• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Bayern v Liverpool ,CL ,20.00 KO Wednesday 13th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Is it based on something? It's doing my head in trying to work out the significance of Gini playing a trombone... lol
No idea what it is based on, but the first thing that struck me was Robbo being the only one to actually be drinking rather than holding the stein

RodM

The key to this tie is not to concede which we are reasonably capable of these days. The back 4 should pick itself and then I'd go for Fabinho, Hendo and Gini in front of that. Are front guys are fast enough to create chances on the break

TBH, I'm not going to worry too much over this one. I'm sure Klopp knows more about playing Bayern than most people and with VAR there shouldn't be any dodgy goalkeeper wrestling incidents to concern us.

No predictions. Well, go on then: 1:0 to us with Mane chipping Neuer from outside the box.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
Feel like this might be a bridge too far for us. Bayern at home are as tough as they come and weve been poor on the road for a while now. We didnt do the business at home in my opinion.

I'm going to go for a comfortable 2-1 Bayern win. A scrappy goal for us towards the end to add some respectability the score.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
The Scots like a drink? The picture is a bit of fun and very well done.

Alisson
TAA Matip VVD Robbo
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

Henderson gets the nod to offer a bit more protection to Trent.
2-1 to Liverpool, away from home. Mane to score and continue his red hot form. Mo with the other.
But so do the English, Dutch, Brazilians so why are they different

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers

[email protected]

Anyone calling this a banana skin or a must win yet?

I expect this to be a fairly dramatic match but hopefully one we emerge from victorious. We need an early goal to shake their confidence!

Even if we get knocked out, we can at least concentrate on the league but I would love for us to stay in this competition and the title race for as long as we can.
I see you joined this season. The banana skin from @Lowton_Red served us long, did us proud and carried us to Kiev. Stop fucking it up. That goes to the other wannabes as well.

RedForever2014

…...…...Alisson
TAA Matip VVD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho
…………..Gini
Salah Firmino Mané

If we're going to play that midfield three, I would like to see Gini a little more advanced.

The main thing is that Klopp doesn't leave out Fabinho and go for the Hendo, Gini, Milner midfield he defaults to in big matches. Nor for that matter thinking that Lallana's decent show against a PL relegation threatened side means he's good to go against one of the best sides in Europe.

Bench: Mignolet, Lovren, Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, Keita. The latter three know the stadium, having played in the Bundesliga.

Sturridge and Moreno miss out, unless there's an injury in the 18 above. Oxlade and Gomez unavailable.

Incognito

The Normal One
Think Klopp will go with the safe set and that means all of Fab, Gini, Hendo and Milly, with Milly as RB. I wish we had gone with the ballsy set with Keita starting but seems there'll be fitness issue with the balls. So safe set. Smart set.

Last edited:

shadyghalab

Believer not a doubter
I'm concerned about Matip, He was so nervous in the first leg, He was almost going to cost us an own goal but allison saved it and his ability to clear the ball under pressure is awful. I hope the first 15 minutes go well for him without mistakes regardless that it would be okay.

Last edited:

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I'm concerned about Matip, He was so nervous in the first leg, He was almost going to cost us an own goal but allison saved it and his ability to clear the ball under pressure is awful. I hope the first 15 minutes go well for him without mistakes regardless that it would be okay.
Matip has gone back to little lapses of concentration again.
The corner Sunday came from a header under no pressure at all.

Alright Now

Matip has gone back to little lapses of concentration again.
The corner Sunday came from a header under no pressure at all.
Bit harsh. In the last 6 he has started, we’ve had 5 clean sheets. Agree his mistake against Burnley led to a goal that should have been disallowed, but suggesting his concentration is lapsing again seems like an impossibly high bar.

Eintrachtfan

The convinced one
Back home from my unforgettable visit to Anfield the Bayern match is around the corner.

What to expect? I must say I haven‘t got any clue.
That former Bayern player I mentioned in the pre-match post of the first leg against bayern told me he is convinced Bayern will approch the game in the same manner than at Anfield.

That‘s unthinkable for me. IMO they have to play more offensively at home than away. That would play into our cards.
One thing is certain: If we want to go through we have to be at our best.
Bayern didn‘t get eliminated against an English club since eight or nine years.

Line-up? I‘ll leave it to our manager. But I wouldn‘t be surprised to see Hendo as RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.