• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-match: Aston Villa vs Liverpool (ELC Q/F 17/12/2019 19:45)

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
He was poor against Arsenal.

I've seen numerous keepers at youth level for us who are better than Kelleher and haven't made it here, so I don't see why it would be too early to write him off.
Name me one keeper at Kellehers age for us in our history who were better than him.
Frankly, I find it way too arrogant to write anyone off, different people mature differently. Kelleher is certainly a good good keeper.
I dont know what game you watched, but he did save the crucial penalty.

Sweeting

Too early to write him off.
Dont forget , he was decent against arsenal.
Put him behind seasoned CBs and you willnonow how good he is. So far, he hasn't got that opportunity.
If Jaros was fit I think he would have been our League Cup goalkeeper this season.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Grabara? Ward?

They're just the recent ones. Gulacsi was far better too.

I also rate Jaros more highly.
Ward was defo good, but he is no where near Leicester first team.
From what I have seen, Kelleher looks good, needs a few loan spells to gain that experience and then probably have good career with us as a backup or maybe another team.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Villa can put that 100k prize purse to good use, probably better than we could. The highlight of Dean Smith and John Terry's "co-managing" careers. Well done men. Well done.

EDIT: whatever stream I have, they are killing Villa. Saying Liverpool have been the better side from the off, and that the scoreline is massively flattering Villa.

Red over the water

This does make the league cup look really shit though.
I’m not sure if it has a future with the way football is changing.
If it is to survive it needs serious reform. It should become a competition for the leagues below the Prem, or perhaps an U21 competition as there is a need to beef up competitive fixtures for younger players trying to make their way through.

Back in the day it was something. I remember winning the Milk Cup year after year. But it feels like it is losing its shine and has been that way for more than a few years.

Dave-D

This does make the league cup look really shit though.
I’m not sure if it has a future with the way football is changing.
The cardboard cup is really shit, nobody wants to win it as the two legged semi final just adds extra congestion. Not even mid table teams with no chance of top six or relegation are interested in winning it, should be scrapped like France did with their diddy cup.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
The cardboard cup is really shit, nobody wants to win it as the two legged semi final just adds extra congestion. Not even mid table teams with no chance of top six or relegation are interested in winning it, should be scrapped like France did with their diddy cup.
A 2 legged semi for this competition makes it even more LOL worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.