - relating to the more aggressive stuff......

half time comes and the coach had one thing to say (on that subject).....'fuck them, he wants to step on a mans pitch, he can play with the men, if hes not ready, its their fault, not ours'

it might seem merciless, but from a learning experience its doing them the world of good, and mentally, whilst i understand the train of thought that AV could act a bit more classy, i think it sends a better message out to our kids that they are equals, if they back off through 'pity' then whats that message?
Bang on, thrash the opposition regardless.

Herb

VDB played 20 odd times in the Dutch league at 16/17 didn’t he? Possibly shows just how poor the standard has become over there. I feel for him, he lacks any pace and just doesn’t look mentally ready for this level yet. Always going to be difficult coming over here at such a young age in that position. Might be best he isn’t exposed to these kind of games next season.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
So proud of our kids tonight, they have had most of the possession and most shots on target. They are up against a seasoned Villa team.
This game is a huge learning curve for them on how to play under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.