• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Aston Villa vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 11 | Saturday November 2nd 15:00h | Villa Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Next up Aston Villa away. Is this already a must win?

After the League Cup team picks itself:

Alisson
TAA Lovren VvD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mané

Y.N.W.A.

cynicaloldgit

Offside by an armpit
Ad-free Member
After tonight’s nine-goal (so far) thriller, you just know that this will be a 0-0 snoozefest.

LFCELCE

I'm in Amsterdam for business over the weekend. Any recommendations for places to watch the game with other reds?
Super thanks in advance! Stoked to watch a game ex-US.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
Main threats from Aston Villa got to be grealish and McGinn, Grealish very creative to good for villa watched him against city looked like he could handle himself a top six player easy, gets a free roll in midfield like Coutinho back in the day, lad has bulked some since his earlier villa days, most dangerous from a creative point, Wesley is not up to much, Villa would look at McGinn and grealish to chip in,
Its 3 p.m. kick off no TV a new 11 I expect to win by two or three. Win will give us a good psychological boost and will be the opposite for City who play After.

Red over the water

If Fabinho picks up a yellow card will he miss the Man City game? If so, I could possibly see him 'rested' and Henderson slotting into the defensive midfield role.

Villa Park will be rocking and they will be up for it. It's a fact of life that we have a bit of a target on our back these days. We are the European Champions and everyone wants to measure themselves against us. The Villa manager will be telling them horror stories of going back down to the Championship and playing in the shadows again. He will be saying these are the games they worked so hard to feature in, so they will be wanting to make it count. I fully expect a fired up Villa team.

As ever, if we play to our level we should win. I take nothing for granted, but our mentality is such that I think we will win by two.

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
Cannot wait for this weekend, sport out the ears with this taking pride of place for me. Think Ox should start and like the idea of resting Fab for the City game. 100% Lovren nowhere near the team, Gomez needs a run of games and to get his place back, such an unlucky player, whenever he's had a few games together he's become one of the best players on the pitch, such a higher ceiling than Dejan if you ask me. Time for a goal fest and a relaxed second half for a change.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
I’m in Dublin at the weekend , anywhere the 3pm Saturday match would be on live ? Any help appreciated
Harry's on the green might have it or Sinnots. Both are good spots in a nice part of the city. Avoid temple bar like the plague. Bastards in those pubs should be wearing masks.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Any 11 without Fabinho in it please. And no it's not doubting Fab to not be disciplined to avoid a yellow. It's the trust I have on the refs who will make sure he gets one though. Maybe for over celebrating or something.
He will play, if he gets a yellow, tough luck. I don’t personally want him to miss the game, and then be a bit out of touch for the City game.

It’s amazing how far he has come, so much so that none of us want him to miss the city game. The way he behaved when he was not in the team, should be a blueprint for every single player we sign. I know I will be pissed if we don’t play him, and then blowup against Villa.

I think 1-3 as I no longer like clean sheets.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Not sure Klopp is the kind who will not play his best 11 when they are fit. So I think Fabinho will play. To put it into perspective, every PL match is as important. Play your best 11, win the match, get 3 points then manage the next match. But he might surprise us, let's see.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Moss is the referee, he only refereed us twice since he totally fucked us against City and Spurs in 2017/2018. Let's hope for the best.

Joe Gomez x

Have to ‘drop’ Fabinho for this one to keep him available for City.
—————-Ali———————
TAA—Joe———VVD—Robbo
—-Ox——Hendo—-Gini——-
Salah——-Bobby——Mane—

Starting Joe because we know Lovren can have a run of games as them he slips in form as the games continue for him. Also against City last time , he got walked by with ease. Also against Sterling the pace against them long balls will be handy. So we need to build his match sharpness from this game onwards.
Rest picks it’s self.

[email protected]

Moss is the referee, he only refereed us twice since he totally fucked us against City and Spurs in 2017/2018. Let's hope for the best.
We can reasonably expect him to be blowing out of his arse by the 10th minute and 30 yards behind play on a regular basis thereafter.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I think if Fabinho was to be rested he would have featured against arsenal, so I expect him to start.

The only question I have is who to partner with VVD. Gomez has the pace but seems to have no confidence at all but Lovren doesn’t have the pace but has the odd crazy moment that always seem to result in us conceding.
Personally I’d go with lovren because his personality makes him feel like he is the greatest while Gomez seems to be hiding at the minute.

Villa park will be buzzing for this. Full house. They have the pace to trouble us if we let me so we need to stay switched on.

I also associate villa park with that Rosenthal miss. But I’m going to go for a 2-1 win.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Hope Gomez gets a start. We seen before how well Gomez and VVD works out and prior to Joes injury I had him ahead of Matip in the line up. He's the future and if we keep picking lovren ahead of him we could end up losing Joe and that would be a strategisk mistake of proportions cause young Joe obviously feels he's ready and his potential is skys the limit.

Rest of the side pretty much picks itself and I'm confident we're gonna win this one comfortable.

Incognito

The Normal One
Hope Gomez gets a start. We seen before how well Gomez and VVD works out and prior to Joes injury I had him ahead of Matip in the line up. He's the future and if we keep picking lovren ahead of him we could end up losing Joe and that would be a strategisk mistake of proportions cause young Joe obviously feels he's ready and his potential is skys the limit.

Rest of the side pretty much picks itself and I'm confident we're gonna win this one comfortable.
Doubt any of our line up is ever based on the possibility of a player leaving and hence playing him over what's needed to win the game. A player will always feel he's ready, but if Jurgen doesn't feel so, not just us even the player in question will now know he isn't ready.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Doubt any of our line up is ever based on the possibility of a player leaving and hence playing him over what's needed to win the game. A player will always feel he's ready, but if Jurgen doesn't feel so, not just us even the player in question will now know he isn't ready.
What you speak is true. But at the end of the day reality is that in the long run there's not room for both and I'm not even sure Lovren gonna be here one year from now to be honest. I trust Klopp, that goes without saying, but I really hope Gomez will get his shot while Matip is out, most likely it won't be this weekend as Gomez played in the cup but who knows it would certainly be a huge confidence boost for Gomez if he does.
We need to get this kid going again cause he will at some point look elsewhere if he keeps being the 3th pick for VVD's partner cause that's his status atm. This kid is just as talented as TAA in my book.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I think if Fabinho was to be rested he would have featured against arsenal, so I expect him to start.

The only question I have is who to partner with VVD. Gomez has the pace but seems to have no confidence at all but Lovren doesn’t have the pace but has the odd crazy moment that always seem to result in us conceding.
Personally I’d go with lovren because his personality makes him feel like he is the greatest while Gomez seems to be hiding at the minute.

Villa park will be buzzing for this. Full house. They have the pace to trouble us if we let me so we need to stay switched on.

I also associate villa park with that Rosenthal miss. But I’m going to go for a 2-1 win.
I think the main issue with Fabinho isn't fatigue, it's that if he gets booked against Villa he'll miss the City game.

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
I think he's going to play, otherwise he really should have been booked against Spurs. Got to hope for the best, and that this doesn't affect his performance...

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I think the main issue with Fabinho isn't fatigue, it's that if he gets booked against Villa he'll miss the City game.
Yeah, but klopp will know who’s starting against Man City and if he was worried about a booking and suspension he would have pencilled him out of the villa game but most likely given him some minutes against the arsenal. Unless he’s double bluffing. Or hopeful Fabinho won’t get booked. Who knows.

We will see against villa. Personally I’d play him against villa.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
That's actually a really good point. With Cl game coming up fatique could end up a problem for the city game but if anyone should be able to do it it's fabinho I think. It would be bit of a set back if he can't play in city game for sure. Especially with Matip missing in defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.