• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Barcelona v Liverpool (UCL 01/05/19 KO 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Told my shithead Barca fan son that we'll win 3-2 at their crumbling shit hole stadium,they are slow as fuck and i probably said 2 for them out of sympathy to my son but don't really believe they'll score,they ain't shit though and looked wank v Levante yesterday in their 1-0 win,Mane v Pique will be fucking hilarious.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Told my shithead Barca fan son that we'll win 3-2 at their crumbling shit hole stadium,they are slow as fuck and i probably said 2 for them out of sympathy to my son but don't really believe they'll score,they ain't shit though and looked wank v Levante yesterday in their 1-0 win,Mane v Pique will be fucking hilarious.
Kids eh
Who'd have em

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
This is definitely our biggest game of the season so far; it’s a must-win game with the potential to be a real banana skin. Still, if we can’t beat this lot then we don’t deserve to win the Champions League.

I deplore “the c word” but was considering using it for alliterative purposes. However, I simply cannot bring myself to do so, so I have had to devise an alternative: Coutinho is a coprophage.

treboeth

Do you run any parenting classes Scott?

Barca can get stuffed we are winning number 6.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
This is definitely our biggest game of the season so far; it’s a must-win game with the potential to be a real banana skin. Still, if we can’t beat this lot then we don’t deserve to win the Champions League.

I deplore “the c word” but was considering using it for alliterative purposes. However, I simply cannot bring myself to do so, so I have had to devise an alternative: Coutinho is a coprophage.
I looked up that unusual word you used with not having ever seen or read it before. 'Coprophagia' ~ a person who eats dung. So in fact you are 'nicely' calling Coutinho a shit eater. That's one way of calling him names....lol

William Clarke

Alisson
Trent Matip vDijk Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Keita, Shaqiri, Origi.​
That's if Bobby and Fab are fit enough.

p.s. Other than those two who could be doubtful to play, it's a decent team that you have selected.

Last edited:

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I thought Fabinho was more precauting with his head injury, to give him a little break to have him "100%" for Barca. Bobby should be fit, though we still have to see. If both are out, I'd consider playing Keita on the left of a front 3 (playing a bit deeper than Mo of course), Mane in Bobby's central role and Salah on the right, playing higher. This is not the game for the likes of Origi, Sturridge or Shaqiri from the start. Levels. It would allow us to still keep Wijnaldum at LCM and I'd use Milner at RCM with Hendo instead of Fabinho. That's what I'd do from the start in the worst case scenario if both Fabinho and Bobby are out.

Redopium

Watched barca last couple of games and I am 100% sure we will score goals there on Wednesday, they are all over the place defensively and struggled without Messi yesterday in the first half, if we can defend well and keep them out we will come away with a comfortable win, thankfully Var will be in operation as Suarez will be throwing himself to the turf with every contact, We are going to smash them. :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I think we will score....., but I wonder if the Burnley game today has an impact on the lineup?

I reckon Jurgen will be thinking to make sure we are in it for 2nd leg - but with this team, Mane could just explode and score a hat trick.
Lots of mates flying out tomorrow (most are ticketless) - but it'll be great.

It really is an extraordinary time being a red right now.

William Clarke

I think we will score....., but I wonder if the Burnley game today has an impact on the lineup?

I reckon Jurgen will be thinking to make sure we are in it for 2nd leg - but with this team, Mane could just explode and score a hat trick.
Lots of mates flying out tomorrow (most are ticketless) - but it'll be great.

It really is an extraordinary time being a red right now.
It's a brilliant time to be a Red right now, having the biggest points haul, top of the Prem, at least until later and maybe further, and semi-final of the Champions League. The only way we can top all that is to WIN something.

William Clarke

I think we will win away and score draw at Anfield, to go through to the final.

2-1 at their place. They won't know what hit them, with our pace and movement.
1-1 at Anfield in a more cagey affair, where we aren't sure if extra time is coming.

Ajax in the final.
I'm hoping you have it spot on Red and maybe a SIXTH European/Champions League in the trophy cupboard.

Rooster

What a hit son
The sternest test for our renewed European big boy status.

We matched or dealt with all the heavies over the last couple of years - Bayern, City, PSG, Roma - so it's Barca next to put away.

Naturally confidence is high and tantalisingly close to some big rewards and we can do it.

Thinking Fab comes in with Matip. Hendo must play, he just doesn't look like the deer in the headlights anymore, form is good and acts like a leader.

So exciting for all of us right this minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.